PDA

View Full Version : A right balls up with CJ variable speed control drive wiring

suesi34e
30-06-2016, 01:58 PM
Hi Guys

I had someone replace a cable for me going from the CJ variable speed controldrive on my Axminster Senior Drum sander to the motor that drives the belt.Worst luck is they could not remember what wire went in in what blockconnector. I looked on the net but cannot find a wiring diagram. I wonder ifanyone has the same sander or wiring diagram for the box. I attach a photo ofthe box and the insides. The person that did the job knows the wires went in the block but he is not sure which hole. It is the red and the black wire in that orange block to the left he is not sure on. He thinks it is right as is but he got confused and did not take a picture prior to starting. It is 240v
Many thanks to anyone that can help.

Steve

cropwell
30-06-2016, 05:35 PM
Hi Steve,

Do you have the model number of the speed controller. I can get a diagram for the CJ15, but anything else is difficult as CJ appears to have gone belly up.

Cheers,

Rob (not some salesman !)

Clive S
30-06-2016, 06:46 PM
Hi Guys

I had someone replace a cable for me going from the CJ variable speed controldrive on my Axminster Senior Drum sander to the motor that drives the belt.Worst luck is they could not remember what wire went in in what blockconnector. I looked on the net but cannot find a wiring diagram. I wonder ifanyone has the same sander or wiring diagram for the box. I attach a photo ofthe box.

Many thanks to anyone that can help.

Steve18825
Steve I think it might help if you post some good pictures of the inside of the box and say if it is 3 phase or single.

suesi34e
30-06-2016, 06:55 PM
Hi Rob, many thanks for the help.

suesi34e
30-06-2016, 06:56 PM
Hi Clive cheers for the help more photos added and yes it is 240v I should have mentioned that.

Many thanks

Steve

cropwell
30-06-2016, 07:16 PM
Steve,
I have had a good search of t'interweb, but nothing yet. You could try contacting Axminster. When I had a broken part on my mini lathe , they were more than helpful and tracked down the part for me. Maybe they have some tech manual in their archive.
Cheers,
Rob

JAZZCNC
30-06-2016, 08:45 PM
Steve if he's unsure and you don't want to risk starting it then remove Red blk wires and test the output with meter. It should change voltage with each speed position.

suesi34e
30-06-2016, 09:32 PM
Hi Jazz

Cheers very much mate for the reply it sounds like a plan. I really do wish they took a photo before the job was started!

Many thanks

Steve