PDA

View Full Version : FOR SALE: Unfinished Project - Fixed Gantry M/C - 500x400x100mm Approx - Cost over £3K in parts

Maccydu
14-08-2016, 11:12 AM
19024190251902619027190281902919030190311903219033 19034Unfinished project!

Selling my machine as unfortunately a change of circumstances means I no longer have time to finish it.

Looking for £2000 - Has cost me over £3000 in parts alone.

Includes:

80x80mm profile alu frame.
Solid 20mm Aluminium bedplate and Gantry uprights.
2.2kW 18000RPM Hertz Spindle (Cost £450 including import taxes etc from Turkey)
Inverter panel
Main control panel
48V PSU
3 x DM542A Microstep Drivers
3 x Nema23 3.0A 23HS9430B Motors 3NM / 425oz
THK HSR30 Profile Rail Bearings on X & Y axis (These are worth over £500)
Profile Round Rail on Z-Axis (I'm also including some Linear Rails and Bearings should you wish to swap - these alone are worth over £150)
1605 Ballscrews on each Axis
HP Laptop with parallel printer port also included (note: battery dead - needs to be plugged in to run)
Mach3 software installed.

Also a box of bits and bobs including limit switches, junction boxes, aluminium plates, 2 boxes of caphead screws, din rail terminals etc etc.

Please note - this machine is VERY heavy and large (I'll fill in specific details later) so you'll need a van and a couple of people to lift.

This machine will cut aluminium (I've used it already to cut some of the parts I then added to it) - I have a couple of videos that I can probably upload to youtube if needed.

It is a very sturdy, well built machine, that's probably 95% complete. Might be a weeks worth of work to finish it completely.

It looks a bit grotty in the photos as I had to disassemble it when we moved house recently and I stuck loads of brown tape around the frame to keep all the bits together - Over the next couple of weeks I'll be cleaning it all up.

Can demonstrate it running.

Collect from Sandiacre, Notts, NG10 - 2 mins from J25 of the M1

Any questions, please feel free to ask.

Photos and updates to follow

Chaz
14-08-2016, 12:05 PM
It might be worth completeing the project and then trying to sell. Not sure how many want to risk 'unfinished' and get into a nightmare of a fix / build.

johnsattuk
14-08-2016, 01:54 PM
Can you give cutting area

A_Camera
18-08-2016, 02:31 PM
It looks like a very nicely built machine, even with the brown tape marks on. Cleaning that should be no trouble for anyone buying the machine, and I definitely think it is well worth £2000+, especially if you also can demonstrate it working, which you say you can. I do agree that it may be easier to sell for an even better price if it would be completed, but even as it is since it is actually a working machine, not just parts and promises, you should have no problems if you find the right interest group. Try here as well:

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/

There is more life on that forum even if it is a USA based one. There are probably other forums as well.

I am sorry you have to give it up when you are so near the finishing line, and wish you good luck with the sales.