PDA

View Full Version : HSM advisor or Gwizard?

Ross77
24-08-2016, 03:54 PM
I'm looking at getting one of these to run some checks for the replacement motor on my lathe. Is one better than the other?

I was going to use the FS wizard but the online version doesn't seem to support turning.

Thanks in advance.

magicniner
24-08-2016, 04:50 PM
I think you probably need to trial them both and see what suits you, I ended up with HSM Advisor because it suited me best but others have told me that they like G-Wizard best,
Regards,
Nick

m_c
24-08-2016, 06:12 PM
As Nick says, trial them both.

I personally preferred HSM Advisor, as it just seemed easier/more intuitive to use, however I've never tried GW since buying a HSM license several years ago. And I'm even less inclined to do so, since cnccookbook became one big G-wizard advert.

John S
24-08-2016, 06:46 PM
Not only that g-wizards requires Adobe air to run and an internet connection. Adobe air is one big piece of crap, worse than Norton and takes over your computer

Ross77
24-08-2016, 07:44 PM
Thanks, I was going to try the demos but thought is was worth asking the question.

Do they sneak Adobe air in as part of the install then? I cant see any reference to it. might not bother with the trial and see how I get on with HSM.

james_cnc_machinist
08-07-2022, 08:24 AM
I'm doing a small research project looking into cutting parameters and the tools that are out there to help programmers. If anyone has a couple of minutes to complete a fully anonymous questionnaire to aid my research project I'd be really grateful
https://forms.gle/mHLBcfR5jwdrnNR88