PDA

View Full Version : laser cuter advice

voyager1972
17-09-2016, 11:15 AM
i saw this machine on ebay,,,,and was wondering if anyone has used ,or seen a similar machine in action..any thoughts or advice would be appreciated...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UPGRADED-100W-CO2-Laser-Engraving-Cutting-Machine-USB-PC-Engraver-Cutter-CNC-/201627682557?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368#shpCntId

AndrewMawson
10-11-2016, 12:52 PM
Old post but you may still be asking!

I've got the 60 watt version which seems essentially the same but without the 'under cupboard' When it arrived the crate had been broken and there was some cosmetic damage and a few wires off their correct locations - hinges loose - that sort of thing. Negotiated a discount and fettled it. One thing I thought was appalling was an override switch on the front panel that overcame the 'cover shut' safety switch, so that was removed. I also replaced the rather nasty sockets provided on the back for decent quality IEC ones (these are for the chiller, air pump etc)

It works quite well and does what I want, but the documentation (as always with Chinese stuff) is rather hard to follow. It's not obvious whether the power and speed settings on the machine panel over ride the software settings in RD Works (the driver package provided) for instance.

John S
10-11-2016, 01:41 PM
No they don't Andrew, the panel setting that is.

Last night i had mine set to 2 for speed as i wanted to jog it to a certain position but when i ran the program it cut at the specified 40mm . sec or whatever, certainly not as slow as 2.