PDA

View Full Version : Sherline Y-axis lead screw details

Neeps
17-09-2016, 02:59 PM
Can't get on the web today but can get onto Tapatalk ok via phone. Wanted to download SHERLINE pdf's to check Y-axis thread. From memory it's UNC 1/4 x 20 left hand. Could anybody confirm that for me.
Thanks
David

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Lee Roberts
17-09-2016, 03:13 PM
Cant see anything in the pdf's but i did find this on their website:

Leadscrew thread pitch, inch (Lathe, mill X and Y axes = 1/4-20, Mill Z axis = 3/8-20)

Leadscrew thread pitch, metric (Lathe, mill X and Y axes = 6.3 x 1 mm, Mill Z = 10 x 1 mm)

Link: Standard dimensions of Sherline tools... (http://sherline.com/standard-dimensions-of-sherline-tools/)

.Me

Neeps
17-09-2016, 04:48 PM
Thank you Lee. Can only imagine that it would be UNC. Thanks for looking it up, still no web access oddly.

Lee Roberts
17-09-2016, 05:24 PM
Np's,

Sorry cant find anything definitive on the thread type, found a few mentions of the lead screws being proprietary/custom to Sherline.

Are you making a new drive nut or somthing?

.Me

Neeps
17-09-2016, 07:13 PM
Doing some general renovations. Rewiring switches, thread cleaning, etc etc plus the y axis particularly seems to have suffered a bit from previous user not having leafage covered. Sherline uk on holiday until mid week so may just order another.
Also need a couple of other bits anyway. Everything works, just needs a bit of tarting up though.