PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: CNC Router!! "What have I done"?

custer
28-09-2016, 05:07 PM
Hi everybody, I am probably like hundreds before me, retired, love the idea of working with wood and thought, "I know I'll get a cnc router it will do all what I want to do and more".:nightmare:
Well how hard can it be?
It took months of looking around for a cnc router, I bought a Chinese 3020 "that's smaller than I thought" anyway gave it a go it only took me TWO MONTHS to get my first cut and then I collided with my hold-own clamp.
After holding my head in my hands for the next couple of weeks and wondering around mumbling "What have I done", I started looking at this forum. Lo and behold a eureka moment, other people like myself, but not only that, there are people prepared to share their knowledge and mistakes to help people like me. Thank you MYCNCUK I am so glad I found you.:applause:

Best regards

Boyan Silyavski
30-09-2016, 04:57 AM
Welcome to the forum! I think its the best forum about DIY CNC i know of. Especially if you have visited before that the cnczone, which really could confuse people with some ways of thinking and doing stuff.

and then I collided with my hold-own clamp.
After holding my head in my hands for the next couple of weeks and wondering around mumbling "What have I done"...
Best regards

You are not the only one, but whats the big deal? Did yo break sth? Normally steppers will stall and nothing would happen. At most you could break a bit. Now the other problems the chinese machines have with electronics and so, could make you want to pull your hair off

Minimax
30-09-2016, 07:32 AM
Hi everybody, I am probably like hundreds before me, retired, love the idea of working with wood and thought, "I know I'll get a cnc router it will do all what I want to do and more".:nightmare:
Well how hard can it be?
It took months of looking around for a cnc router, I bought a Chinese 3020 "that's smaller than I thought" anyway gave it a go it only took me TWO MONTHS to get my first cut and then I collided with my hold-own clamp.
After holding my head in my hands for the next couple of weeks and wondering around mumbling "What have I done", I started looking at this forum. Lo and behold a eureka moment, other people like myself, but not only that, there are people prepared to share their knowledge and mistakes to help people like me. Thank you MYCNCUK I am so glad I found you.:applause:

Best regards