The machine powers up and jogs around from the controller
The P.C is dead so I will try to fix it or get another

This was running from Signlab but the dongle has disappeared
Can anyone recommend a good software package to run this machine

Thanks in advance

Steve

John S
09-11-2016, 10:16 PM
Looks like a candidate for a rip, gut and start again.

magicniner
10-11-2016, 10:03 AM
If you can identify the step and direction signals inside the controller you may be able to patch in the control wiring from a break out board and use a PC and control software of your choice.
Does the engraving head have full variable height or just up/down with pressure adjustment?
The spindle looks just like a mystery item which came with my Gravograph IM-3 pantograph.

- Nick

Merlin201314
10-11-2016, 11:09 AM
Hi, if the computer is an olivetti(trash italian prehistoric computer) you won't have any chance to revive it, just get used to the idea of redo all the motor wiring with another controller, is much cheaper and will give you less headaches
Cheers
Emanuel

Inviato dal mio SM-N9005 utilizzando Tapatalk

Rustynut
11-11-2016, 07:16 PM
Thanks for the reply's

Magicniner, the Z axis is driven by a ballscrew and motor

I took the top off the controller, some of the P.C boards are marked Suregrave

I can move the axis around from the menu on the controller so hopefully I can use this
I just need to find some software for creating toolpaths and getting it into the controller
I will have a look at Galaad / Kay as I have used it before and it is reasonably priced for hobby use

There is some light rust on the linear guides, I will strip the machine and see how they clean up

Any other suggestions gratefully recieved

Merlin201314
11-11-2016, 07:28 PM
Have a look at ESTLcam, is good and is REALLY Cheap, you can try it for free and save tool path to use, just be careful about the generate Gcode, it has multiple options, choose the "GENERIC" for the first time

Sended by my tapatalk