PDA

View Full Version : CNCdrive UC300ETH Mach3 plugin is now available

A_Camera
11-11-2016, 10:56 AM
I don't know if people of this forum are interested at all about the CNC Drive UC300ETH, but anyway, this motion controller had previously only worked (officially) with the UCCNC software, plugin was not released for Mach3 until today...

Now this plugin is officially released by CNC Drive and the UC300ETH, just like every other motion controller they have, can finally be used also with Mach3. If anybody is interested in it, it can download it from their page:

CNCdrive - motion controls (http://www.cncdrive.com/UC300ETH.html)

I have been testing this for a while now, and it works great with both Mach3 and UCCNC. The motion controller can be used in a LAN through a LAN switch and router gateway or through direct Ethernet connection, if that is what is preferred by the user. With this driver you can have your CNC in a LAN, with your PC located in a different room or building if wish to do so.

Previously I used the UC300USB, and by upgrading to UC300ETH my speed, with the same CNC hardware and every other electronics, is increased from maximum 5000mm/min to 8000mm/min on X and 10,000mm/min on Y, acceleration increased from 400 to 700. Very nice.

Lee Roberts
11-11-2016, 01:40 PM
Hi Camera, thanks for the update/share.

What's the difference in the uc300eth vs the uc400eth?

Now there is officially a plugin, will you be staying with mach 3 or going back to the UCCNC control software?

1Jumper10
11-11-2016, 02:47 PM

Now there is officially a plugin, will you be staying with mach 3 or going back to the UCCNC control software?

The UC300ETH will accept 24v inputs and can output an analog signal of 0-10v for spindle control. The UC400ETH can only accept 5V inputs and lacks the 0-10v output. There may be other differences. I just built a machine using the UC400ETH and I'm very happy with its speed and reliability but the UC300ETH would have been just as fast and reliable I assume but it would have been simpler to build with. As it was, with the UC400ETH I had to add a 0-10v DAC for converting the PWM signal to the input my VFD required, and also a voltage converter to drop my 24V supply down to 5V for my sensor power/input. The UC400ETH is powered by 24V. It would have been nice if it accepted 24V inputs. I should have planned a little better I guess.

A_Camera
11-11-2016, 02:47 PM

Hi Lee,
The biggest differences are in the number of inputs/outputs. The UC400ETH has 2 standard parallel ports (LPT type) while the UC300ETH has 2 LPT type and 3 DB25 with mostly inputs and additionally even 2 analog inputs and 2 outputs, so it is pretty well equipped and has more in/outputs than I'll ever need. The UC400ETH does not have any analog I/O at all, which isn't really important for me at the moment since I control my spindle via Modbus and RS485ETH.

Most probably I will move everything to UCCNC mecause it is in many ways better. Unfortunately, the move is not that simple because I have to rewrite my macros since Mach uses VB and UCCNC uses C#. Also, UCCNC does not have radius compensation (yet) and that is something I frequently used, so I have to regenerate everything without if I move to UCCNC.

The Mach3 plugin means that I am not in a hurry now, but with the UCCNC and the UC300ETH I get higher speeds and better results than with Mach, so there is indeed an advantage in leaving Mach3. UCCNC has also some functions which does not exist in Mach3, and in general I like it more than I like Mach.

Lee Roberts
11-11-2016, 03:51 PM
Hi Lee,
The biggest differences are in the number of inputs/outputs. The UC400ETH has 2 standard parallel ports (LPT type) while the UC300ETH has 2 LPT type and 3 DB25 with mostly inputs and additionally even 2 analog inputs and 2 outputs, so it is pretty well equipped and has more in/outputs than I'll ever need. The UC400ETH does not have any analog I/O at all, which isn't really important for me at the moment since I control my spindle via Modbus and RS485ETH.

Most probably I will move everything to UCCNC mecause it is in many ways better. Unfortunately, the move is not that simple because I have to rewrite my macros since Mach uses VB and UCCNC uses C#. Also, UCCNC does not have radius compensation (yet) and that is something I frequently used, so I have to regenerate everything without if I move to UCCNC.

The Mach3 plugin means that I am not in a hurry now, but with the UCCNC and the UC300ETH I get higher speeds and better results than with Mach, so there is indeed an advantage in leaving Mach3. UCCNC has also some functions which does not exist in Mach3, and in general I like it more than I like Mach.
Hi guys, thanks for the info.

They both look like a good buy given the price, so was the 400 designed as a cut down version or something ? ('m going off the notion that "300" comes before "400" and so the 400 is the newer product) is that right?

I like the idea of "LAN" based control for things, but I don't know, something equally doesn't feel right about the control being remote...stuff to think about it guess.

As you say the plugin gives you the best of both for now then, ok keep us posted on your/the progress, I follow you via the youtube ;-).

I just built a machine using the UC400ETH and I'm very happy with its speed and reliability but the UC300ETH would have been just as fast and reliable I assume but it would have been simpler to build with.

Do you have a youtube channel Jumper?

1Jumper10
11-11-2016, 04:57 PM
Lee -

Not really a channel. This is the first and only video I've posted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0biZJSnepU

It is of the router I built in one of the first test runs.

Regarding the UC400 being a cut down version of the UC300, although the product numbering would lead you to believe otherwise, I think your're right. I bought the 400 because I wanted the best UCCNC controller and I thought that the 400 was the top of the line based on its product number and thats all the further I looked into it. I think the UC300ETH is better. It wasnt that much of an inconvenience to make the 400 work, just a couple extra components. And it is very fast! My servo's can handle a 500Khz data stream and the UC400 can stream at 400KHz very nicely. The ethernet connection can give you a lot of flexibility if you want to configure your network to work that way. I did not. I bought a dedicated computer to drive the router and simply used the ethernet cable just like one would use a USB cable.

Another thing I like about the UC400ETH is that you dont need another board like a smooth stepper etc. I used a breakout board like this: https://www.winford.com/products/brkg25.php Except mine has different connector that adapted to the UC400. Less than $25.

A_Camera
11-11-2016, 06:33 PM
Lee, the UC300ETH is the brother of UC300USB, which I upgraded from. Those two are identical except for the USB/ETH piggyback interface.

A_Camera
11-11-2016, 07:35 PM
The UC300ETH will accept 24v inputs and can output an analog signal of 0-10v for spindle control. The UC400ETH can only accept 5V inputs and lacks the 0-10v output. There may be other differences. I just built a machine using the UC400ETH and I'm very happy with its speed and reliability but the UC300ETH would have been just as fast and reliable I assume but it would have been simpler to build with. As it was, with the UC400ETH I had to add a 0-10v DAC for converting the PWM signal to the input my VFD required, and also a voltage converter to drop my 24V supply down to 5V for my sensor power/input. The UC400ETH is powered by 24V. It would have been nice if it accepted 24V inputs. I should have planned a little better I guess.That is partially incorrect. The UC300, just like the UC400, only accepts 5V input levels and can only be fed by 5VDC. The UC300 has 12V outputs, as well as 0-10V, but the voltages are generated through a step up circuit. None of the UCxxx motion controllers are a replacement for a BOB, and none of them have optical isolators, so a BOB is necessary. To be able to connect 24V to the inputs you need to connect a BOB which can take 24V, otherwise you'd fry the inputs of the UC300ETH or UC300USB.

1Jumper10
11-11-2016, 07:46 PM
Ok. I directly connected Clearpath Servos which are opto isolated. So I did not need a breakout board. But, as you say others might. Concerning the UC300 inputs, i was mistaken. Thank you for the correction.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

A_Camera
11-11-2016, 07:52 PM
Lee -

Not really a channel. This is the first and only video I've posted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0biZJSnepU

It is of the router I built in one of the first test runs.

Nice machine.

Regarding the UC400 being a cut down version of the UC300, although the product numbering would lead you to believe otherwise, I think your're right.

It is not a cut-down UC300 at all, it is a completely different model. Yes, the numbering should have been different and according to me it should be called UC200ETH, but never the less, it is totally different design.

I bought the 400 because I wanted the best UCCNC controller and I thought that the 400 was the top of the line based on its product number and thats all the further I looked into it. I think the UC300ETH is better. It wasnt that much of an inconvenience to make the 400 work, just a couple extra components. And it is very fast! My servo's can handle a 500Khz data stream and the UC400 can stream at 400KHz very nicely. The ethernet connection can give you a lot of flexibility if you want to configure your network to work that way. I did not. I bought a dedicated computer to drive the router and simply used the ethernet cable just like one would use a USB cable.

I was going to buy the UC400ETH because it had the Mach3 plugin available, but was contected by Balazs and he asked me to reconsider, not only because they were working on the UC300ETH plugin already, but also because they offered a UCCNC license with the UC300ETH during that period, so I went for the UC300ETH.

Another thing I like about the UC400ETH is that you dont need another board like a smooth stepper etc. I used a breakout board like this: https://www.winford.com/products/brkg25.php Except mine has different connector that adapted to the UC400. Less than $25.

That breakout board is just a bunch of screw terminals, not optically isolated. I'd not use that with any of the CNC Drive products. There is even a warning about this in their manuals.

Ger21
11-11-2016, 09:01 PM
The UC300 has 12V outputs, as well as 0-10V

I don't think it has 12V outputs, because it connects to standard parallel port breakout boards.
Also, I think the analog voltage varies depending on which motherboard you use, and I don't think it does 0-10V without a breakout board, does it?

Ger21
11-11-2016, 09:32 PM
You are correct about the 0-10V output. I was confusing them with the analog inputs.

The 12V outputs on the analog port are not "outputs", but just 12V.

The UC300eth also has a 400Khz kernel speed.

Lee Roberts
11-11-2016, 11:53 PM
That breakout board is just a bunch of screw terminals, not optically isolated. I'd not use that with any of the CNC Drive products. There is even a warning about this in their manuals.

I've got something similar but I've also got one of these: http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/252307419456

...as well. There is so many options these days, i think moving away from LTP and/or USB is a good move though.

A_Camera
12-11-2016, 08:34 AM
You are correct about the 0-10V output. I was confusing them with the analog inputs.

The 12V outputs on the analog port are not "outputs", but just 12V.

The UC300eth also has a 400Khz kernel speed.

Yes.... well, it is an output, but yes it is just 12V. On when the card is powered up off after power off and in between it outputs 12V on those pins.

A_Camera
12-11-2016, 08:38 AM
I've got something similar but I've also got one of these: http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/252307419456

...as well. There is so many options these days, i think moving away from LTP and/or USB is a good move though.

Yes, definitely agree that LPT and USB are not exactly optimal year 2016.
BTW, I have two identical BOBs. They also have 0-10V and are very goodand in my opinion. That BOB has six optically isolated inputs which are driven separately from the 5V logic if connected properly, outputs are through buffer driver and the relay is useful.

John S
12-11-2016, 02:00 PM
Well had a look at the 300ETH manual and it's not exactly helpful is it ?
22 Pages, 20 of which tell you how to connect the ethernet and then a scant 2 pages giving the wiring of the pins.

aHowever they are all marked output 1, output2, etc, Analog 1, analog 2

Would it really hurt these peole is they supplied a diagram for a working 3 or 4 axis machine with VFD ?
You know it just might, note I said might, improve sales because at the moment anyone who isn't an EE is totally fazed by what has been released.

BTW can it do multiline encoder for lathe ?

Ger21
12-11-2016, 02:30 PM
The UC300ETH basically has 5 parallel ports. There are different motherboards available which dictate the input and output pins.
Two ports are standard, and 3 ports use pins 2-9 as inputs.
The CNC4PC M44 board has 3 parallel ports, and two special ports, one for inputs, one for outputs. One of the 3 is standard and two use pins 2-9 as inputs.

You plug in your breakout boards and wire it any way you want, just like a standard parallel port.

The analog I/O uses a separate header.

There is no lathe screen at this time. It does rigid tapping, so it may be able to use a multiline encoder. Not positive, though. Send them an email, they are very good with customer service.

Lee Roberts
12-11-2016, 04:29 PM
The UC300ETH basically has 5 parallel ports. There are different motherboards available which dictate the input and output pins.
Two ports are standard, and 3 ports use pins 2-9 as inputs.
The CNC4PC M44 board has 3 parallel ports, and two special ports, one for inputs, one for outputs. One of the 3 is standard and two use pins 2-9 as inputs.

You plug in your breakout boards and wire it any way you want, just like a standard parallel port.

The analog I/O uses a separate header.

There is no lathe screen at this time. It does rigid tapping, so it may be able to use a multiline encoder. Not positive, though. Send them an email, they are very good with customer service.
What's your hardware setup Gerry ?

I'm confused, so do you need to buy a motherboard or dose it come with the one in the pic and shown in the manual?

A_Camera
12-11-2016, 04:42 PM
Well had a look at the 300ETH manual and it's not exactly helpful is it ?

What help do you need or what is missing according to you?

22 Pages, 20 of which tell you how to connect the ethernet and then a scant 2 pages giving the wiring of the pins.

Well, the 13 page about the network setup is a bit too much, probably could be cut down to 1 or 2, but if it was, I bet you somebody would complain about being too condense. Actually, 5 pages are about wiring and that's all needed, at least for most people. I agree though that they should have combined the UC300USB and UC300ETH manuals, because especially with Mach3, some features are not explained in the UC300ETH manual.

aHowever they are all marked output 1, output2, etc, Analog 1, analog 2

No, they are called Port #1, Port #2, Port #3, Port #4, Port #5 and Analog. Pins which are called "Input" are input pins, and those called "Outputs" are obviously output pins. Analog input 1 and 2 marks the pins which have the function of being analog input 1 and 2, likewise for analog outputs 1 and 2. If an input or output pin has the same name, it has obviously the same function because they are opposite each other and they are electrically connected to each other, for example there are two pins marked Analog input/output 1 and 2 and those are obviously the same (i.e. analog input 1 on pin 3 is the same as analog input 1 on pin 11) and not typo.

I think all that is very clear to anyone with a not so negative attitude.

Would it really hurt these peole is they supplied a diagram for a working 3 or 4 axis machine with VFD ?

Would it really hurt being more positive...?

Perhaps they assume that a person buying such card knows why he/she is buying one and can connect it. Regardless of which, it is mentioned in the manual that it should be connected to a breakout board, and all those I have seen had a diagram about how to connect a machine to their BOB.

You know it just might, note I said might, improve sales because at the moment anyone who isn't an EE is totally fazed by what has been released.

You know it just might, note I said might, not really matter. Why? because people who are seriously interested have a different attitude and are willing to risk this small sum of money just to try it out. Also, people in general know that CNC Drive is providing excellent support, so I am pretty sure that a person who has problems with connecting the motion controller would get all the help needed. But... there will always be people who are never going to be satisfied... If they would have a manual containing hundreds of pages, describing basically everything, the price of the product would be higher and then some other people would complain that they are too expensive. Remember that CNC Drive is not a hobby for them, it is a company paying their daily bread. Also, perhaps very high volume is not their target, some time it is better to find the customers who KNOW what they need and want than finding too many customers who don't have a clue.

No, you don't need to be an EE to be able to use their products, but sure, you need to have some basic electrical understanding about what you are doing and why. You not really qualify as an EE if you manage to connect their UC300ETH.

Lee Roberts
12-11-2016, 05:12 PM
This just got posted to the tube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1wqZFhTCVs

OK, so it looks as though you get the MB with the ETH version?

JAZZCNC
12-11-2016, 05:44 PM
This just got posted to the tube: https://youtu.be/_1wqZFhTCVs

Still need BOB's or Isolation Lee they MB only provides headers which arent Optoisolated.

One thing that baffels me with this Company is they provide good hardware that is stable and with decent software/backup provide it on Motherboard with headers but then cripple it by not providing isolated I/O system that can handle 24V.

It wouldn't take much more effort or cost to add this and make it much more usable piece of hardware. I would use them in heart beat on machines I build if didn't require BOB and ran from 24V not 5V.

Shame.!!!

John S
12-11-2016, 06:04 PM
What help do you need or what is missing according to you?

Wiring diagram or more information.

Well, the 13 page about the network setup is a bit too much, probably could be cut down to 1 or 2, but if it was, I bet you somebody would complain about being too condense. Actually, 5 pages are about wiring and that's all needed, at least for most people. I agree though that they should have combined the UC300USB and UC300ETH manuals, because especially with Mach3, some features are not explained in the UC300ETH manual.

We must be looking at different manuals then. Last page in mine where it finally lets go of the ethernet wrestling match is page 18 of 22
Pages 19, 20 and 21 cover pins in terms of inputs and output numbers, page 22 is a picture

No, they are called Port #1, Port #2, Port #3, Port #4, Port #5 and Analog. Pins which are called "Input" are input pins, and those called "Outputs" are obviously output pins. Analog input 1 and 2 marks the pins which have the function of being analog input 1 and 2, likewise for analog outputs 1 and 2. If an input or output pin has the same name, it has obviously the same function because they are opposite each other and they are electrically connected to each other, for example there are two pins marked Analog input/output 1 and 2 and those are obviously the same (i.e. analog input 1 on pin 3 is the same as analog input 1 on pin 11) and not typo.

I think all that is very clear to anyone with a not so negative attitude.

Not being told anything and my reply is negative. ? Then to be told on a forum I need one of Arturo Duncan's cards to make it work ?

Would it really hurt being more positive...?

Perhaps they assume that a person buying such card knows why he/she is buying one and can connect it. Regardless of which, it is mentioned in the manual that it should be connected to a breakout board, and all those I have seen had a diagram about how to connect a machine to their BOB.

Just looked at the CNC4PC site and the M44 board which now tells me I need a C23 / C25 / C32 M21 / M23 / M25 / M27 / or M41 board as well.

Glad that cleared that up.

You know it just might, note I said might, not really matter. Why? because people who are seriously interested have a different attitude and are willing to risk this small sum of money just to try it out. Also, people in general know that CNC Drive is providing excellent support, so I am pretty sure that a person who has problems with connecting the motion controller would get all the help needed. But... there will always be people who are never going to be satisfied... If they would have a manual containing hundreds of pages, describing basically everything, the price of the product would be higher and then some other people would complain that they are too expensive. Remember that CNC Drive is not a hobby for them, it is a company paying their daily bread. Also, perhaps very high volume is not their target, some time it is better to find the customers who KNOW what they need and want than finding too many customers who don't have a clue.

No, you don't need to be an EE to be able to use their products, but sure, you need to have some basic electrical understanding about what you are doing and why. You not really qualify as an EE if you manage to connect their UC300ETH.

Did you ever see the picture of the shelves above my desk where I have probably built over 100 CNC machines ?
It's full of boards that don't work, promise the earth and never deliver or take your money and never reappear again.

Sorry negative or not, I don't have the time to piss about and why should I . ? If the manufactures can't supply a finished working product then stuff them, there are plenty who can.

I'm SERIOUSLY PISSED OFF wasting months and years of my life whilst idle people get others to do their work for them.
Why should I buy 2, 3 or even 4 pieces of equipment off different suppliers who won't even talk to one another and I'm expected to be UNPAID piggy in the middle.

JAZZCNC
12-11-2016, 06:17 PM
I'm SERIOUSLY PISSED OFF wasting months and years of my life whilst idle people get others to do their work for them.
Why should I buy 2, 3 or even 4 pieces of equipment off different suppliers who won't even talk to one another and I'm expected to be UNPAID piggy in the middle.

Ye and you ain't got many years left ya Old Git so Chill out else you'll blow fuse early. . :thumsup:

John S
12-11-2016, 06:25 PM
Yes Jazz but it has an inverse reaction, the more bad press they get the more they have to pull their socks up and the better it makes it for everyone else.

It's just a pity it has to be this way.

JAZZCNC
12-11-2016, 06:28 PM
Yes Jazz but it has an inverse reaction, the more bad press they get the more they have to pull their socks up and the better it makes it for everyone else.

It's just a pity it has to be this way.

Ye 100% agree John but I'd hate to have come Visit you in hospital over Bloody BOB. . :hysterical:

Lee Roberts
12-11-2016, 07:10 PM
Still need BOB's or Isolation Lee they MB only provides headers which arent Optoisolated.

One thing that baffels me with this Company is they provide good hardware that is stable and with decent software/backup provide it on Motherboard with headers but then cripple it by not providing isolated I/O system that can handle 24V.

It wouldn't take much more effort or cost to add this and make it much more usable piece of hardware. I would use them in heart beat on machines I build if didn't require BOB and ran from 24V not 5V.

Shame.!!!

Yea understood...cheers

Its probably just the evolution of the product and so on, USB is 5v, allot of hobby guys have for years/probably run 5v systems, they probably didn't expect the need to cater for such professional setup's like the ones you build. Who knows (Camera?), the next model/version may have iso and 24v...

Or is it to do with the pros and cons of connecting to a host via USB vs PP vs Ethernet etc (http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/8769-Connecting-to-a-CNC-machine-pros-and-cons-of-USB-vs-PP-vs-Ethernet-etc), electrical noise playing games but not having an effect on system I mean...

I've got my own answer now guys thanks, I was mobile when asked and playing kindergarten cop so didn't watch the video properly...

To order and recive the MB and PCB as pictured, its the UC300ETH-5LPT (http://www.shop.cncdrive.com/index.php?productID=790) you need to order, the 5LPT part of that being the bit to watch for, I dont think it matters if you order from them direct at the mo, as at the time of writing this, they only have the ETH-5LPT listed in their web shop anyway!

The different/additional motherboard's you can get, are just options/choices from other suppliers if you only have the UC300ETH PCB.

Neale
12-11-2016, 07:23 PM
I had a read through the manual as well. I would have liked to see little things like polarities on the analogue outputs and inputs. I don't expect to have to measure this kind of thing before wiring it into a system. This was the wiring manual, I think. I assumed that another doc would talk about configuration in Mach3, port and pin numbering, etc. This is the kind of thing that's obvious to someone who has used the device before but can be a real time-waster first time you meet one. Does look an interesting device, though, and if I weren't building in a CSMIO I might have considered one - plus the extra boards for opto-isolation, etc.

magicniner
12-11-2016, 07:29 PM
I thought 24v inputs was not about being "professional" but was about being far less susceptible to EM noise, thus yielding a more robust system?

It's just occurred to me that I have a bag of postage stamp sized boards which do bi-directional conversion of signals between two different voltage levels ;-)

JAZZCNC
12-11-2016, 07:47 PM
Its probably just the evolution of the product and so on, USB is 5v, allot of hobby guys have for years/probably run 5v systems, they probably didn't expect the need to cater for such professional setup's like the ones you build.

That's just it Lee it costs so little extra for these guys to do it right. It shouldn't be considered Professional level. It should be a standard for CNC.(To save loss of hair.!!)
Only reason they don't include on the Mainboard is so they can sell BOB's.!!!!

Does look an interesting device, though, and if I weren't building in a CSMIO I might have considered one - plus the extra boards for opto-isolation, etc.

Neil while it's nice board there's no way I'd swap for Cslabs IP-M other than to use there UCCnc software. If using Mach3 then it's still got long way go to compete with the quality of Cslabs units.
Not until they dump the requirement for external BOB or Isolation and provide 24v I/O and remove the need for 5v psu would I consider using them, even if the UCcnc software is better than Mach3.

If Cslabs would just change there policy and allow independant homing of the Slaved axis for router/plasma type machines they would blow every other PC based Motion controller at this level away. Can't believe they don't see the potential sales there losing because lack of this one feature and believe me I have told begged and pleaded with them on many occasions.

A_Camera
12-11-2016, 07:59 PM
Wiring diagram or more information.

I am not sure a wiring diagram is really necessary in this manual. The manual itself can be improved, I agree, but wireing diagram should not be necessary, after all, this card is basically "only" a parallel port interface. Yes, it is more advanced than a simple interface, but still, you could see it as 5 individual parallel ports, 2 standard LPT and 3 mostly inputs. What they should perhaps describe better is the analog part, how to use it and so on. They should also refer to the UC300USB manual, which in my opinion is actually better.

We must be looking at different manuals then. Last page in mine where it finally lets go of the ethernet wrestling match is page 18 of 22
Pages 19, 20 and 21 cover pins in terms of inputs and output numbers, page 22 is a picture

We are looking at the same manual, but interpret it differently... I think. The Ethernet wrestling starts on page 4 and ends on page 16. before and after that is hardware information about the card which I think is important. But I agree that the manual could be improved.

Not being told anything and my reply is negative. ? Then to be told on a forum I need one of Arturo Duncan's cards to make it work ?

No, why would you need Arturo Duncan's cards to make it work? I don't even know who he is... :) just using a cheap BOB like this one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252307419456

That's all you need to make it work. £5 card, unless you want something fancier. I have two of those, but one is enough. Not very expensive at all, and it is also clearly said in the manual, so "not being told anything" is really an understatement.

Just looked at the CNC4PC site and the M44 board which now tells me I need a C23 / C25 / C32 M21 / M23 / M25 / M27 / or M41 board as well.

Glad that cleared that up.

I don't have that card. People talk about it and I really don't know why. In fact, I have no idea what all that is about. All you need is a simple BOB and if you don't care about buffering or isolation you can skip even that. With the card delivered is an IDC26 - DB25 ribbon cable which can be used to connect any parallel port based mill to the UC300ETH, but it is better to buy a BOB to get proper isolation and a screw terminal. That's all.

Did you ever see the picture of the shelves above my desk where I have probably built over 100 CNC machines ?
It's full of boards that don't work, promise the earth and never deliver or take your money and never reappear again.

Sorry negative or not, I don't have the time to piss about and why should I . ? If the manufactures can't supply a finished working product then stuff them, there are plenty who can.

Well, I feel sorry for you. ...but I have a stupid question... if your time is so precious and don't have any to waste, why waste it in this thread? It is obvious that all you want to do is negative bashing of a product you have no clue about, so why not use your precious time for something more useful and positive than trashing my thread and spreading negative BS? It is neither my fault nor CNC Drive's that you feel miserable. Why you waste moths and years I have no idea, but even if I had, I can't do much about. Better to contact somebody who can help you, because I can't.

I don't care how many hundreds of CNC you have build or not. I have just built one and upgrade that one after my needs. First USB motion controller I bought was crap, after that I discovered CNC Drive's UC300USB which I happily used without trouble for a year or so and when they released the UC300ETH I knew what I was buying and from who, so I have absolutely no doubt in their products... Feel free to have a different opinion, but not knowing much about the product does not really make your opinion very credible regarding their products, the company or even their manuals, which you obviously misunderstood based on your comments about all the cards "needed".

1Jumper10
12-11-2016, 08:07 PM
Im trying to think of all the equipment on my router that is not opto isolated that i have connected directly to my UC4400ETH. The servos are, as I recall the vfd is, so I believe the only thing that leaves is three sensors and a DAC. And I think I remember reading in the uc400 eth manual that's the inputs can sink a maximum of 20 milliamps? And I was careful to make sure that the power converter for the switches and the DAC all share a common ground with the uc400 eth. My point is, I didn't use a breakout board. The breakout board I used was simply an expansion of the connections on the uc400 eth. I could be wrong, but I don't think that a breakout board is absolutely necessary. At least mine's working fine without it right now.

Ger21
12-11-2016, 08:09 PM

Shame.!!!

They designed and built a prototype two years ago, but had to shelf it at the time, as they were too busy working on their software and their ethernet boards. Hopefully at some point they'll get back to it.

If enough people ask them for it, maybe they'll get to it quicker.

Ger21
12-11-2016, 08:17 PM
What's your hardware setup Gerry ?

I'm confused, so do you need to buy a motherboard or dose it come with the one in the pic and shown in the manual?

I think that it depends where you buy it from.
CNC4PC sells the motherboards separately. I think if you buy it from CNC Drive it comes with their 5 port motherboard.

Currently, it's sitting on my desk with a $5 chinese breakout board, plugged into the M44 motherboard. I'm just using it for testing and screen design work right now.

Not sure what breakout boards I'll use on my router, as it's still a year away. Maybe the C62, and an M23 for additional 24V inputs.
Or two C10's and an M23, which is a lot cheaper.

It's really flexible, and lets you do pretty much whatever you want.

I'll be running a mix of four DMM 400w AC servos and two steppers.

JAZZCNC
12-11-2016, 08:20 PM
I thought 24v inputs was not about being "professional" but was about being far less susceptible to EM noise, thus yielding a more robust system?

100% correct and just how it should be done. 5V is ok running clocks.

A_Camera
12-11-2016, 08:22 PM
I had a read through the manual as well. I would have liked to see little things like polarities on the analogue outputs and inputs. I don't expect to have to measure this kind of thing before wiring it into a system. This was the wiring manual, I think. I assumed that another doc would talk about configuration in Mach3, port and pin numbering, etc. This is the kind of thing that's obvious to someone who has used the device before but can be a real time-waster first time you meet one. Does look an interesting device, though, and if I weren't building in a CSMIO I might have considered one - plus the extra boards for opto-isolation, etc.

Did you miss to read page 18?

All output pins are TTL level with 0/5Volts output Voltage levels and an absolute maximum of +-20mAmps current per output channel. All inputs are TTL compatible and accept 0/5Volts Voltage levels.

Then on page 19:

The board also has an IDC16 analog I/O port with 2 analog inputs and 2 analog 0-10V outputs.

Isn't that clear enough? I am sure it is pretty obvious which polarities inputs/outputs are since they are referenced to GND, so what exactly are you missing? A "+" sign in front of every one of them? It

The Mach3 plugin is like two days old (officially)... the manual was written long BEFORE, but if you have questions, I am sure they can answer you, and tell you to have a look in the UC300USB manual. It is just a parallel port converter for crying out loud! What kind of help do you need? It is pretty well explained in the Mach3 manual how to configure it, and the Internet is full of information about it as well.

I can't understand this whining about the extra BOB needed. Is really £5 so much money, or what is the problem?

JAZZCNC
12-11-2016, 08:24 PM
I could be wrong, but I don't think that a breakout board is absolutely necessary. At least mine's working fine without it right now.

No it's not absolutely necessary and it will work fine right upto the point what evers connected to it doesn't. Then it releases the magic smoke smoke.!:angel:

A_Camera
12-11-2016, 08:25 PM
Im trying to think of all the equipment on my router that is not opto isolated that i have connected directly to my UC4400ETH. The servos are, as I recall the vfd is, so I believe the only thing that leaves is three sensors and a DAC. And I think I remember reading in the uc400 eth manual that's the inputs can sink a maximum of 20 milliamps? And I was careful to make sure that the power converter for the switches and the DAC all share a common ground with the uc400 eth. My point is, I didn't use a breakout board. The breakout board I used was simply an expansion of the connections on the uc400 eth. I could be wrong, but I don't think that a breakout board is absolutely necessary. At least mine's working fine without it right now....which is exactly why you need a BOB. The BOB will provide you with optically isolated inputs which you can drive with 24V and buffered outputs which can sinc more than 20mA.

A_Camera
12-11-2016, 08:27 PM
Again, that's taken care of by a £5 BOB.

JAZZCNC
12-11-2016, 08:33 PM
I can't understand this whining about the extra BOB needed. Is really £5 so much money, or what is the problem?

It's not about the cost it's the fact it uses 5V and all the instabilty that comes with it.! Anyone who's had noise issues will know all too well why 5V I/O is best avoided for stable system.

Ger21
12-11-2016, 08:41 PM
Here's a preview of my upcoming UCCNC Screenset.
Similar to the Mach3 2010 Screenset, but more modern, and more features and user control.

JAZZCNC
12-11-2016, 08:59 PM
Similar to the Mach3 2010 Screenset, but more modern, and more features and user control.

Looking good Gerry now get into there ribs and tell them to give us 24V I/O and 24V powered and I'll be onboard.

John S
12-11-2016, 09:05 PM
And multi line encoder threading. <g>

Lee Roberts
12-11-2016, 09:16 PM

They go hand in hand don't they?, if it's true a 24v based system is less susceptible to noise problems, then it's more professional to use 24v, no ?

It shouldn't be considered Professional level. It should be a standard for CNC.

I new that was coming, professional industrial grade cnc or professional hobby level cnc?

Yeah but to keep a perspective on things, what other areas of CNC are standardized?

Maybe they havn't had the feedback for those things yet, like i was trying to suggest before, who knows what is to come. Given their rep for support offered, i'm sure they are listening, we just need to let them know maybe?

Not sure i'm bothered about them wanting to sell BOB's, I'm sure there will be benefits to using physically separate units, the option of using your own and the features that you may get with one but dont get with another, for instance...

HANG ON A MO?

The IP-M come's with separate BOB's/cable's anyway so what's the biggy?

Sure the isolation, handy little relay and what ever else they bundle is all nicely tucked away in that pretty little grey box they call the IP-M, but you still have to access that lot with a bob/boc....

SO....WHAT'S YOUR BEEF FAM?....

with having separate units in a UCCNC based system?

They designed and built a prototype two years ago, but had to shelf it at the time, as they were too busy working on their software and their ethernet boards. Hopefully at some point they'll get back to it.

If enough people ask them for it, maybe they'll get to it quicker.

How coincidental, just last week I read through the thread where you asked them on the forum what the status of that unit was, i'm pretty sure they said they would get back to it eventually, or words to that effect...

Oooo is that an exclusive lol, looking good so far :thumsup:

JAZZCNC
12-11-2016, 09:30 PM
HANG ON A MO?

Sure the isolation, handy little relay and what ever else they bundle is all nicly tucked away in that pretty little grey box they call the IP-M,

The cables you mention are just terminal blocks to make connection easier and not like BOB at all.

Stabilty is all about Layers or more specificly removing layers. BOB's or to be more specific Cheap ones are just Weak Layer which cause trouble.

Don't understand why folks will buy Motion controller for the higher cleaner pulse rates then strangle them by connecting to Cheap BOB with Slow Optos etc.?

It's this and other electrical incompatabilty's that come into play which make multi mixed hardware systems less reliable than one that's been designed and tested to play nice together.

Unfortunatly often this Stabilty comes at premium cost and it really shouldn't because wouldn't cost them much more to add it.!!

John S
12-11-2016, 09:32 PM
HANG ON A MO?

Try Specsavers, they are connector boards, DB25 to screw terminals and at least they supply the bloody things and don't just do a half heated job of fitting IDE sockets and leaving you to it.

A_Camera
12-11-2016, 10:50 PM
It's not about the cost it's the fact it uses 5V and all the instabilty that comes with it.! Anyone who's had noise issues will know all too well why 5V I/O is best avoided for stable system.Fine but it is normal to use 5V for logic internally. All digital chips run on 5V and/or 3.3V. Nobody is saying that that's what it must use on the inputs and you must directly connect switches and everything, connect a BOB with 24V inputs and than you are just fine.

A_Camera
12-11-2016, 11:03 PM
Don't understand why folks will buy Motion controller for the higher cleaner pulse rates then strangle them by connecting to Cheap BOB with Slow Optos etc.? Nobody prevents you from buying a super expensive BOB and use that if you want to and believe it can do better. The BOB I have can pulse fast enough. Besides, the problem is NOT the optos on the inputs but the optos in the stepper driver. If you have crappy driver you have problems, yes, but the pulsing from the motion controller or the cheap BOB is not the problem, the problem is your driver in that case.

Here is a video I just made. My CNC is using the cheap BOBs and the UCCNC with the UC300ETH in this one.

https://youtu.be/_cJf9ZBYqo8

I have also made a similar test with Mach3 and I can't run Mach3 as fast as I can run UCCNC with otherwise everything being the same. Mach3 can't keep up with the acceleration/deceleration, and that's not the fault of the optos in the BOB but Mach3.

JAZZCNC
12-11-2016, 11:08 PM
connect a BOB with 24V inputs and than you are just fine.

If only it was that easy. Don't know how experienced you are with BOB's/Cnc but let me tell you Bob's are pain in the back side and the biggest cause of troubles on CNC machines. That £5 BOB will cost more like £100 with all the trouble that will come it over time.

If the machine is being used to make money and lets be honest most router type machines even at DIY level are made with the intention of making little money with. Then why anyone would want to take this route is beyond me.!! . . . It's like playing russian roulet with 5 bullets in six gun.!!

A_Camera
12-11-2016, 11:11 PM
Try Specsavers, they are connector boards, DB25 to screw terminals and at least they supply the bloody things and don't just do a half heated job of fitting IDE sockets and leaving you to it....and at what price? Five times the price of UC300ETH with less inputs/outputs? Sure, it is in a fancy box equipped with opto coplers but hey, for that much money... :)

A_Camera
12-11-2016, 11:16 PM
If only it was that easy. Don't know how experienced you are with BOB's/Cnc but let me tell you Bob's are pain in the back side and the biggest cause of troubles on CNC machines. That £5 BOB will cost more like £100 with all the trouble that will come it over time.

If the machine is being used to make money and lets be honest most router type machines even at DIY level are made with the intention of making little money with. Then why anyone would want to take this route is beyond me.!! . . . It's like playing russian roulet with 5 bullets in six gun.!!

I have already made more than enough money with my CNC using the cheap BOB and the UC300USB. Never once I had any issue with that BOB, that's why I bought another. It's the worlds simplest thing, so it beats me what can go wrong with them. I am an electronics engineer and have checked out everything possible, and I don't think they will cause any issues. You make it sound like rocket science. They are just a few opto couplers, buffers and a relay. I may not have a lot of experience in machining but have about 40 years in electronics, so I am really not worried about such simple things.

Of course, if my daily bread was depending on my CNC I would not use the cheap BOBs, but for a hobby they are just right.

John S
12-11-2016, 11:57 PM
...and at what price? Five times the price of UC300ETH with less inputs/outputs? Sure, it is in a fancy box equipped with opto coplers but hey, for that much money... :)

I think we are getting cross connected here. What I mean is why don't UC supply connectors ? Pokeys had exactly the same problem as they use IDE's and people were asking for cable kits and Pokeys asked why ?

Simple reason is anyone working in electronics has all these cables, they buy the ends in by the 100's and cable by the 50M reel but they don't understand that the end user has more chance of having a 100 spare M6 nuts and bolts that he does electronic parts.

End result is they put a cabling kit up and I think it costs 19 Euro, or thereabouts.
A piddling amount for the grief that users had to get it.

Don't get me wrong that I'm knocking the product because I'm not. I'm knocking the presentation knowing they could do so much better with hardly any more work.

At the moment the CNC controller world is wide open. We have many looking to upgrade from Mach3 which has been an awesome piece of software. If it wasn't for Art Fenarty on his own then 1,000's of users would not be into CNC at this point. The baton should have been passed to Mach 4 but Brian dropped it big time as evidenced by some of the long time users like Ger21 and Terry Parker switching camps to other controllers.

We are now split between Bert Eddings, Planet CNC, UCCNC and the stand alone Chinese controllers that are showing up.

Thee is not much to choose between the fisrt three although Bert and Planet do have lathe threading up to a point.
However all of them lack this last works out the box scenerio that will put them in front.

Once one of these three does that they will be the new mach3 as controller of choice as regards easy setting up foe beginners and semi- skilled.

Forget the software and electronic guys, they can get anything working if you throw enough time at it.

Your market is the same market that flooded to Art's door.

JAZZCNC
13-11-2016, 12:05 AM
I may not have a lot of experience in machining but have about 40 years in electronics, so I am really not worried about such simple things.

Well I do and I'm telling you in my expereince they are cause of most troubles on CNC machine.(After broken/lose wires)

It's like the USB argument I've had so many times with people like you.! . . . People who have insisted there's nothing wrong with USB for CNC it works fine, they never have any troubles with it.!! . . . . Total Bollocks. Compared to Ethernet it sucks.
Anyone who works and maintains CNC equipment will tell you it's pain in the arse and can't be trusted not to lockup. Well the Same goes with Cheap Bob's they can't be trusted and will fail or cause issues at some point, often sooner rather than later.

If they are working for you then great but that doesn't change the fact they are potential trouble causers best avoided.

John S
13-11-2016, 12:34 AM
I'll back Jazz on this and throw a bit of history into the ring.

I started off converting standard bench top Mills into CNC and bought what we could get hold of.
At that time Arturo Duncan over at CNC4PC was doing opto isolated cards but when fitted to the drivers of the day, also opto isolated they crawled, big time and we got him to bring a non isolated card out on just the motor outputs so you only had one opto, the one in the drive.

This was called the C11G board, G standing for Gecko. we bought many but they were not reliable and what sealed it was we had to pay about
£16 to £19 in import duty, handling and VAT for each card. Not a problem until cards went back for repair and we got hit for anout £16 - £19 because he was too idle to mark it returned unit - FOC.

We paid for one card 3 times and I kid you not, that was the end of it and we also got Sieg over in China to swap to a Chinese sourced card that in 500 ? unit only ever failed once when a heat sink fell off the 7805 chip and shorted something out.

At the same time looking for something cheaper we tried the System 3 cards from DIYCNC. Even though we had Roy down at our place to show him cards not working correctly we still covered a few thousand miles sorting his problems out at our expense. We even took cards and computers back to his place to show they wouldn't work together.

At this time Sieg got into the turnkey CNC market and we flew to China to do a deal with them. WE built the first KX1 in my workshop and it was sent to China with all the drawings. It did actually get returned at one point which I never expected and it's still up in my hayloft. Very similar to what they turned out in production but for some reason it's opposite handed as regards motors on the X and the cabinet, not that it matters.
We didn't make a KX3, they scaled the KX1 up.

I do know how many have been produced as we do world wide web support on them, correction, world wide except Asia and Russia.
However I can't disclose that figure but it is in the tens of thousands.

It's always the little problems as Jazz says that trip you up, silly things that with a bit of fore sight would not happen.

As well as building machines I also deliver some and train users. Up to a few years ago we also used to attend shows with a KX1 and a KX3 in cabinets so they could run under power cutting steel, always steel at shows.

It's because of probably this unique situation in the UK that I know a lot of what people want and expect from a machine or attendant software.

Jazz is unique in that he works on routers, I work on lathes and mills, believe it or not, totally different animals. A mill can work fine on a USB card as the speeds are very much slower than the kernel speed the computer is able to reach. On a mill or lathe the controller is always waiting for the machine unlike a router which can easily outrun the controller, especially if servo's are used.

I watched the video and frankly I wasn't impressed. You quote 10,000mm /min speed but on a machine such as yours you don't have the room and I'll bet it never gets over 2500mm / min
I'm certain that a standard mill running a standard copy of M3 could do this file the same.
Perhaps UCCNC is capable of more but it will take it to be installed on a larger machine than that. I feel the file doesn't do justice to the software

Ger21
13-11-2016, 12:45 AM
Once one of these three does that they will be the new mach3 as controller of choice as regards easy setting up foe beginners and semi- skilled.

I think that UCCNC has a big advantage here.

1) UCCNC was designed to "feel" very much like Mach3. They both have very similar controls, and the setup is very similar.
While the macro language is different (C#), it's very similar to Mach3. The terminology is very similar, with buttons, LED's, and DRO's.
UCCNC also has an integrated screen designer that's far superior to Mach3's, (Screen4) if you like to customize the interface.

2) Mach3's success had a lot to do with the users, pushing Art to add features and make it better and better.
While Terry and I don't often agree on things, we are both trying to get all of Mach3's capabilities into UCCNC, without any of the bugs. There have been new releases every few weeks, with both new features and minor bug fixes.

I don't have any experience with PlanetCNC, but I've heard that it works well.
I seriously considered Eding CNC, but it just seemed a little too "non standard" for me. Bert seemed to be very helpful and accommodating, though.

On the subject of hardware.
The UC300ETH is really no different than a Smoothstepper, which is hands down the most popular Mach3 motion controller. Both need similar breakout boards, and with the M44 motherboard, some breakout boards designed for the SS can be used with the UC300ETH.
The difference, though, is that I've seen years of poor plugin development from Warp9, while CNC Drive provides fully functional firmware right out of the gate. With bug fixes in days, rather than years.

I forgot, there is a 24V motherboard for the UC300 from Hungary:

https://www.cncpart.hu/uc300-5441

I need to ask some questions about it to CNC Drive.

m_c
13-11-2016, 01:00 AM
Im trying to think of all the equipment on my router that is not opto isolated that i have connected directly to my UC4400ETH. The servos are, as I recall the vfd is, so I believe the only thing that leaves is three sensors and a DAC. And I think I remember reading in the uc400 eth manual that's the inputs can sink a maximum of 20 milliamps? And I was careful to make sure that the power converter for the switches and the DAC all share a common ground with the uc400 eth. My point is, I didn't use a breakout board. The breakout board I used was simply an expansion of the connections on the uc400 eth. I could be wrong, but I don't think that a breakout board is absolutely necessary. At least mine's working fine without it right now.

Your servos and VFDs may have optoisolated inputs, but what happens if the wire shorts out to a high voltage source?

The main reason for optoisolated BOBs, is so that if a fault develops in the wiring resulting in high voltage where it shouldn't be, the opto on the BOB gets fried, and not the controller.

John S
13-11-2016, 01:15 AM
I forgot, there is a 24V motherboard for the UC300 from Hungary:

https://www.cncpart.hu/uc300-5441

I need to ask some questions about it to CNC Drive.

Looks interesting but at £350 for the breakout board plus the UCCNC it's over the cost of the high end Chinese stand alone controllers.

Then you are again involving two companies.

Ger21
13-11-2016, 01:43 AM
Looks interesting but at £350 for the breakout board plus the UCCNC it's over the cost of the high end Chinese stand alone controllers.
Then you are again involving two companies.

It puts you in the price range of the CS Labs stuff.

I don't see the two companies as being an issue. They are just providing a board, so there aren't software issues like you see with Mach3/Mach4, where the motion controller developers have to write their own plugins.
CNC Drive will always develop their own motion controllers and write all of the software/firmware, so you don't have compatibility issues.

Ger21
13-11-2016, 02:43 PM
And multi line encoder threading. <g>

Looking in the manual, it does appear that they support multiline encoder threading.

Encoder PPR: This is a numeric value and defines the pulse per revolution of the incremental
encoder which is used to feedback the spindle position in synchronous thread cutting applications.

They just don't have a lathe screenset yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PVYLCoFoK8

A_Camera
13-11-2016, 03:17 PM
I think we are getting cross connected here. What I mean is why don't UC supply connectors ? Pokeys had exactly the same problem as they use IDE's and people were asking for cable kits and Pokeys asked why ?

CNC Drive provides one connector, it is a cable with IDC26 on one end and DB25 on the other. Additional cables are sold for €3.50 each. They don't sell any screw terminal blocks like these:

...but is that really an issue? I mean, eBay is full of those. CNC Drive don't have any BOBs which they have received some criticism for, but again, eBay is full of them, you can buy any cheap or expensive one or use the one you already have if it is an upgrade from a parallel port driven to USB or Ethernet. So, at least for me, it doesn't really matter that the motion controller is not boxed in a fancy box and that CNC Drive does not have any BOBs or connection kits for sale or included in the product. In fact, I think that it is better NOT to include such trivialities because it gives the user the flexibility others don't provide. I don't want to pay for things I don't need and I think flexible solutions it is a good idea. Never the less, yes, they should have BOB's and connection kits as option, I have no problems with that.

Simple reason is anyone working in electronics has all these cables, they buy the ends in by the 100's and cable by the 50M reel but they don't understand that the end user has more chance of having a 100 spare M6 nuts and bolts that he does electronic parts.

End result is they put a cabling kit up and I think it costs 19 Euro, or thereabouts.
A piddling amount for the grief that users had to get it.

Like I said, I agree that they should have a connection kit in the shop but without losing the possibility and the flexibility of only buying the motion controller without the kit. I would not welcome to be forced to buy that kit, even if it would only cost €19.

Don't get me wrong that I'm knocking the product because I'm not. I'm knocking the presentation knowing they could do so much better with hardly any more work.

It's a company making machines in the weight magnitude of tonnes. The hobby market is fairly new to them, they are making their way up and have very good products. The only reason I bought the UC300ETH is the experience I have with their UC300USB, and the many positive feedbacks I read about their products, the most sold is the UC100, which is very well received and have good reputation. It is a simple and easy plug-and-play product, which the UC300 or the UC400 is not, these are not even boxed, so I guess they assumed that people who buy these products know why and what to do with it. The experience I have with the UC300USB, which I have used for over a year, is very positive, and I believe the UC300ETH experience will be even better. But... it is a new product as far as the Ethernet interface is concerned.

What is definitely better than other companies I have heard about, is their communication and the support they provide. Send a mail and you receive answers worth reading. They listen (maybe some times too much) to their customers and provide help. If someone finds a bug it gets fixed pretty fast, if someone has some special issue they help solving it. That in my opinion is worth more than a well written manual, because regardless how well a manual is written there will always be people who need help. Never the less, there is room for improvements, and hopefully the next product will be even better.

At the moment the CNC controller world is wide open. We have many looking to upgrade from Mach3 which has been an awesome piece of software. If it wasn't for Art Fenarty on his own then 1,000's of users would not be into CNC at this point. The baton should have been passed to Mach 4 but Brian dropped it big time as evidenced by some of the long time users like Ger21 and Terry Parker switching camps to other controllers.

We are now split between Bert Eddings, Planet CNC, UCCNC and the stand alone Chinese controllers that are showing up.

Thee is not much to choose between the fisrt three although Bert and Planet do have lathe threading up to a point.
However all of them lack this last works out the box scenerio that will put them in front.

Forget the software and electronic guys, they can get anything working if you throw enough time at it.

Your market is the same market that flooded to Art's door.

Maybe you are right, I don't know. It is though true that people like me, one of "the software and electronic guys" can make anything working, so yes, a kit and instructions how to connect their product would boost their sales but to be honest, boosting sales is not always a goal, some times "just enough" is better because when you boost too much you may not have time and energy to continue providing the good valuable support to so many. Keeping sales at lower level can actually also mean higher income per invested $$$, as well as higher "reputation value", easier support and better/more functional company organisation. Also, maybe their target group is more like the "software and electronic guys" and the machinists with interests in those areas than the traditional machinists who often start threads with sentences like "Help - I am a total idiot in terms electronics and cabling, currently building a CNC from scratch and nothing works." People like those often build a very nice machine in terms of mechanical design, but can't handle the simplest connections, never mind more complex electrical problems. It's a risky business to try help those people if you run a business and I don't think support can ever be enough for those. So I don't think boosting sales to high volumes is always a good idea. Some times you better let a customer group go somewhere else.

magicniner
13-11-2016, 03:35 PM
Looking in the manual, it does appear that they support multiline encoder threading.

Encoder PPR: This is a numeric value and defines the pulse per revolution of the incremental
encoder which is used to feedback the spindle position in synchronous thread cutting applications.

They just don't have a lathe screenset yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PVYLCoFoK8

Now that looks good, if they sort out the screenset I can see me spending some money with them ;-)

- Nick

Clive S
13-11-2016, 03:58 PM
Now that looks good, And support the relevant Gcode like G76 (linuxcnc) or what ever flavour is used.

A_Camera
13-11-2016, 03:58 PM
Well I do and I'm telling you in my expereince they are cause of most troubles on CNC machine.(After broken/lose wires)

Fine, but still, the thing is that if you want to use a super expensive BOB you can do that with the UC300ETH, nothing prevents you from duing that. The cheap ones I have are good enough for me at the moment, and until I really see problems which I can't fix I'll continue using them.

It's like the USB argument I've had so many times with people like you.! . . . People who have insisted there's nothing wrong with USB for CNC it works fine, they never have any troubles with it.!! . . . . Total Bollocks. Compared to Ethernet it sucks.

I don't think we ever had a fight about USB. Of course Ethernet is better, MUCH better, no question about that. Also, I never made any secret about my USB experience, you can also read about them on my blog, and it has been there since over a year now:

http://adapting-camera.blogspot.se/2015/04/my-cnc-story-part-5.html

http://adapting-camera.blogspot.se/2015/05/my-cnc-story-part-6.html

Both describing problems, the second is a serious warning. Since that second post you can no longer buy that USB motion controller at all, it was simply removed from the market. It was after that I bought the UC300USB, which I was very happy with and which never gave me similar EXTREMELY serious issues. Yes, it lost contact with Mach3 2-3 times, but that's all, and when it happened it just stopped, unlike the other, which literally run away and continued sending pulses to the stepper, there was no stopping it except through power off emergency stop.

I have also made a video a while ago:

https://youtu.be/L3jwsjl_mq8

I don't know if that stop and connection loss was caused by the fact that I was recording the screen and at the same time I also had a backup task running, probably the backup caused it because screen recording I have done many times before, but I have not kept that a secret.

Never the less, USB works if it is a good motion controller, like the ones CNC Drive is making, but "never" is a long time. I can tell you that I have not had any issues with my UC300USB more than 2-3 times, and one of those is the video and NONE were serious problems. Sure, Ethernet is definitely better I will be the last to deny that, but until recently it was pretty expensive to venture into Ethernet motion control, and for an amateur if would have meant a significant cost, so yes, USB is a very good alternative, and if I'd have money issues I'd still be happily using the UC300USB and we would not have this discussion because I KNOW it worked well for me.

Anyone who works and maintains CNC equipment will tell you it's pain in the arse and can't be trusted not to lockup. Well the Same goes with Cheap Bob's they can't be trusted and will fail or cause issues at some point, often sooner rather than later.

If they are working for you then great but that doesn't change the fact they are potential trouble causers best avoided.

Of course, if there is a better alternative why not use that? If I would disagree and would claim USB is as good as Ethernet I would have not bothered buying the UC300ETH at all. I also know the benefits of Ethernet vs. USB, and if the UC300ETH plus the Mach3 plugin was available a year and a half ago I would have definitely NOT bought a USB controller at all because Ethernet is definitely better. But at that time I found no better alternative which I could motivate the costs for.

Also, like I said before, it is different if you need a machine to be running H24 reliably because your daily bread is depending on it, but in my case, and I believe in many others case as well, this is just a hobby, so in that perspective, USB is just fine. Of course, the rules of the game have changed with the arrival of UC400 and UC300ETH, since with those two available there is no reason to buy a USB controller at all, which probably will show up on CNC Drives sales figures also, since I believe that these two Ethernet controllers will seriously knock on the sales of UC100 and UC300USB.

m_c
13-11-2016, 05:07 PM
BOB's and features are always a compromise.
The question came up on the Dynomotion Yahoo Group recently, as Tom was thinking about a more universal kind of BOB, and was wondering what type of features users would like.
Things like Step/Dir outputs to screw terminals, analogue outputs/inputs, voltage of general inputs/outputs. Off course opinions varied.
One thing that surprises me, is that there are not more people using the KFlop+KStep combination. 4 reasonable stepper drivers, 16 12-24V inputs, 2 relay drivers, along with a fully isolated analogue output. I used one for a probing machine, and to me it seems like an almost ideal setup for smaller stepper driven machines. I suspect the problems are you need a small C Program to make use of them (A basic C program is included to get up and running with no alterations), and the fact you have to use above 5V to make use of the inputs.
The combination costs $450, yet people are happy to spend $155-180 on a SS, $300 on G540, and then bodge it all together with questionable wiring or a cnc4pc BOB (Been there had one, biggest heap of CNC related junk I've ever owned!), and finally buy a Mach license.
I can understand hobbyists wanting to keep costs down, but there seems to be plenty who'll spend far more just to go with the flock.

Ger21
13-11-2016, 05:21 PM
One thing that surprises me, is that there are not more people using the KFlop+KStep combination

I can tell you exactly why.

1) The lack of a good, easy to connect breakout board.

2) Having to write C programs.

It's too complex for the average person to use, when there are simpler options that work just as well.

I have a friend that was fed up with Mach3's bugs, which constantly caused ruined parts for him.

He bought a KFlop, but didn't have time to install it.

I had him buy a UC100, which he could switch to by just plugging in the parallel cable, and he started using UCCNC until he had time to switch.
He also bought a second machine for his business, which already had a KFlop installed.

With the updates that UCCNC have made to their software over the last year, he now sees no reason to switch to the KFlop, and will be selling bioth of them and moving the second machine to UCCNC.

A_Camera
13-11-2016, 05:29 PM
I watched the video and frankly I wasn't impressed. You quote 10,000mm /min speed but on a machine such as yours you don't have the room and I'll bet it never gets over 2500mm / min
I'm certain that a standard mill running a standard copy of M3 could do this file the same.
Perhaps UCCNC is capable of more but it will take it to be installed on a larger machine than that. I feel the file doesn't do justice to the software
I didn't post that video to impress you or anyone. Never the less, I don't think there are many DIY machines which run at that speed with only direct stepper motor driven single 1605 ball screws on each axis. Most people when they want speed in this range use belt and gearbox, dual screws, higher pitch, servo drive and so on. I seriously doubt that there are many Chinese moving gantry machines which reach more than half of this speed. Never the less, this is not a pissing contest, so I don't care if you are impressed or not.

As for the maximum REAL speed of my machine, again I think you are wrong, but I still have to measure that using real instruments, which I don't think I will ever do because as I said, it is not a contest and is not my goal to impress anyone.

Anyway, just for the sake of discussion and for answering your claim, UCCNC and Mach3 both display the speeds, in this video at least once, at the 40 second mark (https://youtu.be/_cJf9ZBYqo8?t=38s) you can see it reaches 10,000mm/min. If my calculations are right then with 700mm/s/s acceleration I am up at 10,000mm/min after 19.8mm. Watching that video frame by frame shows 33mm for the Y to move from 170mm down towards Y0 before it reaches 10,000 (you can see it in the FACT message box) and deceleration starts at the Y 19.18 mark, which is almost like my calculation.

Remember that the frame rate of the video is not high enough for accurate measurements, but I am pretty sure it is correct as far as the top speed is indeed reached at some point, probably long before the 33mm travel of Y. Also, the settings used was constant speed, which probably affects the distance needed as well, but never the less, I am sure that I actually reach 10,000mm/min. Also remember that this drawing is only 170mm Y movement, and my table is almost twice that size if I need it to be.

The 2500mm/min is the feed rate for the pen when the pen is down, not the rapids, which is obvious from the video as well.

I am aware that my machine is tiny by your standards but again, it does not matter. It is large enough for me, weights over 80kg and it takes up more than enough space as well. Lastly, it definitely beats most, if not all the kits which can be bought with similar table size, in terms of speed and real accuracy, but regardless, it is NOT a competition against anyone else.

Boyan Silyavski
13-11-2016, 05:29 PM
I believe that almost all board makers are ignorant people that live in their dreams and refuse to make and sell what we really need. I may write it down somewhere or open a new thread for the people to say what is really needed in a board.

How hard could be to design a FPGA chip like most of the new boards use and put that chip on a tiny board . Then make that tiny board fit in the middle of and connect directly to a bigger board which has high speed opto isolation, differential inputs and outputs, 24VDC or 5VDC by our choice. Come on guys, go to Galil web site, download a manual of their boards and see how its done. Swap of cheap resistor block changes board from 5VDC to 24VDC, swap of IC direction, or even better from software changes board active high or low and so on.

What year we live in? i find strange that a new board will not output 4mhz at least signal and still talking about khz. How much more expensive could be for manufacturer, 10$? I am sure its not more than 20-30$ to make a perfect board. Now that we have ARM chips so low priced.

And how hard it's to put that board in some kind of shield box?

I agree with Dean though. in my limited experience problem was either the board or the cables. And the problems that board can give , there is no other part in the machine that can frustrate me as the BOB can

People don't use Dinomotion for the same reason i don't use Linuxcnc with Mesa boards. For that same reason Apple became a big player in the PC game. Its called "ease of use"

m_c
13-11-2016, 05:39 PM
I can tell you exactly why.
1) The lack of a good, easy to connect breakout board.

With a KStep, all you need is a basic 26 pin IDC breakout board. You could say the same about some of the UCNC headers.

2) Having to write C programs.

Only if you want to do something non-standard.
As I said in my post, if all you want to use is the basic features, there is a C file you just need to link to, either via the Mach plugin, or via the KMotionCNC config page. In Mach3, all the inputs/outputs are configured like any other controller. KMotionCNC it depends on what you're wanting to do, but the new screen editor lets you assign inputs/outputs to buttons/leds, along with little C snippets to do what you want.

It's too complex for the average person to use, when there are simpler options that work just as well.

I have a friend that was fed up with Mach3's bugs, which constantly caused ruined parts for him.

He bought a KFlop, but didn't have time to install it.

I had him buy a UC100, which he could switch to by just plugging in the parallel cable, and he started using UCCNC until he had time to switch.
He also bought a second machine for his business, which already had a KFlop installed.

With the updates that UCCNC have made to their software over the last year, he now sees no reason to switch to the KFlop, and will be selling bioth of them and moving the second machine to UCCNC.
I'll agree that the KFlop can be complex, as ultimately it is a pretty high end controller with lots of capability that lots of users will never use, but it's only as complex as you want to make it.
I do find the programming thing a bit of strange argument, considering plenty people doing anything non-standard with Mach and even UCNC, are usually happy enough to learn enough of the required language to write Macros, but mention C, and they break out in a cold sweat!

Ger21
13-11-2016, 05:53 PM
And if you don't want to use the Kstep?

Only if you want to do something non-standard.

Like Homing?

I'll agree that the KFlop can be complex, as ultimately it is a pretty high end controller with lots of capability that lots of users will never use, but it's only as complex as you want to make it.

And my perception is that to do the same things that I can do in Mach3 and UCCNC, that the KFlop is much more complex.

Dynomotion needs to change that perception to get more people to use it.

I've had this discussion with my friend with the 2 KFlops. We both feel that it would be much more popular if it were easier to use.
It's not unlike Mach4. Mach4 is incredibly powerful, and at some point may well be the best software control available. But it's incredibly complex, if you want to do anything "non-standard".

My take is that all of the available software controls are designed for a wide range of application.
For serious users, they all require a fair amount of customization for specific applications. This is where the complexity comes in.

m_c
13-11-2016, 07:31 PM
Ger, I'm not going to disagree with you, but it has proven a point.
Users complain when a controller can't do something how they want it, yet when they're given the option to do it however they want, they complain it's too complex.
Controller designers just can't win.

JAZZCNC
13-11-2016, 07:32 PM
I'll back Jazz on this and throw a bit of history into the ring.

Jazz is unique in that he works on routers, I work on lathes and mills, believe it or not, totally different animals. A mill can work fine on a USB card as the speeds are very much slower than the kernel speed the computer is able to reach. On a mill or lathe the controller is always waiting for the machine unlike a router which can easily outrun the controller, especially if servo's are used.

Thanks John I was hoping you would jump in because know you have had same BOB issues, As do many Cnc Engineers.

You also hit the nail on the Head with routers being different animals. Routers are always pushing the edge on Torque and Pulse rates because of the speeds they work at. In my experience the only way to avoid issues is by building using quality components and with performance to spare so they are running well below there maximum.

Even then It's fine line between working correctly and not. Even with experience this can catch you out as I found today. (by the way this as nothing to do with Bob's or Electrics just high lighting the differences in machines.)

Deliverd machine to Kent few week ago, 500mile round trip for me. On Friday Customer informed me was having issues with loss of position.

This is twin screw machine connected with belts so after talking with customer I suspected we had slipping pulley or some mechaincal issue, which to me is totally unacceptable and very hard to swallow or believe.!

So in the car this morning at 5am on the way to Kent to find issue. Thankfully and to relief of my pride all mechanical was fine and was just case of motors being overtuned. Bummer for me because was long trip just for bit of motor tuning, but still needed to happen for customers happiness and my own piece of mind.

But this highlights that the line between working fine and not on router with steppers is so very close. If this was Mill/lathe then wouldn't have happened (without being ridiculously overtuned which it wasn't) because motors are running no where near there maximum.

A_Camera
13-11-2016, 07:40 PM
The thread been totally hijacked. You people don't get it. It was meant to be information for those who might be interested. That's all. Not about marketing, how to improve, bashing, advertising other products, impressing (or not) anyone, USB vs. ETH, Mach3 vs. UCCNC, threading and so on...

Why don't we start bringing in Windows vs. Linux and when we do that we can also start mentioning Apple products, spindles, aluminium vs. steel design, moving gantry vs. fixed and all that.

Why don't you start your own threads about your design ideas, how incompetent motion control designers are and how much better YOU know what is sellable and what not and how simple it is to make it in 2016?

There is a missing tool among "Thread Tools". I wish there was a "Delete this thread" option. I'd definitely use it if there was one.

m_c
13-11-2016, 07:44 PM
Threads on forums wander off topic all the time.
If you can't handle that, then don't post.

JAZZCNC
13-11-2016, 07:44 PM
Also, maybe their target group is more like the "software and electronic guys" and the machinists with interests in those areas than the traditional machinists who often start threads with sentences like "Help - I am a total idiot in terms electronics and cabling, currently building a CNC from scratch and nothing works."

Don't think so else they'd be offering 24V I/O and other things retro fit engineers want. To me they are very much into DIY users who are not so demanding or with less knowledge.

Eiher way they are doing a good Job IMO. However they are spoiling the soup for Pinch of salt.

JAZZCNC
13-11-2016, 07:56 PM
The thread been totally hijacked. You people don't get it. It was meant to be information for those who might be interested. That's all. Not about marketing, how to improve, bashing, advertising other products, impressing (or not) anyone, USB vs. ETH, Mach3 vs. UCCNC, threading and so on...

Why don't we start bringing in Windows vs. Linux and when we do that we can also start mentioning Apple products, spindles, aluminium vs. steel design, moving gantry vs. fixed and all that.

Why don't you start your own threads about your design ideas, how incompetent motion control designers are and how much better YOU know what is sellable and what not and how simple it is to make it in 2016?

There is a missing tool among "Thread Tools". I wish there was a "Delete this thread" option. I'd definitely use it if there was one.

Guess your aiming this at Me.? If so then Don't really give shit what you think, if don't like it then tuff Shit.!!

People also need to be informed of all aspects of what's involved and other peoples experiences views on a product. Lots of what's been posted is very relavent to others thinking about this product and company. Which if you look you'll see I've only got praise for the Company. I would never comment on performance of product I've not used.
However I will always argue to the last word when Some PRAT insists Cheap BOB's are perfectly fine and won't or don't cause issues just because of there own limited experience in using just one or two boards. This is very relevant to this Post and product which comes with NO Isolation and requires BOB to work safely.

Don't like it then either go away or learn to handle it because I'll always do it.!!

Boyan Silyavski
13-11-2016, 08:20 PM
2 SHORT QUESTIONS:

- the 24vdc hungarian board. Manual in English, price in Euro?, why i don't see ICs on the board but just some connectors?

- which other 24VDC board will serve the purpose? I remember somebody,maybe even in Uk was selling good looking 24vdc breakout board, but can not seem to find it now.

extra question for the knowledgeable :yahoo::

-if not 24VDc, then any good 12VDC Breakout board?

JAZZCNC
13-11-2016, 09:46 PM
2 SHORT QUESTIONS:

- the 24vdc hungarian board. Manual in English, price in Euro?, why i don't see ICs on the board but just some connectors?

- which other 24VDC board will serve the purpose? I remember somebody,maybe even in Uk was selling good looking 24vdc breakout board, but can not seem to find it now.

extra question for the knowledgeable :yahoo::

-if not 24VDc, then any good 12VDC Breakout board?

Now that looks interesting but can't work out the price because when I put 126.999Ft in to currency converter it comes out at £0.35 which I'm sure isn't correct.
I'll send them message and hopefully they will understand english.!

If this works out at sensible money I'll order one and put it thru it's paces and report back.

Ger21
13-11-2016, 10:19 PM
126999.00 = 350

magicniner
13-11-2016, 10:22 PM

Get a grip, get used to it, or get a life, or a sense of humour ;-)

John S
13-11-2016, 10:25 PM
Jazz, no it's the full figure 126999ft which is about £350, I did post earlier which for a breakout board is stupid.

But then another company, in another country, in another language etc,

I feel this thread has been very good just the odd person a bit thin skinned. Basically people have been able to ask question on things the company don't deem worth putting into print.

From my perspecive I wasn't interested after reading the absolute crap manual, I have seen better VFD manuals and everyone knows that have an annual contest to see who can write the most technical and obtuse manual out [ Siemens won it last year hands down because I had to ring Siemens in London and they didn't know, it too 2 days for Germany to find an answer. And the problem ? How do you wire it for 3 wire operation ]

So for now, for me as we all have different agenda's, I find it can thread from the You tube video with the felt tip pen. OK not all the world but it does pull out at the same point every time and tracks OK.
Negative points, no lathe screens and therefore no conversational and no instructions but if it's work in progress it might be worth following.

That could be partly overcome if it can use the Mach3 plug in but then this opens up another can of worms. EVERY Mach3 plug in for threading and this includes K-Flop and CSCMIO has to pause at the end of the thread whilst it hands back to Mach causing a run off groove which is not acceptable for many parts.

Is the plug in for the UC300ETH the same ?

Even if I decided to take a chance and add another paper weight to the shelf it wouldn't do much good as I have no idea how to wire the Channel A+, A-, B+, B- and index pulse up to the 156 available pins and in what combination.

Or even what resolution encoder to buy.

But I say it is worth keeping in mind.

On the video, sorry but nothing you have shown me impresses me. My girlfriend can shop quicker than that.

Look at this very old video of Mach 3 cutting alloy, not running a pen around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifMn6pHXLMM

You need to fast forward to the 12 minute mark or you will fall asleep.

Not saying UCCNC can't do better just you are not showing it.

Neale
13-11-2016, 10:35 PM

Well, I wasn't too impressed when you told me to read the manual, and that I (also, as it happens, an electronic engineer for the last 40 years) was stupid to ask for + and - symbols on the pins on the analogue port. Actually, although I mentioned the analogue port, you referred to the digital pins. I reread the manual. It did not mention that the analogue pins were ground-referenced (seemed reasonable that they could have been isolated as each exists as two pins). However, the problem was that when this part of the manual was copied from the UC300USB manual, the important bits in red text were omitted. You have worked with the USB version so probably didn't notice or need to see that. I'm sure that they will put that right in a future version of the manual to avoid confusing any stupid electronic engineers like me again. Still sounds like a nice bit of kit, just underlines the fact that manuals need proof-reading before issuing. I'm also grateful that you have given some news about this bit of hardware as it's something that I might consider when I do my vertical mill CNC conversion. Once the router is finished...

JAZZCNC
13-11-2016, 11:08 PM
Jazz, no it's the full figure 126999ft which is about £350, I did post earlier which for a breakout board is stupid.

WTF!!! . . . They have been sipping on too much Palinka if they expect to get that for it.! . . . That Kills that then.!

m_c
13-11-2016, 11:57 PM
WTF!!! . . . They have been sipping on too much Palinka if they expect to get that for it.! . . . That Kills that then.!
:nevreness:
That made me laugh. Is there any country's favourite drink you don't know?

Clive S
13-11-2016, 11:59 PM
Look at this very old video of Mach 3 cutting alloy, not running a pen around.John I don't think I gave you permission to give a link to my router:beer:

John S
14-11-2016, 12:04 AM
If that's your video Clive then you and your brother need to loose some weight and stop waffling for 12 minutes :adoration:

JAZZCNC
14-11-2016, 12:28 AM
:nevreness:
That made me laugh. Is there any country's favourite drink you don't know?

My mates Dad is Hungarian and made this drink in his shed. When we were kids we nicked some from shed got pissed as newts.!! . We got leatherd for it but was worth it. :beaten:

Lee Roberts
14-11-2016, 12:32 AM
Ger, I'm not going to disagree with you, but it has proven a point.
Users complain when a controller can't do something how they want it, yet when they're given the option to do it however they want, they complain it's too complex.
Controller designers just can't win.

Reminds me of another scenario where someone said to me "Lee, you can't please all of the people, all of the time", it didn't stop me trying, I'm just that kind of guy...

Camera, you don't get it :), this discussion has been a great one, I personally thank you for bringing the news of the plugin to the community attention, not just because that's what makes a forum great BUT also because you've highlighted a product to me I was other wise ignorant to (Past knowing it existed), so much so that I'm probably going to order one and the software, ask Gerry (Ger21) if you don't believe me!

This discussion has evolved but also remaind on topic, all involved thus far are "interested" otherwise they wouldn't have bothered getting involved. Nothing that has been discussed has detracted from the great news you've delivered.

That option is there but it's only available to those who know what they are doing, it can be found under "Administrative" not thread tools and what a catastrophe that would have been !!!

I'm also grateful that you have given some news about this bit of hardware as it's something that I might consider when I do my vertical mill CNC conversion. Once the router is finished...

Enough said.

AndyGuid
14-11-2016, 01:54 AM
. . . this discussion has been a great one, I personally thank you for bringing the news of the plugin to the community attention, not just because that's what makes a forum great BUT also because you've highlighted a product to me I was otherwise ignorant to . . . This discussion has evolved but also remained on topic . . .
Funnily enough I was just about to post thanks to A_Camera for starting this thread and also the other major contributors, as this discussion has very nicely dovetailed with Boyan's Cheap Offline Controller thread http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10187-DDSCV1-1-3-and-4-axis-offline-motion-controller, as probably the most interesting and informative discussion that I have ever followed on this forum! The major contributors seem extremely knowledgeable and are simply arguing their views depending on their different perspectives and experiences.
Sometimes lipsticks have been drawn in "anger" but that's life!:highly_amused: And it's also funny to us observers.:hysterical:
It's been an absolutely BRILLIANT discussion to follow, many thanks all!!!:applouse:
Btw, I've taken a personal copy of the thread text just in case anyone deletes it!:joker:

JAZZCNC
14-11-2016, 05:18 PM
. Sometimes lipsticks have been drawn in "anger" but that's life!:highly_amused: And it's also funny to us observers.:hysterical:

Andy I keep my Lipstick's honed to sharp point at all times and if required I'll pullout the Hand bag full of lead shot if it helps informs others and if gives them laught along the way better still. .:yahoo:

Now for those interested I sent The makers in Hungary an email and this was the reply.

Hi Dean!

Thank you for your email!
I use google translate :)

UC300ETH is perfect. I am testing yesterday with UCCNC software and 5441 panel.
You are well chosen: 5441 have multipurpose input and output:

input: 54pc's 5-24V
output: 40pc's 5-50V (5pc's separate group with common GND) (up to 100mA continous current/channel)
+1 relay
4 analog input
4 analog output

Power Supply for Board: 5V.

5441 Board, without UC300 core: 330Euro
5441 Board with UC300 core: 423Euro
5441 Board with UC300 core: 448Euro

UK Shipping: 35Euro, 5-6working day.

You can pay with PayPal.

I am waiting your answer!
Thank you!

My reply will be No thanks. However while it's Pricey it is fully featured setup that should be robust and with enough I/O for most machines or retro fits . Also got the Plus that can use UCCNC software which is getting stronger and stronger by the month.

I will be trying one I'm sure but not until the price drops or I can talk them into sending test Sample at reduced rate.

noyloj
09-01-2017, 08:04 PM
This just got posted to the tube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1wqZFhTCVs

Thank f&*£ for that! I just bought it!

noyloj
09-01-2017, 08:08 PM

Hey, relax man! This thread has been super informative to me, I've just bought this motion controller! It's simple enough to scan through the thread and pick out relevant information. Thanks for posting!

noyloj
09-01-2017, 09:12 PM

Well I hope that the kit I bought comes with a motherboard! There is no mention of any additional components needed, as far as I can see, on the CNCdrive website...

IDC26-DSUB25 female ribbon cable assembly L=250mm (to use with the UC300-5LPT) (x1): 3.5 EUR

[BRK0003] HDBB2 breakout board (x1): 50 EUR

UCCNC software + UC300ETH-5LPT ethernet motion controller bundle package (x1): 175 EUR

Total: 228.5 EUR

Hhahaha! You're gonna slay me if I goofed up!

Ger21
09-01-2017, 09:27 PM
The 5LPT is the motherboard, so yes, it should come with one.

noyloj
09-01-2017, 09:43 PM
Thanks Gerry! Phew! I would have been toast man! Hahha!

Bearing in mind that I bought this with their own breakout board (not the cheapest at 50euro) it's really not too bad... comparable to the SS purchase price here in the UK...

I got their BOB because I just don't want any problems with compatibility... I have enough hurdles to consider electronic/electrics wise what with connecting up the drivers/motors correctly without avoidable communication problems.

Clive S
09-01-2017, 10:01 PM
without avoidable communication problems.Of course that may be a problem:joker:

noyloj
09-01-2017, 10:05 PM
of course that may be a problem:joker:

lol!