PDA

View Full Version : Leadshine EM drive tuning/enabling Q

m_c
20-11-2016, 09:55 PM
I'm trying to get one of these drives working on my mill, but as I'm using the original steppers, I need to use the custom tuning option, however I can't get it to work.

I've got the DIP switches set so the tuning software can work, but the drive doesn't appear to be enabling. I've not got the enable circuit wired in yet, as eventually it needs to pass through a few relays, so I've tried changing the Enable High/Low option in the tuning software, but the motor/drive just doesn't seem to enable.
I can still grab the ballscrew and turn it by hand, regardless of how I set things.

Using the Current Loop screen, regardless of the enable option, the actual motor current line never moves from zero.

What am I missing?

I can run a temporary feed to the enable, but I was hoping to avoid that as I need to get this one axis moving, so I can adjust a sensor before I can get the rest of the wiring connected up.

JAZZCNC
20-11-2016, 10:05 PM
Shouldn't need to enable the drive moray nothing special needs to be done. If everything is correct it should enable on power up and lock motors. When working and if not tuned the motors will make an hissing sound.
When using the Current loop thru software or Flicking dipSw #4 the motor will buzz for sec then stop hissing.

I'd be very surprised if you have Dead drive because I've fitted loads of these and AM drives never had faulty one yet so check your wiring.

m_c
20-11-2016, 10:16 PM
That's what I thought, but it's not doing anything.

I doubt there's a problem with the drive. It's more likely I'm missing something obvious.
Power is OK, it's not faulting so there must be a motor connected, although I'm relying on the markings on the original wiring that I've got the correct motor. Even still, I would of thought the Current Loop screen would of shown something.
Only other wires I've got connected are the step/dir wires, but they're not powered up yet, as the line driver board that will drive them hasn't got a power feed yet.

I'll reset the drive and try again in the morning, as I'll need to squeeze behind the machine to listen to the motor.

m_c
22-11-2016, 01:48 AM
So after a reset, a drive power cycle, and checking the settings again, I realised the phase fault detection is not activated as standard. Why you wouldn't enable all the fault detection options as default I'd love to know..

After activating it, the drive went straight into fault. Following a bit probing with the multimeter, and some tugging on wiring, I discovered one of the contact pins for the motor wiring had pushed out the main multiplug on the mill for connecting the control box. It pushed and locked back in, so I'm not sure how it had come out, but I now have movement, and the auto current loop configuration worked.

I'm sure I'll be back with more questions about the anti-resonance tuning, but that can wait until I have all axes working.