PDA

View Full Version : Wiring Huanyang HY02D223B

Stan
01-01-2017, 11:14 PM
Hi, I've recently bought Huanyang HY02D223B and I'm stuck with wiring.
I've read 67 pages manual and could not find single sentence where I should conect L (live ) N ( neutral) and earth.
On manual say it is single phase 230v wired or 3 phase 380v wired.
If my house have 380 V supply I have no problem with wiring.
But my house is single phase 230v.

All I need is someone to tell me where to connect
L as ( live)
N as ( neutral)
Earth.
Many thanks. Stan

cropwell
02-01-2017, 01:07 AM
On page 10 of the manual, the connections R,S,T are for three phase, but you just use any two of them to connect Live and Neutral of single phase. Earth in both cases goes to the E terminal.

Stan
02-01-2017, 10:47 AM
Hi,
Thanks for replying,
yes you are correct what comes to maual and wiring, all is there.
But real life is different.
L goes to R or S or T
Earth goes to E(9)
And N?
I can't connect N to R or S or T
R,S,T is phase not Neutral
It tripped my Fuse straight, I've tried, twice.
Thanks for replying. Stan

Neale
02-01-2017, 10:54 AM
Cropwell is quite right - you connect live to one of the RST terminals and neutral to one of the other two. It doesn't matter which. My HY inverter has been working beautifully for a few years like this, just like many others. If your MCB or RCD is tripping, there must be a fault elsewhere - can you describe a bit more what the inverter is plugged in to?

Clive S
02-01-2017, 11:06 AM
Cropwell is quite right - you connect live to one of the RST terminals and neutral to one of the other two. It doesn't matter which. My HY inverter has been working beautifully for a few years like this, just like many others. If your MCB or RCD is tripping, there must be a fault elsewhere - can you describe a bit more what the inverter is plugged in to?

Neale and Rob of are correct but there has been a post on the forum that some VFDs have a problem with this (and I can't remember) but I think it is something to do with an internal EMC filter that can be disconnected to stop this.

This might have been the post http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/6593-VFD-Tripping-an-RCD?highlight=filter #6

needleworks
02-01-2017, 03:39 PM
Are you connecting to a dedicated MCB ? I know when I first started using (any) inverters in my garage they would "always" trip the main house supply. I got my sparky mate round and he said "yeah, it will always pop the fuse unless you fit a (can't remember what he said) ???? Anyway, he done his thing and fitted a dedicated socket in the garage which I now run all my VFD's from, problem solved. Just to add, if I plug a VFD into any of the other normal sockets, they instantly trip the main supply in the house.

Stan
02-01-2017, 05:57 PM
Hi, thanks to all who replied.
It's all over now.
I've waisted £299.
My VFD is burned out.
Unfortunatelly I wan't so lucky as many of you with my VDF Huanyang.
It's all about wiring.
RST is life only, you can't conect N neutral to it, it will burn as mine.
Thank you all for your support, I appreciate it.

A_Camera
02-01-2017, 06:15 PM
Hi, thanks to all who replied.
It's all over now.
I've waisted £299.
My VFD is burned out.
Unfortunatelly I wan't so lucky as many of you with my VDF Huanyang.
It's all about wiring.
RST is life only, you can't conect N neutral to it, it will burn as mine.
Thank you all for your support, I appreciate it.

You can indeed connect L to R, S or T and N to one of the other two. That would NOT burn up the VFD, that is the normal way of connecting it. But it assumes that you have a VFD which is for Europe, not for the USA. Is that the case? I mean maybe the seller sent you a unit which is for the USA market.

Stan
02-01-2017, 06:29 PM
Hi.
The seller send it the VDF for Europe wiring.
I live in uk, we have 240 volt 50/60 Hz.
Also I've contacted ebay seller, he send me the same youtube wideo as everybody saying here, including you (A_Camera) that I should conect L wire to R and N neutral to any S or T and earth to E.
Which I did, and what has happend, no idea.
All my wiring at home is correct.
I have fuse board, one fuse 32 A type2 M6 is going to my garage, wire is 2,5mm, strong enought . Also on fuse board is 80A RCD.
Maybe the RCD 's is problem?20149

Stan
02-01-2017, 08:09 PM
Hi all.
I've found the problem. I hope.
You all above was wright.
My VFD Huanyang has imput connection -R S T .
That means L goes to R and N to one of those S or T.
The problem I foung is that my RCD is not strong enought tho hold the leakage that VFD make when is powered on.
Now the option is to upgrade my RCD to higher - ( which is very expensive) or disconect it , but only for my VFD.
Any suggestion? What should I do?
Shoul I try to connect it one more time but without the RCD?
Many thx. Stan

Clive S
02-01-2017, 08:14 PM
Stan Have you ever connect the 240V AC to anything other than R,S or T If you are sure that you have wired it correct then ask for a refund.

What were the symptoms when you say it burnt out?

Stan
02-01-2017, 08:21 PM
20151Hi.
I've connected main, 240v R and T and E and UVW cabel, but only cabel, nothing was connected to motor.
Sympthoms of damage was white smoke, strong smell.

A_Camera
02-01-2017, 08:29 PM
It is not normal that it trips the RCD. If it does then something is wrong but at the same time tripping the RCD means the VFD may still be OK and not burned. Maybe it is easily repaired perhaps just a simple short circuit inside. Anyway, demand a refund. It is obvious that something is wrong.

Edit: just saw your last post. White smoke, bad smell means it is definitely burned. Demand a refund but expect long discussion with the seller, he will blame you. Don't waste time, time is to the advantage of the seller only.

Stan
02-01-2017, 08:32 PM
Hi.
Yes, refund is the best option.
I'm going to contact ebayer. Wish me luck :)
Thanks all.

Stan
03-01-2017, 02:56 PM
Hi all.
Just updating about my Huanyang.
eBay sellers refusing refund/ exchange
Here's what happened.
Wired L to R and N to T and earth to E(9)
Tripping RCD, twice, checked connection, have read manual, contacted eBay seller about wiring (he send me video) and scheme.
I've checked wires, wiring, exchange few messages here
Tried again and it burned.
Thanks all for support.
Buying cheap/ buying twice. ( I learned)

Clive S
03-01-2017, 03:56 PM
Stan sorry to hear about the seller refusing but I think you will have to contact eBay.

These VFD's are very well known on this forum I bet 90% have them and are happy me included so it is very unusual for one to be faulty (but it does happen).

If like you say you connected it correctly and it tripped then it was faulty.

A_Camera
03-01-2017, 04:46 PM
I agree. You have to go through eBay, not just sending a message to the seller. The seller will react differently after you have raised a claim via eBay. Don't waste your time, just click on that claim button. You will get a response from eBay and every communication is logged after that. It takes a few weeks but you have a better chance.

JAZZCNC
03-01-2017, 08:01 PM
UVW cabel, but only cabel, nothing was connected to motor.
Sympthoms of damage was white smoke, strong smell.

Where the ends separated.? If not This may have caused the 3 phase wire to short.

I've fitted more than 100 of these and only had about 3 faulty on first fit and only 2 or 3 actually fail in use within the warranty period.

If your sure you didn't cock up then It's unacceptable and Ebay will act if you contact them but don't go showing them those Pics. It wasn't wise thing to do stripping the VFD and breaking the warrenty seal.
However in all my dealings (lots) with the Chinese they never ask for damaged or faulty goods to be returned but keep stum don't tell you stripped it.

onap
21-03-2017, 05:49 PM
Hi all.
Just updating about my Huanyang.
eBay sellers refusing refund/ exchange
Here's what happened.
Wired L to R and N to T and earth to E(9)
Tripping RCD, twice, checked connection, have read manual, contacted eBay seller about wiring (he send me video) and scheme.
I've checked wires, wiring, exchange few messages here
Tried again and it burned.
Thanks all for support.
Buying cheap/ buying twice. ( I learned)

Hello All,

I've got exactly the same problem today with the same inverter.
Connected 220V (single phase) to R and T.
Powering up (like describe in the seller's mail and in the video)and..... a good smoke machine :disturbed:

I sent a ebay message to seller and am waiting for its reply and hope a exchange.

How did your story finish?

Onap

Stan
21-03-2017, 10:21 PM
Hello All,

I've got exactly the same problem today with the same inverter.
Connected 220V (single phase) to R and T.
Powering up (like describe in the seller's mail and in the video)and..... a good smoke machine :disturbed:

I sent a ebay message to seller and am waiting for its reply and hope a exchange.

How did your story finish?

Onap

Hi Onap.
I had same problem as you, and I ended up with new Huanyang.
They was refusing to replace, but I've kept sending him email after email. Nothing helped.
So I contacted ebay, they helped me out and he sent me replacement for free.
\leftarrow

Stan
21-03-2017, 10:26 PM
Hi Onap.
If the Ebay seller does not replying, and you have tried couple of times, you have to go to " Resolution centre " and " open new case " against the seller and that should help.

onap
25-03-2017, 07:25 AM
Hi,

Sorry for may later answer.

I sent an e-mail to the seller and he will send me a new inverter.
Yesterday I sent back the defect one to Germany.

Wait and see

onap