PDA

View Full Version : Misumy linear rails

Boyan Silyavski
03-01-2017, 04:32 AM
Hi,

A quick check. Are the Misumi on level with Hiwin and similar? Anyone tried them?

I am looking to buy some 12 size for 3d printer so checking if i could avoid the hassle with ordering Hiwin from China. Seems on 12 size price is almost same with no notable savings, hence the question

Any other 12 size source that come to mind? I have seen the chinese ones at Robodigg but i remember my bad experience with 20 size test bearing block a year ago. Could things have changed? I see now ebay 302126767975 even have a blackened rails. Claiming hardened bearing steel.

Desertboy
07-05-2017, 02:40 PM
Hi,

A quick check. Are the Misumi on level with Hiwin and similar? Anyone tried them?

I am looking to buy some 12 size for 3d printer so checking if i could avoid the hassle with ordering Hiwin from China. Seems on 12 size price is almost same with no notable savings, hence the question

Any other 12 size source that come to mind? I have seen the chinese ones at Robodigg but i remember my bad experience with 20 size test bearing block a year ago. Could things have changed? I see now ebay 302126767975 even have a blackened rails. Claiming hardened bearing steel.

You could have had a bad one, happens even with the best of the best but I'll be interested to see how you get on I want to order 2* 3m lengths of rail and 2* 1.8m so am very interested in cheaper alternatives.

Boyan Silyavski
07-05-2017, 05:26 PM
I have bought the Hiwin for the 3D printers and man, i am very happy. I have seen more Chinese supported rails but none were good. It seems from reviews that i watched about the Robotdigg, that maybe they are not so bad. Why not buy one and check?

But my advice is to buy all from BST automation, because its not only what you save on price. Its also how well are packed, which company imports them and so is for the ball screws. Fred has cheap rails also. But i beleive that the rais are the most critical part of a CNC. All else could be crap and the CNC more or less made to work, but if rails are crap...Its a nightmare, i have been there...

Not that i am saying that al else should be crap :-)

Greeny
08-05-2017, 09:13 PM
I have some Misumi SXR 28 blocks & 20mm rail.
I can't give a practical opinion as i haven't used them yet, but they appear to be very high quality.
The blocks run very smoothly with no discernable play.

Desertboy
09-05-2017, 11:09 AM
I need 2* 3m lengths and 2* 1.8m lengths for my next project I do like the look of these and they do seem a good bit cheaper than hiwin on alixpress although of course with alixpress it's always a bit of a gamble.

They do look the business though, I wonder at the size I'm going how big I should get the rails?

I bought a set of these for my first cnc machine and I already know they're too small (15mm) but they will have to do for now
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/122433675354?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Insanely cheap though and seem good quality certainly for the price, they came from Germany as well so delivery time was only 3 days, no import tax and was packaged very well.

As for packaging I've not had any problems with ballscrews and linear slides from China but I'm probably lucky I make a point of using the same supplier as I know they package everything well and send it fedex which I've never had issues with.

Boyan Silyavski
11-05-2017, 03:46 PM
I bought a set of these for my first cnc machine and I already know they're too small (15mm) but they will have to do for now
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/122433675354?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Insanely cheap though and seem good quality certainly for the price, they came from Germany as well so delivery time was only 3 days, no import tax and was packaged very well.

Wow, that guy is like a catalog for all the weird machines that could be bought from China