PDA

View Full Version : Mach3 Setting up home and limit switches

CrazeUK
02-02-2017, 08:22 AM
Hey Guys.
So i decided i couldnt sleep, so spent the night trying to sort out the home and limit switches.

If i understood this right:
THere will be 4 Separate inputs to the driver board.
1. X Home (Currently not connected / Off in mach 3)
2. Y Home (Currently not connected / Off in mach 3)
3. Z Home (Currently not connected / Off in mach 3)
4. X, Y, Z in series, with an emergency Stop added in series later. All set to CLosed, until tripped. (Connected / Pin 15 mach 3 - Tested with multimeter to open circuit.)

I have found that Mach3 emerngency stops every few seconds when i have Active Set to low for pin 15.

Also in the Port 1 Pin Status lights i have the following:

When i push one of the limit switches, The marked one lights up (i presume this is telling me the pins dropped).

Any help?

Thanks

CrazeUK
03-02-2017, 05:00 AM
Just an update,

I have now set the home switches up in Mach 3.
They seem to work fine. - Quite impressed with my self lol

I do however have a problem, the Limit switches keep triggering an emergency stop.
I have set the State ti both low and high and tried it.

Could it be faulty switches?

Neale
03-02-2017, 07:49 AM
What type of limit switches are you using? How have you connected them, and what BOB are you using? Need a bit more info before we all start guessing!

CrazeUK
03-02-2017, 01:18 PM
What type of limit switches are you using? How have you connected them, and what BOB are you using? Need a bit more info before we all start guessing!
Hey. Thanks for your response.

The current ones set up are micro switches most are the 2cm ones.. I presume because of the size of the machine it doesn't require much more.

I am tempted to replace all of them with new ones.

All (including home and limit) are set up as always closed.

I am pretty sure the wiring for the limit ones (in series) is all checked through and is in series (was a bit messy when I got it) I've have tested it with a multimeter, and the resistance drops to infinity when I hit one.

The board is a CNC4X45A. Like the one attached:
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170203/089d606d42cf81ef4754ba3f70eb659e.jpg

I fiddled around with the pin numbers, the home switches are 10-12. The eStop is 15.
All are set to Low active.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk