PDA

View Full Version : Cambam toolpath problem

ladybreaker
08-02-2017, 08:37 PM
Hello there,
I'm a newby on this cnc and camcad but i will get to it with a bit of perceverance and the help of this forum.
Please see attached screenshots
The object is in red and in blue is the toolpath, the intriging thing are the 2 arcs cercled in red that the toolpath shows that the cutting tool went inside the object.
Is this something grong in my setting, if you note that these are the only 2 inside arcs all the others arcs are ok !!

Doddy
08-02-2017, 10:39 PM
I've had similar when I've failed to convert a perimeter into a single polyline. I'd check CamBam - if the design is multiple polylines then look to merge them (I'm on my mac atm, can't check...) either in cambam or your cad package.

njhussey
09-02-2017, 01:13 PM
I got fed up with having to convert everything into polylines for CamBam, I now use Estlcam which you don't have to do this for so for what I mostly do (RC Plane parts) Estlcam is so much quicker. Still have CamBam which I use every now and again.

needleworks
09-02-2017, 10:53 PM
Can you upload the .dxf file ? did you select all the polylines > edit > join ? 9 times out of 10 that`s whats wrong when I get that error.

geoff
10-02-2017, 06:30 PM
hi just started using cambam
you need to select all lines on your profile then (control j )keys to get a continuous tool path

Hope this helps Geoff
ps iam no expert old school be programing by hand