PDA

View Full Version : Can ER 11 collets fit in or be adapted to a Boch colt router ?

tonygagey
10-02-2017, 05:17 PM
So I am sick of wasting material through using 6mm router bits, but currently can not afford to upgrade to a spindle motor, so my question is, can I use an ER 11 collet and nut or not? sorry if you find that question annoying or "stupid", but I don't know, and am loath to waste money finding out. All constructive answers welcome, trolls and the like, Nah they won't care anyway.

njhussey
10-02-2017, 06:08 PM
Why don't you use a smaller cutter with a 6mm shaft? You can get 4mm on 6mm shaft, I'm sure if you shop around you could get smaller. What you cutting, how thick etc....

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

magicniner
10-02-2017, 06:56 PM
If you know someone with a lathe you could get them to make you a batch of adapter sleeves, I use sleeves for sizes of endmill that don't fit in my Rotozip collets, just locktite the bits in.

A_Camera
10-02-2017, 07:17 PM
I am using down to 2mm end mills with 6mm shaft. No need to use end mills which have the same shaft diameter as the cutter. In fact, it is better if the shaft is thicker since it makes the tool more rigid.

magicniner
11-02-2017, 03:43 PM
I am using down to 2mm end mills with 6mm shaft. No need to use end mills which have the same shaft diameter as the cutter. In fact, it is better if the shaft is thicker since it makes the tool more rigid.

I use a lot of 6mm shank HSS that's considered "Disposable" in industry, small Carbide tends to be cheapest on a variety of shank sizes.