PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: New member self introduction - CNC Router builder?..

jono5axe
13-02-2017, 08:20 AM
Hello hello. Nice to meet you......

This looks like a great CNC forum / resource, and I am looking forward to reading all the treads that I can, getting to know about some new people, and looking at all your CNC router builds, which is where my interest lies.

I work in composites manufacturing and I am just starting on the process of building my first router which will be used for pattern and mould making, and also for post-finishing of composite parts (trimming, drilling etc). So, it is all ahead of me.....

Monirh
28-02-2017, 05:01 PM
Nice to meet you too.

Clive S
28-02-2017, 05:30 PM
Hello hello. Nice to meet you......

This looks like a great CNC forum / resource, and I am looking forward to reading all the treads that I can, getting to know about some new people, and looking at all your CNC router builds, which is where my interest lies.

I work in composites manufacturing and I am just starting on the process of building my first router which will be used for pattern and mould making, and also for post-finishing of composite parts (trimming, drilling etc). So, it is all ahead of me.....

Welcome to the forum jono. Have a read through the build logs, things you need to think about are what size material do you want to cut and what type. Do you have a budget in mind? If you decide to build one start off a build log to keep all the questions in one place as that makes it easier for people to follow and make suggestions.

Don't worry about any ribbing it is all done in fun. Good luck with the build.