PDA

View Full Version : Have your say about this chinese cnc milling machine

masinecc
19-02-2017, 09:07 PM
Hello, i am seriously interested in buying this chinese milling machine
https://wholesaler.alibaba.com/product-detail/Factory-direct-sale-cheap-price-CNC_60155708580.html

Pls have a look at it and share you opinions. Is it worth the money?
Does anybody already have this machine , and what are your thoughts on the machine?

Boyan Silyavski
20-02-2017, 12:43 AM
Cousin,
this will come at 12000 here in Europe. for that money you could buy very good shape used Top brand machine. With ATC. Make sure thats the real manufacturer, for the support you will receive if you need sth. I have an agent in China that can arrange things, check and ship all so you sleep without worry.

fifa
20-02-2017, 12:59 AM
6000 rpm, 2,2kW, = 3.5Nm, too small

I am struggling why position accuracy is so low.

Boyan Silyavski
20-02-2017, 01:49 AM
6000 rpm, 2,2kW, = 3.5Nm, too small

I am struggling why position accuracy is so low.

I believe this is servo driven spindle, not direct drive but belt and there must be gear ratio also. So 2kw servo is not 3Nm. I remember somebody was looking at building a mill and had more info about the servomotors that go with it. I think it also could be ordered 10k RPM

PS. Ok, i see VFD in the enclosure and 4 servo drives. So probably this is a cheaper version with direct HF spindle

masinecc
20-02-2017, 12:33 PM
Hi Cousin, thanks for you reply. I contacted a guy in Croatia who has already the same machine from same manufacturer and he is satisfied with the performance and he say that is working with 0.01 accuracy.
Do you thing this mill is better deal http://polymeta.bg/?page=newmach&cat=46&pid=185
Price is almost same, but i noticed that this is 800kg and the chinese one is 1300 which make me thing the chinese one is stiffer. You wanna say that if i decide to buy the chinese one to contact your agent about the transport?

Boyan Silyavski
20-02-2017, 12:47 PM
Hi Cousin, thanks for you reply. I contacted a guy in Croatia who has already the same machine from same manufacturer and he is satisfied with the performance and he say that is working with 0.01 accuracy.
Do you thing this mill is better deal http://polymeta.bg/?page=newmach&cat=46&pid=185
Price is almost same, but i noticed that this is 800kg and the chinese one is 1300 which make me thing the chinese one is stiffer. You wanna say that if i decide to buy the chinese one to contact your agent about the transport?

This one has slower spindle speed. Maybe have to speak with them about that. In reality you could add with a bracket Watercooled 3kw spindle / 500 euro with VFD/ or smaller and cover it all. Ene 0.8kw will be ideal. High speeds you will need for the small bits. Many people do that, as its the cheapest solution. No toolchanger in this scenario. Price is without VAT, note that.

The agent could find who makes that really, may be find it near her,etc. It really makes a difference when contacting Chinese if an agent there does that.. And you dont have a wait a week when you need to know sth. You pay her a fee but you are sure that the people you buy are real and that you buy at good price. I can put you into a contact with her.

masinecc
20-02-2017, 01:01 PM
Its ok, let me have her contact.

Boyan Silyavski
20-02-2017, 01:19 PM
Its ok, let me have her contact.

Once you decide 100% on the Chinese machine, and have the money and are ready to buy, i will contact her then. She is busy woman as she is an agent also for big factory In China and here Spain, where my wife works and she knows her personally from work and from China.

the_wildgoose
18-05-2017, 06:27 PM
Hello, i am seriously interested in buying this chinese milling machine
https://wholesaler.alibaba.com/product-detail/Factory-direct-sale-cheap-price-CNC_60155708580.html

Pls have a look at it and share you opinions. Is it worth the money?
Does anybody already have this machine , and what are your thoughts on the machine?

What happened? Did you buy it? How did it perform??

I guess you had read this thread?
http://www.cnczone.com/forums/uncategorised-metalworking-machines/309614-cnc-tormach-posts.html

Clive S
18-05-2017, 07:21 PM
What happened? Did you buy it? How did it perform??

I guess you had read this thread?
http://www.cnczone.com/forums/uncategorised-metalworking-machines/309614-cnc-tormach-posts.html

That's spooky I have read this thread 4 or 5 times and also contacted the company Fred Lee

Desertboy
19-05-2017, 05:39 PM
Just read that thread on cnczone my friend is after a VMC and it really makes you think about importing a new one vs a 2nd hand one they do seem very good value for the price.

Sad the guy who ran the thread hasn't got it working yet

the_wildgoose
23-05-2017, 05:57 PM
OK, so I'm going to hijack this thread now...

So I had been eyeing up the same chinese mill, and not withstanding that "it ain't been seen running" (which I think is a fixable problem), it does seem like a lot of iron for the price. So my question is:
- There are a couple of Hurco VSX24 machines on auction sites at the moment (2001 era machines), for similar money
- I am a complete novice in this area
- What hidden costs/benefits are there from buying classical big name CNC machine?
- When it goes wrong, what kind of costs am I going to have on these old machines (assume I don't have another one to make parts for the first one...)
- Use is hobby/light-production (I can outsource my parts if I needed to, eg it broke, but nice to be able to do them in-house).
- Are these old machines going to be useable from day 1 or will I be hunting down manuals and learning to use the interface (only experience up to now is Mach3)

The main "vs" would be buying one of these nice looking chinese mills with a view to getting them working with LinuxCNC

Thanks for your thoughts/wake-up calls...

Boyan Silyavski
23-05-2017, 11:48 PM
There was a guy in some forum / may be Practical machinist/ that explained very well when deciding on a machine and its price.

Simply said you should really need it. Then a good machine will have 10 years x 24h non stop life. So even if not the case here, price has to be divided on 520 weeks so you see what it will cost you per week to own it/ or day or month, etc../ Then Calculate how much will cost you any downtime, missed job, etc. Then see whats the week cost of ownership of a crappy machine and a good machine and how down time goes into that calculation...

So that said, the Chinese machines for me always would be an unknown with a potential of a disaster. Remember the " large router thread" i started where it turned that the large Chinese routers have a crap bed?

Old brand machines if in not working state should be very cheap, or if in working, that state must be demonstrated. or you will find how much a brand company charges for a mother board, computer or similar. But mechanically my bet will be on a brand machine. Later in worse case scenario retrofit with Chinese offline controller 600-1500 euro.

Schematicsman
18-10-2017, 08:13 AM
Hi there Boyan how are you?
I have a Chinese 3 axis cnc6040z with the black box I bought a while ago,I have removed the motion controller drive board that came with the machine it has no proper documentation it is in Chinese and it is crap, comes with USB CNC software v2.10 with activation key on cd including driver file.I would like to run Mach3 or 4 and would like to know if the NX-USB 4 axis USB motion card is a full plug and play type no extra cards needed and also on the mach3 plugin site they have a plugin driver,would this plugin be good for my cnc6040 machine or do i need to do other things?? sorry for all the questions, Im a newbie and need information ? Thank you

!sorry if it is posted in the wrong place

Boyan Silyavski
18-10-2017, 08:23 AM
Hi there Boyan how are you?
I have a Chinese 3 axis cnc6040z with the black box I bought a while ago,I have removed the motion controller drive board that came with the machine it has no proper documentation it is in Chinese and it is crap, comes with USB CNC software v2.10 with activation key on cd including driver file.I would like to run Mach3 or 4 and would like to know if the NX-USB 4 axis USB motion card is a full plug and play type no extra cards needed and also on the mach3 plugin site they have a plugin driver,would this plugin be good for my cnc6040 machine or do i need to do other things?? sorry for all the questions, Im a newbie and need information ? Thank you

!sorry if it is posted in the wrong place

My advice is DDCSV1 offline controller for your machine. No MAch3 and stuff.No stupid USB connection. No computers. Solid working as a rock.

Or go the UCCNC way, board and software, which i have not tried but others say is good and better than Mach3

If you insist on MACH3/4 buy a reputable board from a reputable seller with a well tested plugin that works well. PMDX and similar. I will not buy a chinese board with a chinese plugin that 100% is not working properly or has a flaw.

There is also the original USB CNC from Germany, that all Chinese copied. It also is a good option for your machine.

In that order.

It would not hurt to see what are your motor drives, if they are not integrated in your original board so now you need some cheap new drives too when changing to a new board. And a PSU upgrade may be? Not sure, check that. Maybe make a thread about that?

Schematicsman
18-10-2017, 12:58 PM
Hi there thanks Boyan, I think I will go with pmdx-422 board and Mach4
But would like to ask is that the only board I need
To run 4 axis on my 6040 or do I need to get extra boards
Because I would like for simplicity one board does all??
Please help

fifa
18-10-2017, 08:36 PM
It has no sense to use 6040 with expensive controllers.

LINUX CNC runs RT , it is much more reliable than any USB solution...

Professional solution for ca 250 EUR:
Galil
MYRIO - student (national instrument)

I am proposing to use MYRIO, + Labview (5 axis driver is open free...)

Depends on your goal:
- do you wish to start machining or
- do you wish to learn how to do CNC

regards

Schematicsman
19-10-2017, 01:50 AM
ok thank you for the reply ,I dont want to spend a fortune on this machine just want to get it moving with mach 4 and start milling Aluminium and pcb blanks and plastics ect, the motors that come with the machine are 57HD5401-14S 1.8 deg 3.0A N1605 : I just want to know if the PMDX controller i mentioned is good for this machine with standard motors and or the Nema 23 Bipolar (Holding Torque 3Nm) (425oz.in) 4.2A 57x57x114mm 4 Wires better for cnc6040 with the PMDX to move fast and do I need a switching psu of 36v~40vdc for the Nema 23 or can I use the same 24v dc that is in the blackbox already?

Schematicsman
20-10-2017, 08:05 AM
Hi there Boyan.
I just want to know if the PMDX controller is good for mycnc6040 with standard motors and or the Nema 23 Bipolar (Holding Torque 3Nm) (425oz.in) 4.2A 57x57x114mm 4 Wires better for it with the PMDX to move fast and do I need a switching psu of 36v~40vdc for the Nema 23 or can I use the same 24v dc that is in the blackbox already?

masinecc
26-10-2017, 05:06 PM
No, i havent buy it.

Schematicsman
07-11-2017, 08:08 AM
Hi,there Boyan i would like to know if this AKZ250 Mach3 USB Motion Card can be connected with the Nowforever VFD 400HZ i have and drive the 3x (57HD5401-14S) stepper motors that came with machine or do I need 3 similar to these DM542A stepping stepper motor drivers per motor and if I can go with this setup what stepper motor drivers would be best for running the 3A ones I have? thank you

***[The Stepper Motor Info is:
Model: 57HD5401-14S
1.8 deg 6.6v 3.0A N1605
17kg/cm=1.6671305 Nm]

Boyan Silyavski
07-11-2017, 10:56 AM
You need separate drives for the motor. About the card, maybe read the manual: http://cncmanual.com/mach3-usb-motion-card-akz250-installation-manual/

I am not very excited from Chinese motion control and mach3 combo

Why not go the EU way and http://cncdrive.com/UCCNC.html ? Good board and software, support, etc. Combine it with cheap drives and voilaa

Schematicsman
08-11-2017, 08:16 AM
Hi,thanks for the reply back, greatly Appreciated:

I was watching this you tube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kRBPg2Coh0 and the guy is showing that this AKZ250 Mach3 USB Motion Card works with Mach3 and has cheap drives attached for the stepper motors and thats what i was planning on buying and using, but if I buy the UC300ETH-5LPT Ethernet motion controller and UCCNC software from the site you linked, I would need Ethernet connection or wireless will do and will that cause any problems with Mach3 or Mach 4 timing and is that all I need plus the 4 stepper drives to get my machine going fast and smooth or do I need anything else also will these Stepper Motors I have stated below
Model: 57HD5401-14S //1.8 deg 6.6v 3.0A N1605//17kg/cm=1.6671305 Nm] ?
be fine with the Ethernet Board? Sorry for all the questions but since I bought my Machine I cant get to use it because of the chinease motion board and shit software with half English and Chinese language PDF

EddyCurrent
13-11-2017, 03:02 AM
Schematicsman, I'm impressed at how you had the courage, confidence and competence to strip out all the crap from your machine.
I'm thinking though that maybe your questions might be too 'hard' for forum members to answer, they certainly are for me and there's a limit
to how much members can know about various systems.
You wouldn't want anyone just guessing or making a stab in the dark at an answer that might cause you grief or money wasted later on.
So with that in mind, perhaps the only people who can answer your questions are the manufacturers or suppliers of the equipment.
Can I therefore suggest an idea where your experience could benefit others just starting out ?

Why not start a new thread where you describe how you took your machine from "shyty to mighty"
Following a brief search of the internet you could compile a list of different hardware / software options, some have already been suggested in this thread.
Then, using the manufacturer supplied information, describe the merits and pitfalls of each system and finish with a conclusion of the best performance for price option.
As you say it needs to be cheap otherwise you might as well have sold the machine on ebay and bought something that works right out of the box, but
where's the fun in that ?

Hope that helps.

EddyCurrent
20-11-2017, 11:13 PM
Too hard ? I thought it might be.

rudolfio
06-06-2022, 10:18 PM
Hello.
I'm buying CNCmill from china, but I'm sceptic about, quality, services,. installation of machine and production launch ..etc. Can you please give me contact from Croatian guy, who already have mill machine from china? I’m from Slovenia, so it’s almost my neighbour :)
Thanx,
Regards, Rudi