PDA

View Full Version : Boxford Router and A3HSR Fusion 360 gmm file

bob
15-03-2017, 10:04 PM
hi guys I'm a DT teacher who is working on integrating the Oxford mill with Fusion 360, i have successfully integrated our ultimate 2 3d printer so that straight forward. I now am producing a gmm file within the CAM setup and need to complete the post process. This is where i am struggling

I have watched some great youtube clips on setting up the post process, and using face and contours etc to mill it properly. I'm struggling with stock depths and flute lengths , and I'm just using a tool that i could find that was the same shape and size of 6.35mm etc but will try and crack this tomorrow hopefully. My issue is now when i save out the file it opens up a program called brackets on my mac, what am i supposed to do with this, do i need to do anything to this code? Also after i have transferred this to the Boxford software on a pen drive its saying issues with GM Header not being recognised and G94 error, and it won't work ( shock Horror) can you please shed any light on this. I have taken it back to a very simple part out of MDF with a stock of 800mm X axis 300mm y axis and 12mm Z axis.

I have been chatting to a guy called seth who has coached me this far but said i now need to speak with someone who is an expert on the router and its settings. link to original autodesk forum post (https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/computer-aided-machining-cam/exporting-dxf-from-fusion-into-2d-design-has-gone-wrong/td-p/6934621)

Neale
15-03-2017, 11:35 PM
Don't know anything about that router, but you don't need to worry about the "brackets" thing. It does that on a PC as well - it's a text editor that allows you to look at the gcode file after it's been produced, and maybe tweak it, I suppose. However, just shut the editor and the file should be fine. I seem to remember that there is a setting somewhere in F360 (maybe on the post-process page?) that says whether or not you want Brackets to run automatically.

bob
16-03-2017, 10:53 AM
2111521116Dear Neale
thanks for that I'm struggling with the settings needed in the post process phase, the error codes I'm getting are not making any sense when i import them into the boxford, it was just to know who to chat with in order to stop them happening.

Bob

Don't know anything about that router, but you don't need to worry about the "brackets" thing. It does that on a PC as well - it's a text editor that allows you to look at the gcode file after it's been produced, and maybe tweak it, I suppose. However, just shut the editor and the file should be fine. I seem to remember that there is a setting somewhere in F360 (maybe on the post-process page?) that says whether or not you want Brackets to run automatically.