PDA

View Full Version : First time buying CNC. Advise needed!

carol
23-03-2017, 07:18 PM
Hi all,

I am in need of some help.
I am looking to buy CNC machine.

I am doing small crafts. Currently using laser engraver. Engraving small wood pieces of about 5cm on 5 cm maximum.

Currently looking to make engravements on metal wrist watches. Was looking at laser engravers, but they look costly currently.
So I am in need to engrave some texts or simple logos on the back of metal wristwatch. My budget is about £1200.

What would be the best solution?

Many thanks

carol
24-03-2017, 06:14 PM
Just to add, any other solution which sorts out my needs is suitable. I have recommended fibre laser, however at this moment of time it is a bit too costly and does not fit into my budget

Hi all,

I am in need of some help.
I am looking to buy CNC machine.

I am doing small crafts. Currently using laser engraver. Engraving small wood pieces of about 5cm on 5 cm maximum.

Currently looking to make engravements on metal wrist watches. Was looking at laser engravers, but they look costly currently.
So I am in need to engrave some texts or simple logos on the back of metal wristwatch. My budget is about £1200.

What would be the best solution?

Many thanks

Greeny
25-03-2017, 01:40 PM
I think you are going to find it hard to source a suitable machine for that budget.
To do such fine work with a router & engraving bit requires precision beyond machines in that budget.
(Unless you are prepared to make your own machine, even then you will struggle)

Perhaps you could look for a second hand one of these?
http://hpclaser.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=11&products_id=123

Cheers