PDA

View Full Version : Replacement cables

Paul B
23-04-2017, 08:37 PM
Does anyone know where I could get a set of new cables made up for a Chinese CNC Machine? I'm hoping to find somewhere that will make the cables up for me as I am no good at soldering!

Lee Roberts
23-04-2017, 10:07 PM
Hi Paul,

Welcome to the forum, inbox (PM) me with what you need as I may be able to help.

Lee

Paul B
23-04-2017, 10:45 PM
Thanks Lee, I'll have to remove the old cables tomorrow so that I can measure the length of them, what sort of cable would you use? I've read that shielded seems to be the best option? (Not that I know what that means) The existing cable says 4x0.5mm, I don't know much about connections either would photos of them be enough?

Paul B
23-04-2017, 11:05 PM
Thanks Lee, I'll have to remove the old cables tomorrow so that I can measure the length of them, what sort of cable would you use? I've read that shielded seems to be the best option? (Not that I know what that means) The existing cable says 4x0.5mm, I don't know much about connections either would photos of them be enough?

Paul B
24-04-2017, 05:01 PM
I've realised that once the connectors are soldered on the end of the cables, I won't be able to thread the cables into the cable chains :-(
so it looks like I'm going to have to end up practising my soldering & do it myself :-(

Paul B
24-04-2017, 07:47 PM
I've realised that once the connectors are soldered on the end of the cables, I won't be able to thread the cables into the cable chains :-(
so it looks like I'm going to have to end up practising my soldering & do it myself :-(

Just found out the cable chains actually open up to put the cables in :-)
So hopefully back to plan A of getting the cables made up :-)

I'll message you the details Lee

Lee Roberts
25-04-2017, 11:24 AM
No problem just about to read your PM.

:)