PDA

View Full Version : 3 phase spindle

terry1956
21-05-2017, 12:29 PM
Hi. I am not electrical mined so forgive me if this sounds silly. I have been looking at spindles.I wish to use small cutters so high speed is needed.having read about the poor quality of some Chinese imports I have been looking at uk purchase.the think is that these are all 3 phase and I would need an inverter to use one. But my worry here would it be worth the extra money or are these spindles just rebranded chinese rubbish.is there a good reliable uk supplier for hobby use spindles

Chaz
21-05-2017, 12:41 PM
Hi. I am not electrical mined so forgive me if this sounds silly. I have been looking at spindles.I wish to use small cutters so high speed is needed.having read about the poor quality of some Chinese imports I have been looking at uk purchase.the think is that these are all 3 phase and I would need an inverter to use one. But my worry here would it be worth the extra money or are these spindles just rebranded chinese rubbish.is there a good reliable uk supplier for hobby use spindles

My view, dont be scared of the common Chinese stuff on ebay. Its not the best but its value for money. Use that until it dies, then replace with better bearings (if it dies). The runout on them is not bad, you can do a bit to improve them but they are as good as most of us need.

I looked at not going Chinese, it gets fairly expensive. Consider 2nd hand stuff but then you dont know if it will work and how well.

terry1956
21-05-2017, 06:04 PM
Sad to say I have gone Chinese. Will hope for the best

Clive S
21-05-2017, 06:46 PM
Sad to say I have gone Chinese. Will hope for the best

Hope you have gone with the water cooled version amd a;so bought the vfd with it.

The WC version is very quiet