PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: Logging in.

Alan T
07-08-2009, 09:42 PM
Hi everyone.

Well, I accidentally found this forum whilst googling for other stuff trying to make a cheap and cheerful leadscrew arrangement for a sliding door. I found my answer here (I think anyway, yet to implement it) and a whole lot more stuff besides.

I've been learning basic engineering stuff at evening classes and am very interested to learn about CNC machines, and plan to make my own small starter machine later this year. I bought the book "CNC RObotics..." but, as you can tell from my review of it on Amazon, I came away less than enlightened.

However, this forum seems to offer a much more practical way into CNC for me and I hope to learn from the established members and perhaps eventually even be able to give something back to future newbies when they join.

Alan T.
Wiltshire UK

Kn8
07-08-2009, 09:50 PM
Hello Alan, welcome.

Ivan

audioandy
07-08-2009, 09:55 PM
Hi Alan

Welcome :beer:

Lee Roberts
07-08-2009, 10:44 PM
However, this forum seems to offer a much more practical way into CNC for me and I hope to learn from the established members and perhaps eventually even be able to give something back to future newbies when they join.

Alan T.
Wiltshire UK

That’s fantastic Alan, welcome to the site and good luck, thank you also for your comments.

Lee