PDA

View Full Version : Warco GH1224VS

youngblood
28-05-2017, 08:42 PM
Hi

I brought a 1224VS lathe along time ago now and has really been good. I have just brought a VSE mill and have had a shuffle around to make it all fit cleaned the mill then the lathe as I thought it was a good time to do so the trouble stuck, the lathe would only run a 2000rpm and I thought it could be the knob control but now its jumps backwards and forward not a good sign has anyone or now how to reset the panel as this may be the problem, warco have no instruction in there manual about this set up? I have been playing so may have made it worse.
Edited By: youngblood

cropwell
28-05-2017, 11:43 PM
O.K. let me try to understand the problem, does the lathe speed vary or is the display just showing odd readouts ?

If it is the first one it could be a faulty potentiometer.

If it is the second one, it could be contamination on the sensor. My Amadeal lathe had this and the remedy was to clean up the optical sensor (some grease had got in it).

youngblood
29-05-2017, 09:17 AM
Last night I was looking at the potentiometer on line. I thought it turned a lot but now think its a ten turn type? where do I find the optical sensor? I think ill buy a new potentiometer anyway they are cheap enough. I just hope I haven't screwed up the settings on the key pad? and don't no how to reset it?

cropwell
29-05-2017, 12:19 PM
Now I have some further information, it appears I cannot help you. The optical sensor will be on the main shaft of the lathe. I can't find any info on the 1224VS, have you talked to Warco, they are generally helpful.

youngblood
29-05-2017, 05:36 PM
Will be giving them a call tomorrow. thanks anyway

youngblood
30-05-2017, 06:30 PM
Spoke to Warco today they have no spares for electrical parts on this machine they did send me a manual for the inverter, so hope I can work out what needs to be checked. The inverter is a Sunfar C300 they tell me? it may help others who get in trouble

youngblood
31-05-2017, 09:10 PM
Good news lathe is working took the panel off the back and found a sticky E stop next to the inverter.

Lee Roberts
03-06-2017, 03:44 PM
Glad you got it sorted I was going to suggest lose wire after the move, thanks for sharing for others.