PDA

View Full Version : Looking for recommendations for a CNC router

Jake Middleton-Metcalfe
04-06-2017, 08:10 PM
Hello CNC users!

I am looking for some advice on purchasing a 3 axis CNC router for business use.

I am a musical instrument maker running a small business. I used to be a professional model maker and in that industry used a 3 axis cnc router regularly. Here is an image of what I make. Basically its a small type of accordion called a concertina:

I always used to use the "laserscript 6090" in the model making industry, see the spec here:

http://hpclaser.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_id=50

In my opinion this is a great router and it would be perfect for reducing production times by making components and jigs. I would be very happy to simply own this one except it is a bit pricey for me at £4,595.00. Laserscript used to make the same router but smaller (300x300 bed size) for I believe around the £2300 mark which is more realistic to my means. That cheaper router would have probably been my ideal machine was it still made.

So could anyone please recommend a router with a min bed size of 300x300mm which is capable of cutting: plastics, plywoods and thin brass sheet (2mm brass max) as I used to do on the laserscript router. My max budget is £2500. I am really not against buying used machines.

thanks for reading and Best wishes,
Jake Middleton-Metcalfe

mekanik
05-06-2017, 06:41 PM
Hi Jake
Welcome to the forum.
If i was in your situation i would place a request in the FREELANCE JOBS AND REQUESTS section, there are forum members that will build you a machine to your required spec. don't know if it would be within your budget as the control gear can get a bit costly if you are looking for reliability but it's wortrh a shot.
Good luck
Mike