PDA

View Full Version : digital to analog servos

elad1987
12-06-2017, 09:54 PM
Hi guys i have a avon 2200 and wont to run mach 3. i have 24v analog servos and wondered what i would take to renew the control panel.

m_c
13-06-2017, 10:36 PM
For 24V, and analogue servos, you'd need something like a CS-Labs CSMIO-IP/A, or Dynomotion KFlop+Kanalog, to be able to run Mach 3.

elad1987
15-06-2017, 08:18 PM
thanks for your help mate do u know were a can get these from uk

m_c
15-06-2017, 09:59 PM
Only the CS-Labs units are available from the UK. Zapp Automation sell them (www.zappautomation.com). Dynomotion controllers are only available direct from Dynomotion in the US.

However, before you buy anything, you'll need to check what kind of position output you get from the servos. They may use resolvers, which the only modern controller I'm aware of that can be made to work with them, is a Dynomotion Kanalog, however even Dynomotion don't really recommend it. The other options would be to retrofit incremental encoders, or fit new servos/drives.

I'd also recommend you go through the existing controller/wiring, and work out what inputs/outputs you'll need, so you have a reasonable idea of what's involved before you buy anything.