PDA

View Full Version : Y axis

Andyshomecrafts
21-06-2017, 04:11 PM
With the help of a very good friend who built his own CNC
I built one, it's good it jogs up and down perfect, but as soon as I put a G code in and push start, both Y axis do there own thing.More than not the Left Y moves from home but the right one is about 2-3 seconds behind, but this twists the Gantry and it binds. I have to level everything up again
Any body help please,
I'm using Mach3 with stepper motors, I'm very new so my knowledge is limited
Getting desperate.

Desertboy
21-06-2017, 04:46 PM
I built one, it's good it jogs up and down perfect, but as soon as I put a G code in and push start, both Y axis do there own thing.More than not the Left Y moves from home but the right one is about 2-3 seconds behind, but this twists the Gantry and it binds. I have to level everything up again
Any body help please,
Getting desperate.

I made these assumptions

You have 2 motors driving 2 ballscrews on 1 axis? Those motors are not moving in sync?

Are the motors driven by 1 stepper driver for both? Or are you running a stepper driver per motor (A cloned axis)?

Clive S
21-06-2017, 04:57 PM
Any body help please,
Getting desperate.

Andy very nice to see you back on the forum and I hope things have improved with the difficulties you have faced.
It would help if you could put a picture up of the machine with some specs. ie motors, power supply voltage, drivers etc. I will help in any way I can.