PDA

View Full Version : Scortch @ Scortchworks

Leadhead
31-07-2017, 05:37 PM
Any one used the "G Code ripper" from Scortch @ Scortchworks.
The site seems to be dead and any available downloads appear to be hacked and reporting as "deleted unsafe"
Shame some helpful stuff on there??

EddyCurrent
31-07-2017, 07:40 PM
It's scorch and the website is www.scorchworks.com
What is there about a website that makes you think it's "dead" ?
How to downloads "appear to be hacked" ?
Who or what is reporting "deleted unsafe" ?

I'd like to know first in case I ever want to go onto that site

Leadhead
01-08-2017, 07:31 AM
Dead was an over reaction.It seemed to me that when I tried to make contact the various methods offered for doing so,did not work. - Eventually I did contact him through F/Book. He told me he was unaware of any problems. This in the light of my Norton 360 reporting it as unsafe and actually removing the G Code Ripper programme. I never witnessed such abrupt action from Norton and I was, not unnaturally rattled. The guy made no further comment and thus it would have been foolish to continue. Unfortunate as he has some very useful programmes.
Eddycurrent if you should decide to download perhaps you will report what you find.

m_c
01-08-2017, 11:17 AM
Lots of anti-virus programs will do that to anything they don't recognise.

I've normally got to disable AVG whenever I install a Dynomotion update, as it blocks installation due to the main executable not having been scanned by them, so they flag it as unsafe and block/delete it's installation. AVG do however give the option of uploading the file for further analysis, and it'll come back a couple hours later saying it's clear, so anybody trying to install after should not get any problems.

Leadhead
01-08-2017, 11:25 AM
Thanks for info m_c. I never had this happen before so will look for a workaround.
Scorch came back to me with the quip "well you wont get a virus then"

Leadhead
01-08-2017, 11:26 AM
Duplicate post!

Ger21
03-08-2017, 07:35 PM
Thanks for info m_c. I never had this happen before so will look for a workaround.

Get rid of Norton!!

Lots of people using G Code Ripper and F Engrave.

magicniner
03-08-2017, 08:39 PM
Scorch came back to me with the quip "well you wont get a virus then"

He seems quite restrained and amusing given the number who probably tell him the same each week ;-)