PDA

View Full Version : Mach 3 Turn - CAM Issues

Chaz
03-08-2017, 08:14 AM
So, Ive been using my Emco 120 for a bit and had no real issues.

Ive now setup my mill to have it be able to do some form of turning. The problem I am having is that of deciding which post processor to use and then seeing 'odd' stuff in the tool paths.

If there a guidance on whether we should use Inc or ABS in the Mach 3 general settings for Distance and IJ mode specifically? I have tried forcing ABS by using G91.1 (or whatever the command is, no change).

Ive tried every option and I am getting either.

The radius is greater than error, weird big circles or small circles where there is a change of direction.

It's like something has changed however I am not sure what. Ive tried another post processor for Mach 3 which should work, same result. Previously I have used the Fanuc one which is advised as the 'default' one for Mach 3.

Any ideas / thoughts? I dont think Mach 3 Turn wants to see I and K values.

Chaz
04-08-2017, 10:58 AM
Anyone?

magicniner
05-08-2017, 08:48 PM
Mach 3 Forum?

m_c
05-08-2017, 09:52 PM
The only thing I can think of, is did you have to alter the arc settings in the mill profile, and they've some how been carried over the turn profile?

Failing that, as Nick says, Mach 3 forum is your best bet. I've never used CAM on my lathe, as I either hand code things, or glue together the wizard outputs. Plus I've not used Mach on the lathe for a few years now.

Chaz
06-08-2017, 08:34 PM
The only thing I can think of, is did you have to alter the arc settings in the mill profile, and they've some how been carried over the turn profile?

Failing that, as Nick says, Mach 3 forum is your best bet. I've never used CAM on my lathe, as I either hand code things, or glue together the wizard outputs. Plus I've not used Mach on the lathe for a few years now.

Thanks but for this I am using Mach 3 Turn natively - just rearranged the axes to work like a Lathe.

m_c
06-08-2017, 11:19 PM
Thanks but for this I am using Mach 3 Turn natively - just rearranged the axes to work like a Lathe.

Have you tried changing the settings in Mach that normally result in crop circles in mill?

Chaz
07-08-2017, 08:05 AM
Have you tried changing the settings in Mach that normally result in crop circles in mill?

Nope, which ones are these?

m_c
07-08-2017, 05:02 PM
In the process of googling Mach 3 crop circles for a suitable post, I came across a link to this - http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,11932.0.html
I've not read the docs, but they may contain a solution to your problem.

Chaz
07-08-2017, 05:03 PM
In the process of googling Mach 3 crop circles for a suitable post, I came across a link to this - http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,11932.0.html
I've not read the docs, but they may contain a solution to your problem.

Thanks, checking.

Chaz
07-08-2017, 05:16 PM
Thanks, very useful. It looks like a reverse arc problem, more to look at later when I am at my machine / stuff.