PDA

View Full Version : Question about sink/source on motor controller to bob

Toolman321
22-09-2017, 11:51 AM
Hello this may be a question that's obvious to most but I really need some clarification please..

I have a dc spindle controller, it has a pot which is connected to a terminal marked 0-10v
My bob has the same terminals it is the Chinese 5 axis bob

But what I'm not sure about is where does the power come from? Is it sinking or sourcing? Do the bob terminals directly replace the potentiometer?

Also the dc controller I have is also pwm, would that better or worse than the 0-10v?

Many thanks
Lee

Clive S
22-09-2017, 12:22 PM
Hello this may be a question that's obvious to most but I really need some clarification please..

I have a dc spindle controller, it has a pot which is connected to a terminal marked 0-10v
My bob has the same terminals

But what I'm not sure about is where does the power come from? Is it sinking or sourcing? Do the bob terminals directly replace the potentiometer?

Many thanks
Lee

Lee We don't have a crystal ball. you need to give a link or picture of the bob. You could put a meter on the bob terminal and see what you get.

Toolman321
22-09-2017, 02:35 PM
Here is a picture of the breakout board 22859
Thanks
Lee

Clive S
22-09-2017, 06:24 PM
My bob has the same terminalsLee I know the board but from what I have read (I think) some of the spindle controllers have a high voltage on them. So I will bow out as I have no experience with that type of controller.

But I am sure some one will chime in and help.