PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop help

Dean jeffery
02-10-2017, 08:42 AM
I need some help with a logo I've got these IMGs but my sticker people said the quality is not good, so the stickers will be poor.

Can somebody help make better quality pics please.

The final logo is the skull getter crushed.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171002/fd99057cecbcae18e982b18a2a98f973.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171002/7030c195c82f572da7219e8e75464436.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171002/dcd031571de2755cee15d2167082bcc4.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171002/7803c85df1195f8d7b31782cf5f087a1.jpg

Not sure it's possible with the pics given

Thanks in advance

Desertboy
02-10-2017, 09:50 AM
You could use inkscape to recreate these images at a better resolution relatively easy using the trace function.

Have a look on youtube there's plenty of tutorials.

Dean jeffery
02-10-2017, 09:50 AM
[emoji106]

Ger21
02-10-2017, 01:44 PM
relatively easy

How easy is 100% dependent on the users skills, and their familiarity with Inkscape.

A_Camera
02-10-2017, 02:42 PM
How easy is 100% dependent on the users skills, and their familiarity with Inkscape.
Same is true for Photoshop. I am a photo freak and very familiar with it but to do what the OP wants to do is a very time consuming job I would not do free of charge. The images need a severe cleaning up and a lot of other work, basically it is much faster to redraw everything from scratch. Of course, just resizing is not an issue, takes only a few seconds, but the images are really very low resolution, severely compressed images, so they are full of pixelation and other artefacts. Also, I would not do anything on them unless I was sure the OP had the copyright for these, and if he has then I wonder why does he only have this bad quality.

Dean jeffery
02-10-2017, 02:49 PM
Cheers guys but I've now got this done, or in the process of getting it done from scratch.

The imgs are on google from ALX is an engine builder and so is RCmax.

No copy rights needed I don't think purely because the rcmax logo is just a modified google skull and ALX as given me permission to use his.

Cheers

m_c
02-10-2017, 06:02 PM
You really want them redrawn as some form of vector (i.e. in Illustrator not Photoshop), as then you can resize them as much as you want, and not lose any detail.

A_Camera
03-10-2017, 06:21 AM
You really want them redrawn as some form of vector (i.e. in Illustrator not Photoshop), as then you can resize them as much as you want, and not lose any detail.

Photoshop can do everything you want or might need to do with any photo. I am talking about the pro version I am using, not the free one they include in every scanner and many cameras. The free version is really just a joke.

Desertboy
03-10-2017, 06:33 AM
Morning was bored so I converted the images to vectors, this morning in inkscape using standard settings took 5 mins for all 4. I saved the images at 300 dpi but I also included the .svg files which are resolution independent so you can generate any dpi.

Now these would need some post processing but I spent literally 5 mins on them, they're simple bitmap traces. Load the image in inkscape, click on the image so it's highlighted! Then select from the drop down menu path -> Trace Bitmap.

From there you can preview the effect.

I like the last skull which was done by playing with the settings in Trace Bitmap, make sure you then save it as a .svg the printers should be able to process an SVG but if not you can export the picture to a PNG just make sure you have the right DPI when saving the image.

You should get on inkscape and play, Youtube is full of tutorials for Inkscape including trace functions and it's open source (Free) so there's really not any excuse not to.
https://inkscape.org/en/release/0.92.2/

A_Camera
03-10-2017, 07:51 AM
Nice work Desertboy. I opened skull rcmax.svg and it really is very nice. Yes, some cleaning is still to be done but the OP should be able to do it without much effort. Never tried Incscape but will definitely have a look at it, at least for this sort of work.

Dean jeffery
03-10-2017, 07:56 AM
No need to waste your time doing this now, I got it done yesterday and a file sent to the printers.

Thanks for your input and time BTW [emoji106]

Desertboy
03-10-2017, 10:25 AM
No need to waste your time doing this now, I got it done yesterday and a file sent to the printers.

Thanks for your input and time BTW [emoji106]

No problems I'm enjoying having a little play in Inkscape I hadn't fired it up this year lol

Dean jeffery
03-10-2017, 10:29 AM
Lol knock yourself out [emoji23] the logo needed to be a direct copy or as good as a copy.

m_c
03-10-2017, 05:50 PM
Photoshop can do everything you want or might need to do with any photo. I am talking about the pro version I am using, not the free one they include in every scanner and many cameras. The free version is really just a joke.

But the problem is, a photo is not what you really want for graphics.
I know the last major version of PS that I used was CS2, and it did have some vector graphic functionality, but Illustrator was what was designed for working with vectors.

magicniner
04-10-2017, 10:03 AM
I know the last major version of PS that I used was CS2, and it did have some vector graphic functionality, but Illustrator was what was designed for working with vectors.

+1
I use Photoshop for bitmap editing and creation but Illustrator or Corel Draw are the correct tools for anything which may require resizing where degradation such as jagged edges must be avoided in enlarged versions.

A_Camera
04-10-2017, 10:58 AM

I don't know the Illustrator, so I won't argue against. I am using CS5 but sure, mostly for photography, not vector graphics.

magicniner
04-10-2017, 11:12 AM
I don't know the Illustrator, so I won't argue against. I am using CS5 but sure, mostly for photography, not vector graphics.

For 2D CNC paths, vinyl cutting paths and any other graphics you wish to be able to scale without degradation you need a Vector Graphic not a Bitmap Image. Vector Graphic packages are unsuitable for working with bitmap images of normal complexity because every block of every colour would require it's own vector outline and colour fill resulting in enormous files which tend to be totally unmanageable, even a small colour gradient would have a huge number of colour bands.
It's a case of Horses for Courses,

- Nick