PDA

View Full Version : Safe Z Arghhhhhhhh!! Whats going on!

AdCNC
17-08-2009, 06:48 PM
Well as a few of you know im in the middle of building my machine as if i haven't enough things to think about and stress over, i decided fire up my mach3 software and give the motors that i have at tho moment a spin! all was working fine untill just, out of the blue the Z axis will not move and i keep getting the error safe z turned off ignoring safe z move! ive not touched anything since last time i had a mess with it and it was working fine! it wont move when im in the motor tuning setup either.

Ive looked at a few settings but im new to all this and i cannot see what could be the problem!:eek:

Anyone have and ideas or has come across this before?

AdCNC
17-08-2009, 07:58 PM
:eek:

Anyone?

Kn8
17-08-2009, 08:30 PM
Hi AdCNC

The PC I run Mach3 on is down at present so I’m unable to have a play to see if I can help However looking in through the using Mach3 mill pdf on page 6-12 is the following

“Mach3 has the facility to set a lower limit for moves in the Z axis. See Config>Logic dialog for the static setting of this Inhibit-Z value.”

I Hope this is of some help.

Ivan.

AdCNC
17-08-2009, 08:33 PM
Thanks Kn8 ill have a look now.. ive been playing with it for ages now and at no avail

AdCNC
17-08-2009, 08:58 PM
well ive had a look and i cant seem to get no where! its doin be bloody head in! nothing seems to go right!

i dont understand how one min it can work ok then not the next!

Ross77
17-08-2009, 09:58 PM
Hi, Ive not got around to using Mach yet but Im sure it is capable of multiple set ups!

Is it easy enough to start again? I know when Ive been stuck before, it is usually easier to start again.....:sad:

Maybe try posting in the Mach forum so more people see it. :smile:

audioandy
17-08-2009, 10:52 PM
Hi AdCNC

Have you sorted your problem?

If not when you closed down Mach did you click on the "yes" button to save fixture's?

Have a look under the "Offsets ALT5" tab and have a look under active work offsets, as you click each offset button if anything is saved it will be shown to the right hand side if anything comes up just zero them see if that sorts it.

Andy

AdCNC
17-08-2009, 10:57 PM
Hi andy, ive just tried the setup on another computer that was working fine and its the same story on that machine as well.. never had this problem until now its got me thinking that could it be something to do with my hardware having an effect on mach3? ill have a look at what you mentioned andy see if that does anything, but im not that very up on mach3.

AdCNC
18-08-2009, 04:31 PM
Well ive sorted the problem! it was a dodgey wire from the BOB to the Drive! all is well once again! :D

audioandy
18-08-2009, 05:15 PM
:yahoo:

It might be worth you creating a profile in Mach while you are finding your feet, now you have it working just do a copy profile then you always can go back if you mess anything up.

If you are not sure how to do it just let me know I will talk you through it.

Andy