PDA

View Full Version : Syntec ez4 controller

GEOFFREY
30-10-2017, 08:42 PM
Does anyone have any experience of this type of Chinese controller. I have just purchased a used Chinese 8x4 router with a Syntec controller. I use Alphacam V7 cad/cam, but do not have a post processor for it. Does anyone know where Ican find one? I understand the to get one written by Alphacam would be very very expensive. Thanks for any help. Geoff.

EddyCurrent
31-10-2017, 02:01 PM
Geoff,

The machine you just bought sounds like it will be useful to have.
If it helps, I found this on the CamBam forum, http://www.cambam.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=4892.0
Yarek said this, "I think I figure it out! it is just G4 P5000 after every tool change" referring to changes to a Mach 3 post for a Syntec controller.
Keep in mind that members of the CamBam forum write post processors for free, provided they are given the details about what is required.
Also, as you will no doubt be thinking, it could be better to replace the Syntec controller.

GEOFFREY
31-10-2017, 03:31 PM
Thanks for that info Eddy. I do hope that I will not have to change the controller as it actually looks to be quite good. Time will tell. Geoff.

Mersal
08-04-2018, 09:44 AM
hi , I have the Syntech EZ4 controller it is robust controller i wouldn't change it . i had same problem when i bought the machine with out manual but later on i manage to create one pp for my need through reading and asking in many forums specially cnczone and Artsoft forum there are plenty information regarding Syntech EZ4 i am using Art cam and inventor pro . if you can mange to open the pp from program file of your cad/cam file you will find the pp file (post Processor )and copy that one and try to study it and you can easily edit i have a bunch of them but not Alpha cam . if you want to change to art cam or vectric i can e mail you .it is not something you pay for pp .