PDA

View Full Version : ACP Problem

RYANB123
01-11-2017, 11:33 AM
Hi, I have just joined the group, and am not sure if this is the correct place to ask a question, so please bear with me. I have owned an AXYZ Router for some time and have always had trouble cutting out small (3") letters from 3mm Dibond. what happens is it will cut fine for a while and then the odd letter will lift from the table and fly round the workshop, I have even had them embed in the plywood walls! So what cutter is best and what feed speed ect. should i use to help prevent this, Many thanks, Ryan

Clive S
01-11-2017, 12:02 PM
Hi, I have just joined the group, and am not sure if this is the correct place to ask a question, so please bear with me. I have owned an AXYZ Router for some time and have always had trouble cutting out small (3") letters from 3mm Dibond. what happens is it will cut fine for a while and then the odd letter will lift from the table and fly round the workshop, I have even had them embed in the plywood walls! So what cutter is best and what feed speed ect. should i use to help prevent this, Many thanks, Ryan

How are you holding the work down have you tried double sided tape?

ps Welcome to the forum Ryan

RYANB123
01-11-2017, 06:50 PM
How are you holding the work down have you tried double sided tape?

ps Welcome to the forum Ryan

RYANB123
01-11-2017, 06:56 PM
Thank you Clive for your quick response. I should have added that the machine
has a vacuum bed, and this works fine on letters over 6 " tall but will give me grief with smaller letters. Are you suggesting that i should try double sided tape on the vacuum bed? Excuse me if this is stupid, but i am fairly new to this and am on a learning curve (hopefully) Regards Ryan

Clive S
01-11-2017, 07:03 PM
Thank you Clive for your quick response. I should have added that the machine
has a vacuum bed, and this works fine on letters over 6 " tall but will give me grief with smaller letters. Are you suggesting that i should try double sided tape on the vacuum bed? Excuse me if this is stupid, but i am fairly new to this and am on a learning curve (hopefully) Regards Ryan

Well the smaller the part the less the hold down pressure there is. If you think about it, a part that is 6x6 will have 36 sq" but a part 3x3 will only have 9 sq" so if you have a suction of say 10lb sq" then the 6" part will have a hold down of 360lb but the 3" part will only have 90lb hold down.

magicniner
01-11-2017, 07:07 PM
You can use a sacrificial plate (though you will get multiple uses from it) to tape your material to and your vacuum bed will hold the plate nicely.

- Nick

EddyCurrent
01-11-2017, 07:13 PM
Use "holdiing tabs" or don't cut right through the material but leave a very thin skin at the bottom, this will easily clean up later although it is an extra step in the process.