PDA

View Full Version : 6040Z USB CNC - USB port not recognised.

Roy
17-11-2017, 03:26 PM
Good Day...Just received 6040Z USB cnc/router.
2 issues I hope I can receive help on:
1) Loaded Mach3 with 6040Z interface ( I assume it was done by the manufacturer ) and suplier confirmed it supported USB.
Problem is the Mach3 keeps showing "Find No XHC NcUsbPod!"

I have checked USB cable, using USB 2.0 port (checked 3xports), opened controller to ensure no loose connections or boards etc..all OK

2) Sometimes when I start Mach3 it says "Art code 9991-error"...any advice...

m.i.k.e
18-11-2017, 12:09 AM
is the NcUsbPod.dll missing ?

http://www.cdxhctech.com/html/edownloads/view_220_273.html

mike

Roy
18-11-2017, 10:46 AM
Tks very much Mike...turned out that all I needed was the Ncusbpod driver to be updated... Got latest driver at site you indicated... Cheers

M6MDR
19-11-2017, 09:38 AM
Hi,

Sorry to butt in on your thread but I own a USB CNC3040T and I've tried to get MACH3 to run it but I've never had any success.
In all the videos I've watched, they all use a Parallel cable between the MACH3 PC and the CNC Control Box.

My CNC3040 was sold as a USB CNC but the control box still has a parallel port on the back. I purchased a parallel cable but I could not get Mach3 to work. I went through the setup like all the videos were showing and in the MACH3 settings where you configure your PINS for the Parallel Cable, I only ever got one or two green indicators working and nothing I did would make it work. I couldn't control anything on the CNC using MACH3 so I went back to using the USB CNC software that came with my CNC Machine via USB.

So do you think it would be possible for my machine to run MACH3 via USB? My Control Box for my CNC is labelled as T-D Axis Controller. It is black in color with an angled front panel which has two power switches (Main Power and Spindle) with a rotary pot to control spindle speed and finally a big red emergency stop button - if that description helps.

Inside the control box are the following boards:- JP-382C, JP-1482 and JP-1635

Thanks!

Roy
19-11-2017, 02:43 PM
Hi,

Sorry to butt in on your thread but I own a USB CNC3040T and I've tried to get MACH3 to run it but I've never had any success.
In all the videos I've watched, they all use a Parallel cable between the MACH3 PC and the CNC Control Box.

My CNC3040 was sold as a USB CNC but the control box still has a parallel port on the back. I purchased a parallel cable but I could not get Mach3 to work. I went through the setup like all the videos were showing and in the MACH3 settings where you configure your PINS for the Parallel Cable, I only ever got one or two green indicators working and nothing I did would make it work. I couldn't control anything on the CNC using MACH3 so I went back to using the USB CNC software that came with my CNC Machine via USB.

So do you think it would be possible for my machine to run MACH3 via USB? My Control Box for my CNC is labelled as T-D Axis Controller. It is black in color with an angled front panel which has two power switches (Main Power and Spindle) with a rotary pot to control spindle speed and finally a big red emergency stop button - if that description helps.

Thanks!

Roy
19-11-2017, 02:52 PM
I only just received my 6040 last wek Monday...The USB port "not recognised"..was solved by upgrading the driver...

My control box is also a "black" box with rotary emergency switch..but has a Power, VFD and water pump switch on front panel as well as the "Manual Control " display.

The machine now works using Mach3..however, I am having a problem with "erratic cutting"..i.e. if you cut a square shape the first using a "multipass cut"..the first pass cuts fine then the second and third cut start "moving/cutting" to the right handside of the first cut so you end up with 3 cuts in different places( asuming you selected a 3 pass cut)..

But Mach3 executes all the Gcode instructions...I think my problem is the Mach3 setup...so Ill be asking this question on the forum i.e. is there some kind of "standard" setup for the 6040.

Not sure if this helps you...

cheers

magicniner
20-11-2017, 01:15 AM
Hi,

Thanks!

Don't take this the wrong way but don't butt in, start your own Thread.
It's confusing trying to address your problems and answers in someone else's thread when identically named hardware sourced from China can be very different electronically.
Additionally you didn't say what spec your PC was and Windows 10 doesn't do parallel port, neither do any other 64 bit versions of Windows.

- Nick

Kennym2011
22-05-2021, 03:56 PM
Hi M6MDR.

You can provide the original software?, mi CD is missing. Tnk

Clariongrade
23-05-2021, 09:26 AM
Hi,

Thanks!

I don't want to worry you but, some breakout boards are provided with a USB port for power supply only! Have you got one of these?

magicniner
23-05-2021, 10:04 AM
Holy Thread Resurrection Batman! :excitement: