PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: Hi from Cornwall

NPW_BESPOKE
13-01-2018, 07:47 PM
Hi Everyone

Just thought id introduce myself! This is new for me.... First EVER forum post :/ !! and also pretty new to the world of CNC machining.

I run a joinery business in North Cornwall and have recently invested in a Radecal Machines 3000 x 2000(mm) bed piranha and running it using Vetric v-carve pro 9. Loving the challenge and learning a completely new aspect of wood working.. have got to grips with the basics but realise there is a massive amount of learning that I'm sure never ends with these machines. It seems these machines are limited only by your imagination...

Reading through some threads briefly its quite clear there is a wealth of talent and knowledge on this site alone. I'm afraid I may be asking more questions than answering them to begin with but hope i can be a valuable contributor in time to come...

thanks guys, all the best
Nick

Desertboy
14-01-2018, 10:38 AM
Hi Everyone

Just thought id introduce myself! This is new for me.... First EVER forum post :/ !! and also pretty new to the world of CNC machining.

I run a joinery business in North Cornwall and have recently invested in a Radecal Machines 3000 x 2000(mm) bed piranha and running it using Vetric v-carve pro 9. Loving the challenge and learning a completely new aspect of wood working.. have got to grips with the basics but realise there is a massive amount of learning that I'm sure never ends with these machines. It seems these machines are limited only by your imagination...

Reading through some threads briefly its quite clear there is a wealth of talent and knowledge on this site alone. I'm afraid I may be asking more questions than answering them to begin with but hope i can be a valuable contributor in time to come...

thanks guys, all the best
Nick

Morning, welcome to the forums. Do you have an idea of what you want to make with the machine? 3m*2m opens a lot of options up.

johngoodrich
14-01-2018, 10:52 AM
Welcome to the forum. Nice to see someone else from Cornwall on here

NPW_BESPOKE
14-01-2018, 07:41 PM
Morning, welcome to the forums. Do you have an idea of what you want to make with the machine? 3m*2m opens a lot of options up.

Hi

I decided on a large bed to take larger sheet materials. Interested in producing my own flat pack furniture, kitchen carcasses, door, drawer fronts etc. Also potential for stair parts (short flights etc). As I learn I'm seeing the opportunities grow.

Like the idea of signage and the craft/artistic aspect it provides.

Also running it as a service for other designer/makers, general public, local business etc...

NPW_BESPOKE
14-01-2018, 07:45 PM
Hi John
Cheers! KERNOW BYS VYKEN!

I'm not quite sure how to navigate all this forum stuff as yet?! but from what I've seen its a pretty invaluable tool for novice and experienced machinists alike...
all the best
Nick

Krammer002
15-01-2018, 04:01 PM
Hi Nick,

Welcome! I'm located on the Cornish south coast...

Mark