PDA

View Full Version : eBay: Haimer 3d taster 20mm shank

camhguh
27-01-2018, 08:10 PM
Haimer 3D Taster with 20mm shank. can probe in all XYZ axis.

Exact positioning of the spindle axis on the edges of the workpiece
Smallest unit of measure of 0.0004"
Replaceable probes for maximum flexibility IP 67 waterproof

Box Opened but has not been used

Great alternative to an expensive Renishaw probe

Allows quick datum setting of workpieces.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/302612028766?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

magicniner
28-01-2018, 12:27 AM
Simply search "Haimer 3D Taster issues"

Great while they work, useless once they fail, even the company that makes them cannot reliably repair them!

I wouldn't touch one with yours! ;-)

Snapper
05-02-2018, 11:44 AM
Simply search "Haimer 3D Taster issues"

Great while they work, useless once they fail, even the company that makes them cannot reliably repair them!

I wouldn't touch one with yours! ;-)

Interesting. I am/was planning on getting one when I get my mill. What else would you suggest?

Different brand (mahr)? Digital? Or not have one at all and just stick to wobblers/feeler gauges/paper...

magicniner
05-02-2018, 04:29 PM
It depends how you work, I have a 10mm shank edge finder as my primary reference tool in the tool table, but I also have a modified electronic LED edge finder with a sprung ball tip which is nice.
Copier paper is reliably 0.1mm thick for edge and surface finding with actual tooling, if you want to use a small hole as a reference get a pointed centre finder, lower it into the hole until the taper section encounters friction then feel the shaft (f'nar, f'nar) for the step and jog to position, like the Mk1 Eyeball the Mk1 Finger is a much underestimated tool.

Snapper
05-02-2018, 04:44 PM
It depends how you work, I have a 10mm shank edge finder as my primary reference tool in the tool table, but I also have a modified electronic LED edge finder with a sprung ball tip which is nice.
Copier paper is reliably 0.1mm thick for edge and surface finding with actual tooling, if you want to use a small hole as a reference get a pointed centre finder, lower it into the hole until the taper section encounters friction then feel the shaft (f'nar, f'nar) for the step and jog to position, like the Mk1 Eyeball the Mk1 Finger is a much underestimated tool.

I obviously had the same thought you did :hysterical:

I had an idea about those LED things, twigging on to the circuit with the LED and wiring it in to the control as an N/O probe. Don't know if possible, or worthwhile.

Reckon I'll still go with the Haimer, if it lasts a few years its money well spent IMO.