PDA

View Full Version : fault testing

Palletlad
09-02-2018, 03:24 PM
Hi guys
i blew my pc the other day so was not able to do anything with my cnc 6040 but now replaced the ddr ram and all up and running... however my steppers now dont respond?
ive checked all connections as i did initially strip my cnc to do allignment tests and everything is where it should be.
settings on mach3 have not changed and i have motors all lit up with there settings on 320, 1500, 500, 0, 1Dir.
so going back to basics again to see whats gone wrong.
I did initially a LPT test either via mach3 or the run command but i cant recall the command does anyone know what it is as i think the cable or connector on motherboard is damaged now.
Also when i have gone into diagnostics i see "ouput signals currant state" enable 1, 2 and 3 are red, is this correct i have green lights on 5 of the port 1 pins (tried getting a screen shot but need my other pc so will come later)
Regards
Graham

Palletlad
09-02-2018, 03:26 PM
OK IGNORE THIS THREAD... i feel ashamed lol the lpt cable came loose.. panic over

Neale
09-02-2018, 05:51 PM
Well, you were right - it was a cable problem! Sometimes the only way to find a simple fault is to expose yourself to public humiliation, then the solution leaps out at you two seconds after you've hit "send" :smile:

Good luck, and keep at it!