PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: New / old member reintroduction

jmac80
24-03-2018, 03:47 PM
Hello All

Thought I would officially introduce myself now that I have actually put an order in for a CNC router :victorious:

Been a member here since 2013 when I first got interested in CNC routers.
For one reason or another I have never got round to actually getting one but have always come back for more, the desire for one never left me. :cool:
I have had all sorts of cnc routers in various webshop baskets all ready to order over the years.. xcarve / stepcraft / oozenest etc but I could never just make the purchase due to opinions / concerns I have read from experienced users on forums like this and others.
I also loved the thought of building one but I really just don't have the time between work, our disabled 8 year old daughter and now another baby on the way :barbershop_quartet_
The thought was just too daunting and that's why I nearly purchased the cheap kit routers above..

But... I'm glad to say I never wasted 2/3/4 grand, saved a bit more and paid for Jazzcnc / Dean to make me cnc router.. To say I'm excited is an understatement... Can't believe I finally have one with my name on it.
Lot's of learning to do and I cant wait :eagerness:

Machine is a 4x2 with 4th axis, similar to the one in the pic below :congratulatory:

Cheers all and look forward to sharing many projects over the years to come.

James

Clive S
24-03-2018, 05:52 PM
James. I have seen that machine I think you will be very pleased with it. Dean builds them as solid as a rock you have certainly found the right guy . :thumsup:

jmac80
24-03-2018, 09:03 PM
Hi Clive
Yep i have seen deans posts over the years and always drooled over his machines and missed a second hand one not long ago.
But now.. I have one getting built exactly to my needs :thumsup: