PDA

View Full Version : So I Finally Caved and Bought One to Play With

magicniner
07-04-2018, 02:50 PM
I have amassed the Ball Screws, Ball Nuts, PSUs, Steppers, Drivers plus a Milling Machine for a mid sized CNC mill conversion and although I have a Mach3 license and Mach3 runs my small 4-Axis milling machine faultlessly I decided to take a punt and try one of these -

This won't be a quick build as spare time is thin on the ground but I can make the box connections back-compatible with the little mill for functionality testing ;-)

Chaz
08-04-2018, 05:20 AM
Details? Cost etc?

magicniner
08-04-2018, 11:16 AM
Details? Cost etc?

Just a generic DDCSV with pendant from a UK shipping location, about £180, I haven't had chance to power it up yet ;-)

magicniner
08-04-2018, 07:30 PM
24v PSU from Maplin and 5 minutes in BobCAD-CAM V25, as it says FANUC in the manual I selected the FANUC PP shipped with V25 and it all seems to work.

https://youtu.be/PUWTNb-pGH8

That bodes well I think, I'll chuck drives and motors on it later and see what that looks like.

PeterC
08-01-2022, 01:13 AM
Hello magicniner,

Could I ask where you got your DCSS from in the UK? All I can find are these shipped from Europe on ebay. I'd love to get one from a UK supplier.

Many Thanks

Peter

dazp1976
08-01-2022, 08:42 PM
Hello magicniner,

Could I ask where you got your DCSS from in the UK? All I can find are these shipped from Europe on ebay. I'd love to get one from a UK supplier.

Many Thanks

Peter

You can't get piss all in the UK.
The UK is total crap.
Nearly EVERYTHING on my mill is from Aliexpress.
Look on there or banggood. Generally only a 2 week wait maximum. Can sometimes take longer but is VERY rare.