PDA

View Full Version : Which Machine

warrenfalzon
09-04-2018, 01:08 PM
Hello all.

Im lost in choosing a machine. I require a machine for low use custom furniture making, mostly cutting birch plywood (similar to opendesk).

Ive looked the following and would love your input:

Damen cnc kit - over 10k (abit pricy for my requirement)
CAUCAU cnc - good price but not convinced
Marchantdice machine - supermill desktop machine - best option however have mixed feeling on supplier after reading online.

My budget is around 8/10k euro. Im based in Malta so ideally machine would be from EU for easy shipping.

Thanks in advance.

Chaz
09-04-2018, 06:38 PM
Hello all.

Im lost in choosing a machine. I require a machine for low use custom furniture making, mostly cutting birch plywood (similar to opendesk).

Marchantdice machine - supermill desktop machine - best option however have mixed feeling on supplier after reading online.

My budget is around 8/10k euro. Im based in Malta so ideally machine would be from EU for easy shipping.

Thanks in advance.

Marchantdice machine - Avoid like the plague.

DamenCNC is good, try and work out a deal with them.

Desertboy
09-04-2018, 07:38 PM
Merchant Fleece as I like to call are an excellent company if you want your machine to come from a xmas cracker avoid, setting fire to your cash will save you time and hassle lol. What travel do you want?

warrenfalzon
09-04-2018, 09:06 PM
Marchantdice machine - Avoid like the plague.

DamenCNC is good, try and work out a deal with them.

Thanks - didnt hear very good stuff with Merchantdice.

Damen CNC is a bit overpriced at around 14k..

Any recommendations for good quality kits? (again available in EU)

warrenfalzon
09-04-2018, 09:07 PM
Merchant Fleece as I like to call are an excellent company if you want your machine to come from a xmas cracker avoid, setting fire to your cash will save you time and hassle lol. What travel do you want?

200mm/300mm is fine I guess for the work I need. Mainly will be cutting 2D ply

warrenfalzon
11-04-2018, 09:36 PM
any other options?

bikepete
11-04-2018, 10:24 PM
Maybe consider this?

https://www.zappautomation.co.uk/machines.html

EDIT - or not, if you want 8'x4' travels. Sorry, didn't see the thread subtitle...

Desertboy
12-04-2018, 08:03 AM
Hello all.

Thanks in advance.

You could buy a 2nd hand one, pain in the arse to ship but you have leeway in the price

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Strong-1325-cnc-router-8ftx4ft/263600465492?hash=item3d5fcfe654:g:rP0AAOSw~~5azfX P

There's loads of routers kicking around ebay spain is probably a better place to buy one as the shipping will be a lot cheaper.

If I bought a 2nd supported rail router I would replace all the bearings with new ones regardless of their condition but I wouldn't personally I'd go for square rail as a minimum