PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: hiya everyone!!

vardy
07-09-2009, 04:18 PM
hiya im new to cnc machines but find them facinating, ive looked into building one for a while now though and im very stuck with the electronics side of it, drivers, controllers, breakout boards, i cant find any simple step by step instructions on how make them anywhere! :) :beer:

audioandy
07-09-2009, 05:24 PM
Hi Vardy

Welcome to the forum :beer:

You might be better off to start with looking to buy some of the bits.

If you are new to all this making your own drivers etc might be a bit of a tall order but good luck anyway, there is plenty of help on here so any questions just ask away.

Andy

vardy
07-09-2009, 05:32 PM
yeah ive found the diycnc website and it has some great kits on their! i probably will buy rather than build to start with :)

HiltonSteve
07-09-2009, 05:46 PM
I bought all my electronics and steppers from Roy at DIYCNC and would highly recommend him.

I knew nothing about stepper motors, drivers etc but within 1 hour after getting the parts I had them wired up on the bench and running, it really is that easy.

Download a few manuals from the DIYCNC website and have a read, may give you a better understanding.

His new system4 board looks nice.... http://www.diycnc.co.uk/SYS4.pdf

vardy
07-09-2009, 06:08 PM
yeah thats the one i have my eye on it looks similar to a pc motherboard very pro!!, i have lost my job recently and have alot of space in the basement, im looking to create a cnc machine and make it pay for itself by creating things, not quite sure what though yet? ha ☻