PDA

View Full Version : How to use the tool height probe sensor?

jhonansaro
01-05-2018, 05:54 PM
Hi there
I am trying to use a probe sensor in order to set the tool height in my Tool bank, how this can be done?
Do I have to run this macro right after my m6 Macro?
Also how can I update my Tool Bank, after any reading of the tool height?
Finally any advise on the codes itself is greatly appreciated
Regards
Jhonansaro

JohnHaine
03-05-2018, 03:23 PM
Hard to reply unless we know what you mean by "probe sensor" in this context. Please could you clarify?

jhonansaro
04-05-2018, 06:50 AM
Hi JohnHaine

Thanks for the reply.
I am trying to put together a machine which has a ATC, My VB codes are ready for My Spindle, But I want also
be able after each Tool change to get the actual Z height of my Tool, therefore I want to use a Z Height sensor,
I am not quite clear how to do this, should I include codes similar to auto zero in my Tool changer Codes or Sub?
Or should It be a different or sub set of VB scripts ?
I know just a little about VB Scripts . also If you have some good Codes or direct me to some samples on Z Height sensing
It would be great.

regards
jhonansaro

A_Camera
04-05-2018, 08:39 AM
Perhaps it's just me, but to me it is totally unclear what you actually want to do, and also what sort of machine you have, what you mean by VB codes and so on. I know what VB is, but do you mean Visual Basic or something else? VB for which sort of software? Is it Mach3 or something else, perhaps putting your own code together from scratch? I am not a "laser guy" but since you posted under Laser machines, I wonder what you will do with an ATC (Automatic Tool Changer) if you are building a laser cutter. Also, do you mean tool height (from the table or the work piece) or tool length (the actual length of the tool)? Try to structure your post and questions a bit better because we are not mind readers.

Anyway, tool height or tool length is measured from a reference point. It can be the table top or the actual work piece, the important part is that you have a Z zero point which is your reference. I don't know if that answers your questions, since I don't know what you are asking for. If you are looking for VB codes then the Internet is full of VB examples for Mach3, but again, I am not sure what you actually asking for.

JohnHaine
04-05-2018, 09:21 AM
Hi jhonsaro, I see that you also post over on the Mach support forum. This problem has been discussed to death over there if you do some searching. Look at this thread:

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,22888.20.html where I have posted somewhere around message 14 a macro to do this (which itself is based on someone else's work).