PDA

View Full Version : No Used Tormachs in the uk

leepug
05-06-2018, 12:40 PM
Hi Guys, been searching for weeks for a used tormach in the uk no luck as of yet, seems a lot of guys are after them and when you do get one there that good no one sells :) so I'm going to order a new 440 in a few weeks unless I get real lucky and tormach pops up.

komatias
05-06-2018, 03:27 PM
Hi Guys, been searching for weeks for a used tormach in the uk no luck as of yet, seems a lot of guys are after them and when you do get one there that good no one sells :) so I'm going to order a new 440 in a few weeks unless I get real lucky and tormach pops up.

Lee, where are you based? Honestly, it may be worth coming and viewing my machine down in Bristol before you head on to Tormach. Incedently they are upping their prices this week I think.

JOGARA
05-06-2018, 07:54 PM
They just released 770M and 1100M with improved stuff over the originals. Orders for them are 20th June.

Later in the year they will also have MX which;
"the MX series of machines will add an encoder to the spindle for rigid tapping, a BT-30 spindle, and servos for the X, Y, and Z axes. And the best part is that the M machines will be easily upgradeable to MX!"

https://www.tormach.com/blog/introducing-tormach-m-series/

Anyone else thinking by the time you add ATC and all that, you are looking at MiniMill price range?

leepug
07-06-2018, 07:10 AM
Lee, where are you based? Honestly, it may be worth coming and viewing my machine down in Bristol before you head on to Tormach. Incedently they are upping their prices this week I think.

I'm down in hampshire mate, thanks for the offer but I've really got my heart set on a tormach.

leepug
07-06-2018, 07:13 AM
They just released 770M and 1100M with improved stuff over the originals. Orders for them are 20th June.

"the MX series of machines will add an encoder to the spindle for rigid tapping, a BT-30 spindle, and servos for the X, Y, and Z axes. And the best part is that the M machines will be easily upgradeable to MX!"

Anyone else thinking by the time you add ATC and all that, you are looking at MiniMill price range?

Brilliant thanks for that info, i believe the price of the m series is alot higher, they do look great atleast we can upgrade the 3 series to servos :) im going to order next week I've decided to go with the 770 with the stand pathpilot, and a few other bits :)

Snapper
08-06-2018, 04:29 PM
Brilliant thanks for that info, i believe the price of the m series is alot higher, they do look great atleast we can upgrade the 3 series to servos :) im going to order next week I've decided to go with the 770 with the stand pathpilot, and a few other bits :)

Is there a reason you particularly want a Tormach? Just interested.

Snapper
08-06-2018, 04:30 PM

Probably yes, but it will still have a market. Once you start adding things to a mini mill, they really aren't cheap. And they take up a huge amount of floor space.

leepug
08-06-2018, 04:52 PM
Hi, everthing seems to perfect for my needs, reviews of there machines are outstanding, ease of use and there customer support from what i have read is very good, allso there is so much information available with working the machine ect.

magicniner
08-06-2018, 06:41 PM
Good to see they're moving to a sensible spindle taper and almost adequate power and speed, I'd prefer to see 3Hp & 4Hp+ spindle motor options, but perhaps their column won't handle that?