PDA

View Full Version : Enclosure Recommendations

Washout
22-06-2018, 01:32 PM
Hi All

I've finally manged to get my VFD working from MACH3 in the last week and this seems like a good time to refresh my control enclosure with something that's DIN railed.

I do have a "spare" 450mm deep 12U 19" rack I could use by mounting the DIN rails to the rack mounts, but its a bit overkill.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a similar sized (i.e. 8 - 12U) enclosure with a glass door, but say 250-300m deep? Considering the rack cost £120 I'm not looking to pay much more than that, but could maybe stretch to £200-ish for the right item.

Cheers

Chris

harmo
20-05-2021, 12:45 PM
Hi Chris,

I hope you're well in these crazy times. I noticed that your thread here had no replies since 2018. I assume you don't need help now. How did you go?

A maker space in my old uni actually used a glass door cabinet that was once part of an older "TV entertainment unit". Some people also like to use the "Lack table enclosure" (popular with 3D printers) if you want a cheap option. Of course, using your 12U rack might be the cheapest way to go if you already have it.

Sorry I am a relative newbie on this forum, so I couldn't have responded back in 2018. Given that so much time has passed, I am curious to see which way you decided to go.

Kind Regards,
Hamish.

I'm also in the process of deciding the make/design/materials of the electronics enclosure.