PDA

View Full Version : 6040 y axis

RichR
01-07-2018, 12:57 PM
Hi
Just finished installing the stepper motors to my 6040 and noticed it takes a lot more effort to turn the y axis by hand than the x and z axis.Is this normal behaviour?It seems that motor is going to be under a lot of stress
Thanks
Rich

Clive S
01-07-2018, 02:33 PM
Hi
Just finished installing the stepper motors to my 6040 and noticed it takes a lot more effort to turn the y axis by hand than the x and z axis.Is this normal behaviour?It seems that motor is going to be under a lot of stress
Thanks
Rich

First welcome to the forum Rich.

Can you supply some more info ie does it have ball screws or lead screws, what are you calling the Y axis (is that the long axis or the gantry)

Can you move the axis freely without the motor attached. A lot of those type of machines need squaring up to make them run smooth. Pictures would help.

RichR
03-07-2018, 11:34 PM
Thanks for the welcome clive
Yes I actually meant the Z axis.
Well i've just got mach3 set up and all 3 motors are working fine and not getting hot under load
Now the fun begins!

Schematicsman
02-04-2019, 09:27 AM
Hi,there guys I need help with my crap USB- Cnc6040T 3 axis machine, I have the same problem Y axis by hand is hard and motors are not moving it either ?
I have the one with Black Box /the ballscrew are 1605 type and SFU1605 Ballnut::

Please help me run thourgh the whole machine fixes ??????:(

RichR
02-04-2019, 11:19 AM
The reason mine was hard to turn was that I'd installed it wrong.Screws too tight

AndyUK
02-04-2019, 02:19 PM
The reason mine was hard to turn was that I'd installed it wrong.Screws too tight

That would typically indicate to me that something is misaligned if it becomes hard to turn when the screws are tight - releasing the screws just allows things to move into a more neutral position.

magicniner
02-04-2019, 04:13 PM
That would typically indicate to me that something is misaligned if it becomes hard to turn when the screws are tight - releasing the screws just allows things to move into a more neutral position.

+1
If tightening screws causes an issue something is out of alignment.