PDA

View Full Version : Best UK company to do a servo retro fit on Syil X5

Benja
11-07-2018, 04:10 PM
As it says really, I have a x5 plus that Ive been using for 9 months, I'd love to have it converted to Servo with a hardware controller.

I hoped some of you guys might know who the best company to talk to would be? Im in the South.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers

komatias
11-07-2018, 04:44 PM
As it says really, I have a x5 plus that Ive been using for 9 months, I'd love to have it converted to Servo with a hardware controller.

I hoped some of you guys might know who the best company to talk to would be? Im in the South.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Benja,

the steppers are fine on that machine. Most lower end hardware controllers will do step and direction already too.

The machine is not worth the investment if it is not enclosed etc.

Benja
11-07-2018, 11:47 PM
Benja,

the steppers are fine on that machine. Most lower end hardware controllers will do step and direction already too.

The machine is not worth the investment if it is not enclosed etc.

Thanks Komatias, I think it would be worth the investment to me, when I said hardware controller I meant Siemens 808 or similar to get away from PC control. I dont need an enclosure. The steppers arent fine though I loose some accuracy at times.

Im not after more speed but more reliable accuracy. I do know what you mean about value though, but i didnt pay much for it so the additional to add servos would still only bring it up to RRP in the UK at the moment.

I realise you are the skyfire distro in the UK now, We did speak briefly via email a few months back, maybe i'll give you a call.