PDA

View Full Version : Supplied size accuracy on tooling plate.....

Voicecoil
29-09-2018, 01:17 PM
I'm looking to buy some pieces of tooling plate from Clickmetal.co.uk to start making my CNC router. As my machining capabilities are somewhat limited until the project's finished, my intention is to buy them slightly oversized and trim to fit - just wondering how accurate their cutting tends to be please?

magicniner
30-09-2018, 02:43 PM
Have you tried asking them what their cutting tolerances are?

Voicecoil
01-10-2018, 12:26 AM
Well, on their site they state +/-2mm IIRC - which is a lot, but then these days as a retailer, covering your arse is very important ;-) - I was just wondering what they actually tended to achieve.

Chaz
01-10-2018, 08:05 AM
Well, on their site they state +/-2mm IIRC - which is a lot, but then these days as a retailer, covering your arse is very important ;-) - I was just wondering what they actually tended to achieve.

I buy from them a fair bit, all within less than 1mm.

Voicecoil
01-10-2018, 08:23 AM
Cheers, many thanks for the info :beer:

Chaz
01-10-2018, 08:28 AM
Cheers, many thanks for the info :beer:

I dont know the exact measurements as Ive never really been too concerned. I tend to order oversize and then machine down. If you are working out of if you can build something from their cut sizes, probably could but probably nothing that needs ultra precision.

Voicecoil
01-10-2018, 08:33 AM
I too will be ordering slightly oversize and trimming down - but I wanted to minimise the amount of trimming needed, as I'm going to have to call in a favour from a friend to do it. And in the past I've had some pretty randomly sized bits of metal from other vendors.

Chaz
01-10-2018, 08:34 AM
I too will be ordering slightly oversize and trimming down - but I wanted to minimise the amount of trimming needed, as I'm going to have to call in a favour from a friend to do it. And in the past I've had some pretty randomly sized bits of metal from other vendors.

You wont have that problem here .....

If you order 102mm to get down to 100mm, it will be around 102mm.