PDA

View Full Version : Technician required

joss01
13-10-2018, 03:21 PM
Hello out there is there anybody who knows a tecnician who can come out to my workshop to setup the software for my 3 axis cnc please contact me if anybody can help. 07722530393

Thanks

Joss

Robin Hewitt
14-10-2018, 03:40 PM
You have a Union Jack so presumably that narrows it down to a mere four countries :hysterical:

joss01
14-10-2018, 03:46 PM
You have a Union Jack so presumably that narrows it down to a mere four countries :hysterical:

joss01
15-10-2018, 08:11 AM
Hello Robin

Yes I am based in Newbury and looking for a technician to sought out my cnc is this something you can help me with.

Thanks

johngoodrich
15-10-2018, 06:49 PM
Hello Robin

Yes I am based in Newbury and looking for a technician to sought out my cnc is this something you can help me with.

Thanks

he's being sartcastic because you have given no details as to where you are and what machine and software you need setting up. Details will help get the right person

joss01
15-10-2018, 07:56 PM
he's being sartcastic because you have given no details as to where you are and what machine and software you need setting up. Details will help get the right person

Sarcasm the meaning:

The use of remarks that clearly mean the opposite of what they say, made in order to hurt someone's feelings or to criticise something in a humorous way:

Robin I take it you where educated at Cambridge was it English grammer. How disappointing I thought this was a forum not not a playground for the uneducated.

magicniner
15-10-2018, 08:49 PM
Well, where you were educated it was obviously somewhere where it was customary to pose questions whilst providing insufficient information to provide an adequate answer.

It's disappointing that the uneducated come here and pose questions which are impossible to answer due their own assumed level of knowledge and, proving unable to recognise this, resort to remonstrating with those with a sense of humour about the shortcomings of the questions.

:D

Chaz
16-10-2018, 11:16 AM
Hello out there is there anybody who knows a tecnician who can come out to my workshop to setup the software for my 3 axis cnc please contact me if anybody can help. 07722530393

Thanks

Joss

I'd love to help but as M_C says, how can we provide help when we know nothing about the system, what it is, what's wrong with it etc? You provide a phone number, none of us are commercial entities, we are a set of people who are generally hobbyiests (spelling), helping each other. I'm not sure how feasible it is for someone to invest time to find the info from you - I'd suggest you offer a bit more info and then see if anyone is able / willing to help.

joss01
16-10-2018, 04:03 PM
It has a polish made controller PIKO that has a dedicated software. http://www.pikocnc.com/download-1
The cnc is a Polish built machine is CREBER very well engineered. But I need to to set it up correctly and I have no experience in this field.
This video shows the cnc being built https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxGE0l1MUlo

I have been told to change the controller and software all together but I still need someone to set it up.

Thanks for getting back hope to here from you

Regards

Joss

Chaz
16-10-2018, 04:56 PM
It has a polish made controller PIKO that has a dedicated software. http://www.pikocnc.com/download-1
The cnc is a Polish built machine is CREBER very well engineered. But I need to to set it up correctly and I have no experience in this field.
This video shows the cnc being built https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxGE0l1MUlo

I have been told to change the controller and software all together but I still need someone to set it up.

Thanks for getting back hope to here from you

Regards

Joss

Ah, I think you posted before, I remember the machine and the vid. Are you looking for someone to fix the current control setup or potentially retrofit it / modernise it?

joss01
16-10-2018, 06:55 PM
Ah, I think you posted before, I remember the machine and the vid. Are you looking for someone to fix the current control setup or potentially retrofit it / modernise it?

joss01
16-10-2018, 07:20 PM
Hi yes that was the post.
The cnc 3 years old and very well made it has a 1 x 2 meter bed 200mm gantry height, it is 440volt, it will soon have pneumatic material clamps fitted and has a tool bit chiller fitted. It is primarily use to engrave memorials, relief work in stone and war memorial plaques. The machine is used frequently used and operates well. My issue starts here the cnc was built in Poland with PIKO operating software which there is no English software available so operating the cnc has been a learning curve. I want to upgrade the control unit to and software to Masso unit or something similar and I am looking for someone to carry out the upgrade.
Thanks for responding

Chaz
16-10-2018, 07:55 PM
Hi yes that was the post.
The cnc 3 years old and very well made it has a 1 x 2 meter bed 200mm gantry height, it is 440volt, it will soon have pneumatic material clamps fitted and has a tool bit chiller fitted. It is primarily use to engrave memorials, relief work in stone and war memorial plaques. The machine is used frequently used and operates well. My issue starts here the cnc was built in Poland with PIKO operating software which there is no English software available so operating the cnc has been a learning curve. I want to upgrade the control unit to and software to Masso unit or something similar and I am looking for someone to carry out the upgrade.
Thanks for responding

If its running something proprietary, why not move to something like Acorn centroid or does the current control system do a lot of the CAD / CAM for you? How do you current generate G Code or is this done by this unit?

joss01
16-10-2018, 10:18 PM
The controller is connected via a USB to the pc. I generate the designs via Aspire V carve save it then open the file in the proprietery software designed by PIKO. I have not attempted to try a generic controller software but I don't think it will work. So to answer you question yes it does do the CAD/CAM.

Robin Hewitt
17-10-2018, 09:40 AM

Me? Sarcastic? Probably. I was trying to explain why you were getting no replies :eagerness:

joss01
17-10-2018, 10:47 AM
Hi no problem thanks for getting back. I have posted the details of my cnc I hope I can get some informative replies on upgrading and setting up the controller with a suitable cad/cam.

Chaz
19-10-2018, 03:16 PM
Hi no problem thanks for getting back. I have posted the details of my cnc I hope I can get some informative replies on upgrading and setting up the controller with a suitable cad/cam.

If you were willing to learn CAD / CAM with something like Fusion 360, this is an easy thing to sort with something else (loads of controller options).

joss01
19-10-2018, 03:31 PM
Hi Chaz
Yes great cad/cam software quite easy to use also my main design software is Aspire V Carve. But at the present moment I need to upgrade my controller and I am looking for an appropriate controller thats reliable and has a proprietary software program any ideas.

Chaz
19-10-2018, 03:33 PM
Hi Chaz
Yes great cad/cam software quite easy to use also my main design software is Aspire V Carve. But at the present moment I need to upgrade my controller and I am looking for an appropriate controller thats reliable and has a proprietary software program any ideas.

Personally Id just install Centroid Acorn. Its stable, runs well and is slowly gathering pace as a viable product. Centroid is a known entity, this is their entry into the DIY market. Ive got one on my lathe.

joss01
19-10-2018, 04:32 PM
Yes I will google the product and do some research thanks

m_c
19-10-2018, 04:43 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the stand out thing for me, is you've learnt to use the existing controller even though it's in Polish and it's working well, but you still want to upgrade it?

Having had a look at the PIKO site, it looks like a good package, so as along as you've figured out how to use it, I don't think I'd be in much rush to swap it to something else.

Chaz
19-10-2018, 04:56 PM
http://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_diy/acorn_cnc_controller.html

joss01
19-10-2018, 05:18 PM
Yes I had the same feedback from a colleague but I am having teething problems with setting up certain parameters because of the wording. I have used translation software and blindly adjusted the cnc with some positive results but I still need to iron out some gremlins which I am finding some what of a challenging.

Boyan Silyavski
19-10-2018, 06:48 PM
He needs to know what type of signal the servos/steppers work with, then the controller. I have not been here a couple of months but from when the ACORN is the recommended controller for retrofit? :indecisiveness: I hear for first time they have a cheap DIY controller. I agree that the original controller looks very good, so i dont see the point.

Does the machine has more complicated functions like tool changing, 4rth axis, or is just 3 axis router for stone engraving?

joss01
19-10-2018, 06:58 PM
Hi Boyan just one thing the shoe works and fits perfectly and looks great I earthed the tubing as you said and had no problem. The cnc is a 3 axis with basic functions. I did read up on the Acorn and the reviews did not look good. I am looking for a good quality controller to upgrade the PIKO cost is not the issue more quality and performance.

Boyan Silyavski
20-10-2018, 10:28 AM
Hi Boyan just one thing the shoe works and fits perfectly and looks great I earthed the tubing as you said and had no problem. The cnc is a 3 axis with basic functions. I did read up on the Acorn and the reviews did not look good. I am looking for a good quality controller to upgrade the PIKO cost is not the issue more quality and performance.

Great to hear! Thanks!

Now your machine is with the Ethernet controller? I assume it's quite frustrating working with a controller in Polish :-) . How do you square the long axis now? Via the controller?

What exactly would you like to be able to do with the new controller, apart from the basic stuff?

I will greatly encourage you if you change to change to a dedicated controller, without PC, Windows, Mach3 and other similar crap. After i build my machine and changing a couple of controllers from Galil to Pokeys, i was extremely disappointed with all of them. Needless to say i hate Mach3 / 4 from my heart /even i paid for their bloody license at the time/, always bugs, don't follow the perfect sequence/that you have to find/ and all will crash and so on. From the moment ii put the dedicated Chinese controller, its already 2 years that i have not had even a glitch

joss01
20-10-2018, 11:50 AM
Yes and I am still looking for someone

joss01
20-10-2018, 11:55 AM
Hello Boyan thank you for that piece of advice I had no intensions of installing Mach 3 as I have read some negative reviews. As far as staring up is concerned I control the XY axis to suit each piece of work via the controller.

joss01
15-03-2020, 10:08 PM
I am looking for someone to modernise /upgrade the controller but I am not having much luck finding somebody who can come back with a straight answer

magicniner
16-03-2020, 07:20 PM
When having my new 4-Axis VMC built I went for the Siemens 808D Advanced Controller, Servo and Drive system, it added £5k to the price of the machine over that with a Chinese manufacturer's system so I'm guessing it's £7k-10k of the price of the machine.

joss01
16-03-2020, 08:19 PM
Thats great to here I have a polish built machine that cost me 20k not chinese do you know of anyone who can help me with my upgrade? As said its a proffesional machine and I am not a hobbyist