PDA

View Full Version : Vector Aspire problem - drill toolpath converted to pocket toolpath

pablocordal
29-10-2018, 07:36 PM

I'm doing my first tests with Aspire 8.5. I'm trying to CNC (with morbidelli) a guitar fretboard (I'm attaching here a print of the .crv3d file).

I find the following problem: when I go to "save toolpath", the drill toolpath appears (in the .xxl file generated, a print also attached here) as G orders (pocket toolpaths) not as B orders (drills).

Any idea of what is or what am I doing wrong?

Thank you very much

cropwell
30-10-2018, 03:04 PM
I am not familiar with .xxl files, but your code appears to generate 5 G0 (rapid moves) to 5 different places (2 at each end of the fretboard and 1 in the middle)

'as G orders (pocket toolpaths) not as B orders (drills)' does not make sense to me. G81 onwards are to do with drilling operations and G00 is a rapid move. I do not know what anything that begins with B means, but my Zeus tables calls it 'Angular dimension about the Y axis' :confusion::confusion:

pablocordal
30-10-2018, 03:17 PM
G81 onwards are to do with drilling operations

Hi,
Thanks for your answer. Yes, the movements are OK, those are the small holes in the sides and middle of the fretboard.

What do you mean G81? did you mean G1? The CNC I'm working with is a Morbidelli Plus Arcs. The owner of the CNC told me B operations are drill operations and G's are pocket operations, and I guess that's right since he uses the CNC all day building furniture since long ago.

I'm more confused than before

cropwell
30-10-2018, 05:14 PM
Does this Morbidelli machine not use standard Machine Codes ?

In your example G0 positions the spindle, G1 drills the hole 10mm deep and then retracts the drill with a G0
A pocket operation would move to a safe height G0 Z-6 for example, move to within the pocket boundary, lower the tool with a G1 Z move and then use G1's to move around to cut out the pocket.

Your Morbidelli owner is probably referring to something in the software he uses to create his G code (???????).

pablocordal
30-10-2018, 09:14 PM
I did not know there were standard machine codes. All you say is very interesting. I'm not sure what's the confussion here. I'll check this info with him and let you know.

Thank you very much

cropwell
31-10-2018, 02:26 PM
Have a look - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G-code