PDA

View Full Version : Help !! Stepper motor

Caldwell22
28-02-2019, 03:53 PM
Hi all ,

im new to the world of homebuild CNC , i purchased a cnc router a few years ago and all has been running fine until recently when i moved the machine. The z axis stepper motor seems to stop working at random intervals , ive attached a small clip of the issue as difficult to describe. ( wont let me upload )

The spindle attempts to turn however seems to jam up. It then almost jerks in random motions whilst making a whirring sounds.

Any ideas or help would be really appreciated

Thanks in advance
Adam

cropwell
28-02-2019, 07:20 PM
Have you tried swapping the motor connections for a different axis ? that would tell you whether it is the motor or the driver. Your symptoms could be a broken wire. I had that on the z axis and it behaved very oddly.

Caldwell22
06-03-2019, 04:21 PM
i took the stepper off and re-wired it next to the driver and seemed to work ok , ive checked all the wiring to where the stepper would normally sit but cant see any issues .

it worked for a few mintes then same problem !! i think maybe the next step is to replace all wiring to that stepper and see if the problem is solved. here is a link to short video of the problem

https://vimeo.com/user95894002/review/321748320/b3000fae12
Cheers