PDA

View Full Version : CNCDrive AXBB super deal?

driftspin
01-03-2019, 08:08 PM
Hi all,

What about this one:

http://cncdrive.com/AXBB.html

Looks like an awesome deal!

For a starters it has 400khz of pulse rate capable cpu.

+ 1 PP equivalent io available including BOB/Isolation.

+ it is expandable with 1 extra PP worth of io

For only €129.-

+ it has UCCNC included.

I would say most people can do all they need with this board?

Any thoughts?

Grtz Bert.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A320FL met Tapatalk

magicniner
01-03-2019, 11:43 PM
I've started looking at Stand Alone Controllers, it's the future! :D

lp_felix
07-03-2019, 01:08 PM
I've started looking at Stand Alone Controllers, it's the future! :DDo you have tested any standalone controller? I use hass machines and uccnc for the routers but I want dedicated controllers for routers.
Uccnc work really well, but I want a nice panel controller...
I don't want build one from scratch and config everything, is a lot time consuming..

Enviado do meu Redmi Note 4 através do Tapatalk

driftspin
07-03-2019, 07:15 PM
Do you have tested any standalone controller? I use hass machines and uccnc for the routers but I want dedicated controllers for routers.
I don't want build one from scratch and config everything, is a lot time consuming..

Enviado do meu Redmi Note 4 através do TapatalkHi lp_felix,

Do you think something like a 10" tablet type screen combined with UCCNC would meet your needs? I saw somebody using a dualcore surface pro with UCCNC.(usb uc300 i think)

I do my design scketching in the house and have the pc in my garage running F360 too, sharing the designs by f360 cloud.
Normally i run the nc export files in the garage.
I installed UCCNC on there to control the router.

When small issues come up i can do touchup in the garage.

I am a hobby cnc user so i do not run series of the same parts.

Having a multifunctional pc near the router is for now a good solution for me.

Somehow i dont see how carrying the nc files to a standalon controlbox per usb- stick as future proof... They should do a wifi solution to read the files from a network share or something.

I have been looking for usb drive / wifi / nas combined devices to overcome this.
It could have made me decide to go for stand alone, but never found a good one.

Grtz. Bert.

Doddy
07-03-2019, 07:40 PM
Hi all,
For only €129.-

+ it has UCCNC included.

I would say most people can do all they need with this board?

Any thoughts?

Grtz Bert.

Indeed, a fine looking board. I can't find any reference to anything other than UCCNC. Is this a proprietary interface for UCCNC or are there similar drivers for Mach as for the other UCx00 interfaces?

driftspin
07-03-2019, 08:01 PM
Indeed, a fine looking board. I can't find any reference to anything other than UCCNC. Is this a proprietary interface for UCCNC or are there similar drivers for Mach as for the other UCx00 interfaces?Hi Doddy,

I am not sure, but the manual does not mention mach.

I am looking into some stuff for a friend who wants to build a 3axis router +/- 1000x1500x200 mm with twin x-axis ballscrews.

He has no software yet, so this is a very good looking board / software to start.

Grtz Bert.

lp_felix
08-03-2019, 07:24 AM
Hi, driftspin
Yes a touch display will help and a MPG controller and a few buttons, but with the same cost (add a pc windows licence uccnc board and licence, mouse keyboard...) I think it's possible get some "industrial controller" from China.
I have 3 machines with uccnc, working fine.
I just like to try an controller like I have in vmc's.. Nothing so fancy like haas controller or simenes, an LNC or something.. Lololol

AndyGuid
08-03-2019, 08:41 AM
Do you have tested any standalone controller? I use hass machines and uccnc for the routers but I want dedicated controllers for routers.

Boyan has tested an offline controller in the following thread that you may find of interest:
http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10187-DDSCV1-1-3-and-4-axis-offline-motion-controller?p=102256#post102256

lp_felix
08-03-2019, 05:55 PM
It's a nice one, but I would like to try something like this
https://app.alibaba.com/dynamiclink?touchId=60162471987&type=product&schema=enalibaba%3A%2F%2Fdetail%3Fid%3D60162471987 %26ck%3Dshare_detail&ck=share_detail&shareScene=buyer

I don't buy one yet because e can configure one machine with uccnc im 10 minutes, and a controller like this probably will take days.
The guys from uccnc should develop a physical front panel and make a new screen using the same philosophy of industrial controller.
I think I have found something like that a few weeks ago..

I think it's a business opportunity..

A_Camera
11-03-2019, 01:44 PM
Indeed, a fine looking board. I can't find any reference to anything other than UCCNC. Is this a proprietary interface for UCCNC or are there similar drivers for Mach as for the other UCx00 interfaces?

I have their UC300 controllers (have one for USB and one for ETH) and they both support Mach3 as well. If this new one is going to have drivers for Mach 3 or not, I have no idea, but CNC Drive have a pretty good support forum where you can ask that.

In fact, I just had a quick look, and there is an answer already to the same question:

http://www.forum.cncdrive.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1834

Otherwise everything is proprietary, as far as I know, there are no generic controllers, and also in my experience, UCCNC is better than Mach3.

driftspin
11-03-2019, 05:14 PM
I have their UC300 controllers (have one for USB and one for ETH) and they both support Mach3 as well. If this new one is going to have drivers for Mach 3 or not, I have no idea, but CNC Drive have a pretty good support forum where you can ask that.

In fact, I just had a quick look, and there is an answer already to the same question:

http://www.forum.cncdrive.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1834

Otherwise everything is proprietary, as far as I know, there are no generic controllers, and also in my experience, UCCNC is better than Mach3.Hi A_Camera,

Good find.

CNCdrive really supports their customers right.

Grtz Bert.

CharlieRam
11-03-2019, 05:53 PM
I've ordered one....its on its way! 😁

Clive S
11-03-2019, 06:07 PM
I've ordered one....its on its way! 😁

Are you using this on a router with slaved axis? If the axis are slaved using 2 motors will it be able to do that with the independent homing to square the axis? Just asking!!!

Snapper
11-03-2019, 09:27 PM
It's a nice one, but I would like to try something like this
https://app.alibaba.com/dynamiclink?touchId=60162471987&type=product&schema=enalibaba%3A%2F%2Fdetail%3Fid%3D60162471987 %26ck%3Dshare_detail&ck=share_detail&shareScene=buyer

I don't buy one yet because e can configure one machine with uccnc im 10 minutes, and a controller like this probably will take days.
The guys from uccnc should develop a physical front panel and make a new screen using the same philosophy of industrial controller.
I think I have found something like that a few weeks ago..

I think it's a business opportunity..

Just... don’t.

CharlieRam
11-03-2019, 10:15 PM
Are you using this on a router with slaved axis? If the axis are slaved using 2 motors will it be able to do that with the independent homing to square the axis? Just asking!!!
My machine doesn't have a slave axis, I was considering the uc400 but then I saw this controller with the software....its a no brainer for me to try it 😊 £160 shipped

driftspin
11-03-2019, 10:35 PM
My machine doesn't have a slave axis, I was considering the uc400 but then I saw this controller with the software....its a no brainer for me to try it [emoji4] £160 shippedOh ok,

Keep me posted, really interested on your findings.

Grtz Bert.

CharlieRam
11-03-2019, 10:53 PM
Will do but I hope you're patient....I've been working on my machine for 4 years! :whistle:

A_Camera
12-03-2019, 08:54 AM

In the meantime, during the night, they have released the driver for Mach3.

http://cncdrive.com/AXBB.html

Ger21
16-03-2019, 10:10 PM
I bought one to use as a test setup for my desk to be used when developing custom screens and macros. Still waiting on some other components, but it's a really nice package.